it is official!!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been snake bitten, in the good way.:headbang: Now i just have to sit back and wait for my new '08 Violet Viper 'Vert.:D:rolaugh:(almost a tongue twister) Any others getting that color?

Thanks to Bill @ Woodhouse, you da man!!

Last edited:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perfect example of Viper Envy!!:D Maybe I should have shared the SSG? Nahhhh!:rolaugh:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I were getting any color '08. My wife loves the viper violet color. Did you order with or without stripes? White stripes would look great on it. Again, congrats and please post pics of it when you get it.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I were getting any color '08. My wife loves the viper violet color. Did you order with or without stripes? White stripes would look great on it. Again, congrats and please post pics of it when you get it.

no stripes. im so weird that i would sit there for hours staring, wondering if the stripes are straight and even. lol, my little OCD. my wife can attest to that. thought about the areo package, but it may look a little too tuner for me. (nothing against hondas and nissans, just not my bag.) only options are graphite bezel, and h spokes. i will def post pics once it arrives. probably in june, if i am lucky.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been snake bitten, in the good way.:headbang: Now i just have to sit back and wait for my new '08 Violet Viper 'Vert.:D:rolaugh:(almost a tongue twister) Any others getting that color?

Thanks to Bill @ Woodhouse, you da man!!

I know a good plan when I see one. You are going to get the violet one and once it is in your possession talk your wife into trading you cars! :2tu:

If you need any convincing, I'm here to help manipulate...:D

Sounds like something I would do...nah seriously Congratulations!!! That is a beautiful car also.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know a good plan when I see one. You are going to get the violet one and once it is in your possession talk your wife into trading you cars! :2tu:

If you need any convincing, I'm here to help manipulate...:D

Sounds like something I would do...nah seriously Congratulations!!! That is a beautiful car also.

Texas, I thought we were friends!:nono::D

V

Venomiss

We can start this one as the Violet Vipers thread exclusively.;)

My dog Lilly told me there may be a few coming to the Midwest in the future.
She's better than a crystal ball.
Sad to say not to our house.:(
My vote is stripes-but that's me. Congrats on your Violet!!

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can start this one as the Violet Vipers thread exclusively.;)

My dog Lilly told me there may be a few coming to the Midwest in the future.
She's better than a crystal ball.
Sad to say not to our house.:(
My vote is stripes-but that's me. Congrats on your Violet!!

Thanks, mine has no stripes. it seems that you can get silver and white only. i saw silver on a green, not in person though, and it looked strange. also, as i stated earlier, i would probably stare at it for a few hours wondering if they were on straight. lol. i guess the hardest thing is going to be the 4 month wait.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas' first BARNEYMOBILE!!!

Bring it to the Roundup in April.

Except my viper would kicks Barney's hind end.:) sorry to disappoint, but this car doesnt belong to a state like Texas. It is a NC car.
Maybe Texas will be getting one or two though....which brings me to this.......since this is a VIOLET VIPER thread....is anyone else planning to get one in this color?
just curious....

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I will probably be that last person to have my '08 viper delivered. So I am throwing that out there. Don't rub it in too much.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There seems to be a rumor going around that my sweet husband is going to try to snag my SSG and trade for the purple. He should be very careful that I don't just end up with both the SSG AND the VIOLET!!!:lmao:

HAVE FUN WAITING............:pbt::outtahere:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purple needs white stripes, cuz it is such a dark color, trust me would I steer you wrong?.......and the comment on the silver stripes on the SSG is true- it looks strange to me also.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purple needs white stripes, cuz it is such a dark color, trust me would I steer you wrong?.......and the comment on the silver stripes on the SSG is true- it looks strange to me also.

have you seen pictures of the purple,:omg: dont hold out, if you have.:)

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to know what the violet or any other color looks like with stripes or solid on the vert or coupe go to Drivesrt.com

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have seen of all the SSG pics, and having seen the GTS blue with silver stripes in person as compared to the pics I think the color will be close. Regardless I think your choice was good and you will love it.

V

Venomiss

well...if thats close ..i would say bring it on! i like the purple that is there. so, my vote is yes!

This is what my hubby posted before-just to give you an idea for those that are waiting for Violet. They will be beautiful.

08colorsb.jpg

Next up, a bunch of Viper Violet Pearl Coat - wow!! We will start next to the 2001 Sapphire Blue:

When it gets dark, they look similar...

vv3.jpg

Then get some light on 'em and WOW!

vv4.jpg

Violet indeed...

vv5.jpg

But still subtle in low light and at night:

vv6.jpg

Use a flash for a blurry close up, and your Violet is indeed purple (on the right)

vv7.jpg

So Chris, just like the Plum Crazy of the early 70's? Well, you would think it was close...

vv9.jpg

But change the angle and NOPE! It is a color like we have never seen before:

vv8.jpg

Definitely one SMOKIN hot color!

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, im going to park it next to my plum crazy challenger and compare it as well. should be pretty freakin cool.