for the non believers its all too true

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this earlier in another thread but ever since I bought my viper things have been going my way.
but it didn't start out that way.

I bought my first house in July 2004.
on august 13 2004 hurricane Charlie destroyed most of my town.
I got off easy compared to many
You must be registered for see images attach

waterspout before hurricane hit if this is all piece of cake I thought

my backyard afterwards notice snapped trees everywhere

down the street afterwards

then 1 week after buying my viper this happens.
I am commuting from PT Charlotte to Naples 75 miles each way in what they call down here "season traffic" think 3 hours to go 75 miles.

I have my gf, her mother, and their 2 dogs living with me. their house was destroyed by the hurricane.

I am getting home about 11pm on a Friday evening, turn onto my street and see my gf, her mom the dogs standing outside in the pouring rain surrounded by fire trucks, ambulances and cops. there is smoke streaming out of my garage door.

as i get close I see the firemen running up to my garage door with some type ram. I freak. my brand new car is right behind that door!! we need to get in they say, then use the side door. it's locked. well I have a f*****g key!!!

I unlock the door they push me aside and won't let me in. I peak in just in time to see them getting ready to lower my attic stairs right onto my hood. we are looking for hot spots get the hell outta here.

i bust past them, manually unlock my garage door and tell them I am moving my car. get outta here now! they scream.
f you I'm moving my car and I did.

so I stand in the rain inspecting my car while my gf, mom and dogs are all crying, shivering and shaking. thank god no damage!!
oh yea what about my house.

ends up lightning hit the pole in front traveled down the lines into the house and completely destroyed my rainbird irrigation system. the explosion they heard was the transformer blowing up, the smoke was from the melted plastic.

problem was the viper was parked not even 2 1/2 feet from rainbird.
how is that possible?

what was left of the rainbird ended up across the 2 1/2 car garage on a workbench. pieces of plastic went through the Sheetrock directly above the rain bird which was right next to the viper.

well the only damage I found to the car was a small melted spot in the windshield on the passenger side. seems the rainbird must have ricochet off the windshield to the other side of the garage. if this had been the Friday before my 2003 mustang cobra would have been sitting there smashed. seems the viper was so low it got spared the brunt of it.

fast forward 1 year. I have gone through 1 house, probably 10 gfriends, 2 bikes, 2 jet skies and an ultralight but still have the viper. I don't ever see getting rid of it at least not by choice.

if all this insane stuff was happening to someone else I probably wouldn't believe it either!!
vipers are good luck.... and lots of fun.

Last edited:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was struck by lightning as a kid. It's a b*tch. Worse, it runs in my family. Almost got me again 10 years ago when it landed behind the pickup I was in with a few friends - and I mean right into the road 20 ft behind the truck.

Oddly enough, I tend to have a solid luck streak along with it so I don't knock it. I also still enjoy heavy thunder storms. Call me crazy.

Take care of that Viper if it is taking such good care of you! :guitar:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story.

Won't say I've been "struck" by lightening, but I've been shocked by it. Was working on a vehicle outdoors, barefoot, standing in a puddle of water. Some friends saw the bolt strike about 200 ft from where I was working.

They were inside and dry.

******* here was as mentioned, standing in a puddle barefoot.

It knocked the tools from my hands. Was done working for the day. It changed the way I view thunderstorms.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story.

Won't say I've been "struck" by lightening, but I've been shocked by it. Was working on a vehicle outdoors, barefoot, standing in a puddle of water. Some friends saw the bolt strike about 200 ft from where I was working.

They were inside and dry.

******* here was as mentioned, standing in a puddle barefoot.

It knocked the tools from my hands. Was done working for the day. It changed the way I view thunderstorms.

Wouldn't have happened Dave if you had been wearing those nice socks and tennies I've seen in other pics. :lmao:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess you'd say the Viper is bringing you good luck if you've been thru 'probably 10 gf's'...LOL!!!
WOW, that was a great write-up of what happened to you...VERY sorry about the damages, but all in all, nobody got hurt. AND the VIPER is your 'good-luck-charm'!!! Here's to a good 2008 for ya!~~~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only pose for a select crowd. My Marine Corps roomies weren't eligible. Or maybe I couldn't afford shoes back then.
No. Wait. It was before rubber & plastic had been invented! :lmao:

Last edited:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was on the golf course in SC about 20 years ago, and my golfing buddy decides when the clouds and thunderstorms began to build, that he would do the Lee Trevino thing and stand in the middle of the fairway with his one iron in the air and yell, "even God can't hit a one iron!" About that time a bolt of lightening hit about 100 yards away! The sound was deafening, and I could feel my body tingling with the static electricity in the air. Scared the hell out of us, and we hightailed it for the club house. Thankfully, no one the worse for wear! I really believed after that close call that "God will not be mocked"!

Glad to hear that all of you were OK! Lightening MUST be taken seriously. A house, and furniture, and cars can be replaced, but not lives.

V

Venomiss

vipers are good luck.... and lots of fun.

Well said and great story.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper