"FYI"...SRT Shootout at Indy's ORP 3/22/08...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We were contacted by Aaron Arriaga concerning this "event"...which is being relayed to you as a courtesy as this is NOT an official IN/KY VCA event. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate !!!

"Steve,
Per our conversation, I am hosting an SRT event at O’Reilly Raceway Park. All SRT models are welcome with a limit to only 100 vehicles.
I will be bringing my 1993 custom tuned Dodge Viper and my 2006 300 SRT Mopar 392. right now we have about 40 vehicles registered,
And we have people calling every day. I would like to invite the Viper club to join and I will open the limit to over 100 if the Viper club will need it.
I have included a file with the flyer on it. Please feel free to call me with any questions.
Who Can Race?
Any Licensed Driver (must show license in order to pass tech) those under 18 but licensed must have a minor release signed by parents. All minors need to be accompanied by the parent and or guardian to the office to complete the minor waiver. An ORP employee has to witness the parent and or guardian signing the waiver and verify their legal driver’s license. At that time, we will issue the minor a “Minors” Tuesday Night Street Legal Membership card with the minors name on it. The card will be a different color than the other racers. Also the minor must have the card on their person at all times while racing at the track.

How Much?
To race your vehicle is $50.00 per vehicle.

The following are requirements for street legal vehicles:
1. The vehicle must be STREET LEGAL, which means registered, insured, and drivable on the street.
2. NO RACE CARS!!
3. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
4. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
5. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
6. All automatic transmissions must have operational neutral safety switches.
7. Doors handles operational inside & out.
8. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.
9. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."
10. Radiator must have proper overflow catch tank.
11. Tires must be in good condition.
12. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood, live fan must be removed but an electric fan is OK.
13. Carburetor must have “two” return springs installed.
14. Rear seat must be installed or sheet metal covering or trunk bulkhead must be installed.
15. Convertibles must run with top up and driver MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL k98, 2000 or 2005 rating.
16. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
17. All hubcaps and trim rings must be removed.
18. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL k98, 2000 or 2005 rating.
19. Slicks are allowed as long as they are DOT approved.
20. NO PASSENGERS ARE PERMITTED!

For further information, contact Aaron Arriaga 317-965-7788

You must be registered for see images

Thank You,

Aaron Arriaga
You must be registered for see images

(317) 805-4400 office
(317) 965-SRT-8cell "

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Above mentioned event organizer wants/needs to know WHO is planning on participating.

Event is about half full...exception can be made to accomodate a few more Vipers.

CONTACT Aaron !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
UPDATE from the promoter in response to a couple of questions that I asked:

"Yes we still have slots open and the event is still on.

We will have trophies for the top 3 in all categories and 1 for over
all fastest and quickest time. A total of 31 will be handed out."