Beware Of Vipair Performance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you might recall the thread I posted back in October 07 about the body parts I purchased from Vipair Performance that never showed up. I purchased GTS-R front fascia, SRT-10 Vented Hood and Low Profile Speedster Bubble and paid for all the parts, crating, shipping, etc on 09/06/07. Then I waited for the parts to show up.

After I posted the thread on VCA, Steve contacted me and provided tracking number for the shipment. Although Steve was supposed to have all the parts shipped within a week and it took him 1.5 months to ship the parts to the warehouse I work with, I asked Chris to delete the thread and thanked Steve for the transaction because I thought I finally got all my parts.

I had other parts sent to the warehouse and everything was placed in a 20 ft container and was shipped overseas to Europe.

In January 08, the container arrived at the port here and to my surprise the GTS-R front fascia was missing. I contacted UPS, the warehouse and Steve at Vipair Performance and we found out that the GTS-R front fascia had been sitting in Steve’s shop for the entire time!! The front fascia was never shipped although it was paid for including shipping and crating back in September 07. Steve accepted the fact that it was his fault that he forgot to ship the front fascia, apologized and told me he was going to ship it right away to make up for his mistake.

1 month passed by and still nothing. I even offered to pay for the shipping of the front fascia again and still nothing. Although I hate to do it, I called Steve couple times for the past month, and every single time, Steve promises to have it shipped the next day and still nothing.

Why do I or any other customer of Vipair Performance need to go through this? Exactly how many months do I or any other customer need to wait for Vipair Performance to ship parts in stock?

I had parts from other VCA vendors in the container like the 08 hood I bought from Partsrack and everything was shipped in time and the parts arrived in perfect condition. But when it’s Vipair Performance, things just don’t go right.

I even offered to pay for the shipping again to get the front fascia although it wasn’t my fault Vipair Performance forgot to ship the parts they were paid for.

I’m still trying to solve this problem without filing a report or going through that route but it just is not working with Vipair Performance.

Hopefully, this thread will make Steve get up and ship the part like the last time.

If you ever decide to buy any parts from Vipair Performance, make sure you can hop in your truck drive up to Steve’s shop and pick the part in person (if they one in stock). Otherwise, forget it. You will never receive the part !

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should find a local attorney near where that shop is and have them immediately file a claim in court on your behlaf. You'd be surprised at how fast things will happen after that.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should find a local attorney near where that shop is and have them immediately file a claim in court on your behlaf. You'd be surprised at how fast things will happen after that.

You’re right but I thought I should try every single way possible before going that route. All I want is the parts I paid for. Nothing more, nothing less…

Hopefully, this thread will make Steve get up and ship the part out.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sort of a girly way of approaching it yes? "Maybe if I tell all my friends how angry I am, then all the negative energy karma will magically gravitate to him and make him change his ways".

Call Steve tomorrow and tell him he's got 7 days to get it to you or you'll see him in court.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's sort of a girly way of approaching it yes? "Maybe if I tell all my friends how angry I am, then all the negative energy karma will magically gravitate to him and make him change his ways".

Call Steve tomorrow and tell him he's got 7 days to get it to you or you'll see him in court.

Well, it’s not “if I tell my friends how angry I am….” deal. Maybe he would feel the need to take action when stuff is made public.

I don’t see asking Steve publicly one more time to take correct action as girly.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think how many times this guy has dicked you around already, and you paid him fair and square for the parts. What kind of business is it when in order to get what you paid for and ordered, you have to go on a forum online and post a big lengthy story about it??

In fact the main reason you're probably getting the run around is because you are in Europe, and companies think international customers have less recourse, etc. Trust me when the problem moves to their front door and their local courthouse, it's a whole different ballgame.

On their website there isn't even anything published under 'Policies' or 'About Us', or a phone or email on their website. Looks very sketchy to be sending big money for fancy carbon fiber parts to a company like that.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're way more patient than i am. i wouldn't put up with that kinda BS customer service from anyone.

and id never buy ANY of his products now after hearing this story

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dude I wouldn't even give an ultimatum, I would just call an attorney and get it handled. You have accomplished one thing, you have probably killed a lot of business for him by posting this as I also would never even consider buying from Vipair Performance. I am sure most people who read this will feel the same.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from a person that has been F'd a few times.
I no longer pay for anything in advance.
I will place funds in an escrow account, even if it is a deposit.
If i have to drive for pick up i will.
I recently had a tuner try to steal 35K (not VIPER RELATED).
Found a local attorney (thanks to a Viper Owner), Call was
made, business agreed to terms.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent advice. Could have saved me $1000 a few years back.

DrDJ

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does F'd mean? Just kidding, and your right. I posted years ago on here and many other places that E.I.A.S. Everything is a scam. Or at least you better treat everything as a scam UNTIL proven its not. People thought I was so negative years ago when I had hats and shirts made up with this logo actually on it, and now look, you see the word scam almost every day somewhere in the news.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

^^^This is the the truth. Been there done that.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've let plenty of time go by waiting for him to make it right, obviously he isn't going to follow through. Take him to court. Nothing like putting a little fire under his ***. I was tempted to order a Mopar-style wing from them but after reading this I will stick with Partsrack. good luck.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most banks have a 60 day time limit to dispute a charge. Sounds like this is well past that.

Unfortunately, you’re right about that. The credit card payment was processed back in September 6th, 2007.

And the worst part is I still need the damn GTS-R fascia. I got rid of my stock fascia thinking that I would be receiving the GTS-R front fascia and now I don’t have a front fascia on my Viper.

I did a little search and all I could find was his shop is probably somewhere in Santa Rosa, CA. That’s all I could find. There is no address or business phone number information on the website. All I know is his first name, Steve, and his cell phone number and the name on my credit card statement, Vipair Performance.

I thought I would trust a VCA vendor. I’m sure there are even members here who know him in person or who talk to him.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd be surprised too. I have a judgement (not against Vipair) for 35K that an attorney "won" for me. It only took three years and a few grand out of my pocket. Now I have a lien on the guy's house and have to wait until he dies or sells.

Yep, swift justice at work. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris,

I don’t know how to tell you how much I appreciate the help and support you have provided. I got off the phone with Steve and he told me that you gave him a call. **EDIT** Steve received an e-mail from Chris, advising him about this thread **
That means a lot to me. Thank you very much.

God knows I hate to post a thread about a transaction that went bad or any negative thing about a VCA member or vendor. I would rather post threads about how my twin turbo Viper puts everyone in shock and awe here and the 1/4 mile records I shattered here.

Steve travels a lot and I know that. I travel a lot too, both for military and as a civilian. I understand that somebody in the shipping department of Vipair Performance messed up the crate and forgot to ship the front fascia and it’s difficult for Steve to manage this side business as efficiently as he wants. But for God’s sake I have been basically waiting for 5 months now for this front fascia. I’ve tried to be patient and understanding but I have to deal here with a container at the port with missing parts off the inventory list and a twin turbo Viper with no front fascia sitting at the shop. I’m not asking for anything special or extra. All I want is to receive the parts I paid for in a timely manner.

Steve told me that he is going to ship the front fascia today. Hopefully it will arrive quickly without any further problems and this will be over.

Thanks again Chris.

Art

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve travels a lot and I know that. I travel a lot too, both for military and as a civilian. I understand that somebody in the shipping department of Vipair Performance messed up the crate and forgot to ship the front fascia and it’s difficult for Steve to manage this side business as efficiently as he wants. Art

What are you apologizing for, your too nice. The guy only followed through because he was basically forced to. He tried unsuccessfully to rip you off. Let's call a spade a spade.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to think I was actually going to buy something from this guy....

It's a shame in the viper world.. That we have businesses that do this.... And the Viper tuners aren't any better...

I really think the VCA should start checking into the them before they accept payment...
Because we all get $crewed in the end...

Let's just say as of now... The only place I would buy is from Partsrack and I wouldn't let any of the tuners touch my car..

Good luck with getting your part... I think the best way would be to get an attorney... Its a shame that you have to do this...

VCA are you listening???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Joe

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received a PM from Steve.
There seems to be a misunderstanding.

All I want from Steve is the GTS-R front fascia. I have no intention to bash his business.

In our phone conversation yesterday (02/25/08), Steve told me he would even credit me back for the cost of the front fascia as a sign of good faith.

Vipair makes an outstanding looking front fascia and they deserve the money they want for that part. Credits don’t do me any good. My car is sitting in the shop without a fascia. I need the fascia.

I might have done wrong in posting the issue here but I had no other choice. Although I hate doing it, I have called and PM’ed Steve a million times and couldn’t get him to ship the part.

I have not charged back any amount from the payment I did to Vipair Performance back on 09/06/07. I have no intention of filing a credit card claim and the deadline for that has long gone by anyway.

I understand it was a careless mistake Steve's shipping guy did and I will gladly apologize if and when the front fascia arrives here.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All I want from Steve is the GTS-R front fascia. I have no intention to bash his business.

In our phone conversation yesterday (02/25/08), Steve told me he would even credit me back for the cost of the front fascia as a sign of good faith.

Vipair makes an outstanding looking front fascia and they deserve the money they want for that part. Credits don’t do me any good. My car is sitting in the shop without a fascia. I need the fascia.

I might have done wrong in posting the issue here but I had no other choice. Although I hate doing it, I have called and PM’ed Steve a million times and couldn’t get him to ship the part.

I have not charged back any amount from the payment I did to Vipair Performance back on 09/06/07. I have no intention of filing a credit card claim and the deadline for that has long gone by anyway.

I understand it was a careless mistake Steve's shipping guy did and I will gladly apologize if and when the front fascia arrives here.

You did what you had to do. If Steve was smart, he'd come on here and beg for forgiveness... some of us don't old grudges for long.

Let's see some pics when it goes on! :2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to think I was actually going to buy something from this guy....

It's a shame in the viper world.. That we have businesses that do this.... And the Viper tuners aren't any better...

I really think the VCA should start checking into the them before they accept payment...
Because we all get $crewed in the end...

Let's just say as of now... The only place I would buy is from Partsrack and I wouldn't let any of the tuners touch my car..

Good luck with getting your part... I think the best way would be to get an attorney... Its a shame that you have to do this...

VCA are you listening???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Joe

You want the VCA to investigate and rate Viper vendors? Isn't that what this forum is for? Isn't this the perfect place for Viper owners to check on fellow owner's opinions and experiences with various vendors?

I can find several VCA officers and members who are prepared to offer their services to form an investigative staff (let's call them "Team IV" for investigation Viper). It's just that our VCA dues would have to increase a hair to provide for the compensation, offices, staff and surely the liability insurance coverage.

Would not the "search button" do the job. ;)

I might also mention that for every Viper vendor scoundrel around, there are probably at least 10 others that are top notch!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon and Arda, this is old history, I've talked to you both in the past regarding this matter, you both have been told to drop it, if you want to continue you will find it pointless as it will be removed again and if either of you choose to continue you may have to do it on another board as you both busted the rules big time in the last few posts. Hijack and personal attack on one side and personal attack and family take on the other. No more please, EVER. Last warning.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is no reason for you to be apologizing for anything.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, this is going to be a long reply, but lets get started with some credibility stuff that seems to always be questioned when posts like this are made.

Hmmm...Let's see

I have been a VCA site sponsor for years,

I donated parts to Chuck ( Wizard) to help pay for his barbeque expenses the year that no one showed up and he got stuck with some huge bills, ask CitySnake, he raffled the parts off to raise funds

Ask Utah Todd about who shipped him a prototype convert to coupe conversion (at my expense) for his Heffner 1500Hp beast to run for records and when he crashed and damaged the top (and his viper), I did nothing, said nothing, I was just glad he was OK.

I supply parts to Partsrack and JonB just called yesterday to remind me to bill him for all the parts I shipped to him for the past 4 months

etc. etc. etc.

Anyways,

here is my PM to Enver, or is it ART, or is it Arda,,, none the less...

Re: The GTS-R Front Fascia Enver, Art, Arda, Whomever,

Funny how in your posts of today, you left out the part of the conversation where I said I was crediting your credit card for the amount of the facia.

You also mislead everyone and make it sound like the last time you posted, I only shipped after you posted, but I had actually shipped a few days before your post. Last time, you didn't even post an apology, you just had the thread retracted.

You also characterize the fact that the parts shipped a month or so after your order as being deceitful yet other VCA vendors like Auto form always ship at least a month after orders are placed, I know, I have many of their parts on one of my cars and I know that these things take time to make, crate, etc..

I was warned by quite a few vendors, to NOT do business with you AT ALL, after you stopped the credit card payments on all the part and upgrade transactions for your Viper. I even heard that you sent the sheriff into Heffners to repo your car after after you reversed the credit card payments to him for all the upgrades, but had only shown the sheriffs office the payment part, not the reversal part on your credit card statements.

Why, after you know that this was a simple shipping clerk error, do you feel a need to bash someone's business?

You advised me of this shipping error on the 5th of february, 2008, 3 or 4 months after I shipped originally.

On the 9th of February I advised you that I had found it was a shipping clerk error on my side.

We talked on the phone a few days after, on around the 15th and I told you that it was being reboxed because the box it was in would not stand up to an air shipment and that that would take a few more days. You make out in your bash post on the VCA like I have been scamming you for months and it has been 20 days since you first PM'd me about this and like I said I understand your frustration.

You know I offered to ship at no charge to you, in FRIGGIN INSTANBUL, a week and a half ago, a $2000.00 shipment, and you know that I offered to credit your card for the amount of the facia as well, therefore it would be a free part as well, and even after that, you still bash me some more. What kind of "person" are you?

I told you that I was at my 5 year olds school assembly this AM when you phoned and I told you that I had had an email (nice one there, trying to make it sound like Chris was doing you the favor) from Chris Marshal advising me of your bash post, funny how you did this just a few days after telling me how you were NOT going to post on the VCA site this last Thursday, when you called me, when I was up in Canada and I told you that it (the facia) either had shipped or was shipping right away and once it did I would get you the tracking number once I got back to my USA office, and what do you do?? You bash me on the VCA site 1 business day after that conversation.

At this point, I am inclined to just refund you your money and call it a day, you have already done your damage, and from what I am told by 3 other vendors that you either scammed or tried to scam, you will probably retract your credit card payments for these parts anyways.

I am going to check with my credit card provider and make sure that you never reversed the charges for the credit card charges with my company like you did to the other vendors that you did so with.

Enver, Art, Arda, Whatever the name, I expect you to tell the truth in your bashing expose on the forum, why don't you tell everyone about your intricate knowledge of how to do a credit card scam, you seem to present yourself as quite the innocent little soul when it comes to such matters.

PS. I ship $30,000,000.00 worth of goods a year, I will not risk my company's track record with customs by fraudulently representing this shipment as a gift with a value of $40.00, Where would you ever find a customs agent stupid enough to believe that someone would pay $2K to ship a $40. part?

tell the truth Enver, Art, Arda....
nono.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSOMNIAC
Quick Reminder.

Please ship the GTS-R Front Fascia with UPS or FedEx Expedited International Shipping to the address below.

Arda Altinok
Darulaceze Caddesi, Bilas Is Merkezi, B Blok, No:33/B, Kat:2, Okmeydani, 34384 - Istanbul / TURKEY

Please declare the part description as “GIFT” and the value as “$40” and don’t put any invoice inside or on the package.

Thanks.

Art
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

HERE ARE HIS 2 REPLIES

Re: The GTS-R Front Fascia Steve,

You have told me many things and have not actually performed them. I posted that you were going to ship the fascia and I was waiting for the credit to appear in the credit card before I post that you credited me the full amount for the fascia.

I paid in full for all the parts plus crating and shipping, total of $3,900, on 09/06/2007. You delivered the parts to the warehouse (with the exception of the front fascia) on 10/08/2007 at 8:44 A.M. You told me you had all the parts in stock but it took you 1 month to actually ship them.

I PM’ed you on 02/05/2008 telling you that the crate you delivered to the warehouse was missing the front fascia. Then on 02/08/2008, you PM’ed me back telling me that you found out that the front fascia has been sitting in your shop this whole time and you apologized for that. You told me that your box maker was making a box for the fascia and you were going to ship it on 02/11/08 or 02/12/08 the latest on your expense.

I tried to be patient and avoid bugging you with PM’s and phone calls but you just did not do anything. I even offered to pay for the shipping but every single time I called you, your reply was “I am going to ship it the next day”. That next day never came.

Remember you told me the front fascia was in the back of your truck and that you were going to ship it yesterday on 02/25/08. It looks like that did not happen either.

Me and my dad are the owners of a construction consulting company here working mainly with the government and military. The credit card I used for the transaction is our company card and has the name of my dad, Enver Altinok. My card was still in the mail back in September 07, so used my dad’s card. Both the cards share the same company account. My name is Arda Altinok. California Drivers License Number : D4244881. I go by the name Art is it’s easier to pronounce and understand.

I am not a scammer and I have no intention of pulling any scam on you. Please check all your credit accounts and you will see the hard earned $3,900 staying solid as credit card payment from me. Even if I were to claim a credit charge back for an item never shipped, that would have to be filed within 60 days of the initial purchase date. That time has long gone by. I had no intentions of filing a claim with the credit card company because all I wanted was the parts.

For God’s sake I waited enough Steve. You were going to ship the fascia on 02/12/08 the latest. Today is 02/26/08. Still nothing.

I can’t believe it costs $2,000 to ship the front fascia here. There must be a cheaper way. When I looked it up on the UPS website, the shipping cost estimate was around $300. Send it with not the fastest option but the second fastest. My address here is commercial if that’s going to help any.

Again, my goal is not to bash your business or anything and I even asked Chris to delete the thread once I receive the part. All I want is the front fascia. I have been patient enough but you keep playing with me.

Arda Altinok

Re: The GTS-R Front Fascia - Part 2 Part 2

I’ll have to continue here as the system doesn’t let me PM too long text.

I don’t want the credit. It’s your money. You have an outstanding looking front fascia and that’s the price of it. All I want is the front fascia shipped here.

You don’t need to declare the shipment as “GIFT” or the value as “$40”. That was to make things go faster. Declare the shipment as “Front Bumper” and the value as any reasonable number, $400 - $900. Worst case, declare it as the amount you sold me for “$1,600”. I just would have to pay customs and taxes again for the part in accordance with the value you declare.

As I said before, I don’t want to bash your business or anything. All I want is the front fascia. Crediting me the amount after all these months won’t do me any good either. I frigging need the front fascia.

I can scan and mail you a copy of my driver’s license. I already gave you the driver’s license number. You tell me what you want to know and I’ll tell you.

I need the front fascia, please.

Thanks.

Arda Altinok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave