The Zone Is Back!!!!

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA_zone-web-ad.jpg

CALLING ALL MEMBERS... NJ, NY/CT, NE, PA, MD, VA, CAN.

Yes that's right, the North East Zone Rendezvous is back by popular demand. The Presidents and ZD's have been discussing this for a few months now and we are excited to announce it will be happening this Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2008.

Pocono Celebration of Speed and Design (CSD) is a Grand event that encompasses such marques as Ferrari, Lambourghini, Corvette, DeTomaso, Pantera and Viper. With over 180 cars showing up for this event over a 3 day period, it has become one of the North Easts Premier Exotic Car event. Held in the pristine mountain setting of the Pocono Mountains sits the Pocono Manor. With amenities such as an 18 hole Championship Golf Course, Shooting Range, Tennis and Spa.

If you have a large family, you can stay at the Great Wolf Lodge, just minutes away. This lodge has an indoor water park suited for families with children. We will have a block of family suites available.

The weekend activities include:
SATURDAY: AutoX course. Or if you prefer a leisurly drive, we have a scenic cruise planned through the Pocono Mountains. Followed by a Wine & Cheese Party, then a BBQ Dinner and Trophy presentation.

SUNDAY: World Class Concourse on the main lawn of the Inn. Followed by a Cocktail Hour, Banquet Dinner and Awards.

MONDAY: Track day on the Pocono Raceway. A 2.5 mile course will sure to test your skills.

This will fill up fast. So send your registrations in early!!!

For registration forms for CSD go to www.pocono-csd.org
For Viper Registration go to NJ Viper Club or call your region president for the forms.

For more information contact: Bob Cerchione / NJ VCA President at [email protected] or
Tom Roeller / NJ VCA Vice President at [email protected]

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just made my reservation at the Pocono Manor and sent in my check to CSD.
This will be great event !

I will work hard to get as many canadians as possible to Pocono :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bobby, Tom, et al:

I wish you well, and I have a question, since you say the presidents and ZDs have been discussing for months...

How does this 'fit' within a VOI-year? In the past, Zone Rondevous were meant to fill the NEED in Non-VOI years, specifically. In fact, the VCA Treasury was (is?) set up .budgeted to fund ZRs only in NON VOI years, due to the expenses involved. A generous 5-figure stipend as I recall?!

And I suspect that members needing TWO vacations for NE-ZR + VOI-10 just 90+ days later might choose to skip one.....

I want you to have a GREAT event.......but is VCA able to give NE the FUNDS as well as host a VOI ??

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, Tom, et al:

I wish you well, and I have a question, since you say the presidents and ZDs have been discussing for months...

How does this 'fit' within a VOI-year? In the past, Zone Rondevous were meant to fill the NEED in Non-VOI years, specifically. In fact, the VCA Treasury was (is?) set up .budgeted to fund ZRs only in NON VOI years, due to the expenses involved. A generous 5-figure stipend as I recall?!

And I suspect that members needing TWO vacations for NE-ZR + VOI-10 just 90+ days later might choose to skip one.....

I want you to have a GREAT event.......but is VCA able to give NE the FUNDS as well as host a VOI ??

Technically, I would say that this isn't a true ZR since it is not Viper exclusive even if there is VCA funding. Celebration of Speed is an annual track event and it seems like the Northeast is piggybacking on it but that is just my two cents. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are exactly right. We are piggybacking on an existing event since this is not funded by National, nor do they have anything to do with it. It developed because of the interest of many members. We just used the name for a lack of a better. Because it is earlier in the year, we feel the attendance will be high.

Pocono CSD is an established event that pays for itself and funded by the various marques. The NJ club has been a part of CSD for many years now, and proudly can say have made Viper a permanent marque alongside the other car makers. This is a pay as you go event with an ala-cart menu of activities. Hope this answers your question.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are exactly right. We are piggybacking on an existing event since this is not funded by National, nor do they have anything to do with it. It developed because of the interest of many members. We just used the name for a lack of a better. Because it is earlier in the year, we feel the attendance will be high.

Pocono CSD is an established event that pays for itself and funded by the various marques. The NJ club has been a part of CSD for many years now, and proudly can say have made Viper a permanent marque alongside the other car makers. This is a pay as you go event with an ala-cart menu of activities. Hope this answers your question.

At Pocono, you will not have a problem. People will sign up just for the track alone.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, Tom, et al:

SKIP ONE OF THE EVENTS ?! :omg: I never missed an event in my club since 4 years ! :)

I think the VCA is about organizing outstanding events to get together people around the Viper. VCA will only get stronger by organizing several large scale events per year. A real Viper man will never skip an event. And those who skip one have always a good reason to skip it.

Unfortunately the National VCA is abount managing finances, collecting membership dues, balances incomes, negociating insurance rates, INSTEAD of getting people together. In addition we are focusing too much on the number of participants. The quality of an event counts more than the number of participants. I hope that organizers of VOI 10 will focus on quality and not on the number of pariticipants. I am ready to pay $2000 to participate in VOI 10 if the quality is there.

We called this Pocono event "Zone rendez vous". We could have called it anything else. I think it is important that regional clubs work together and organize nice rides for their members. Last year we had 3 large scale Viper events in my area. We had between 20 and 60 Vipers at each of them.

What is important is to fix the number of participants required for each event to balance the budget. Then you work on the promotion to have those guys attend your event.

VOI 10 and Pocono will both be successfull ! :smirk:

Last edited:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Andras Kovas Is going I'm in. NJ Club always puts on a great event. Sent Check and made room reservations, car is gas up and ready to go 150MPH. PLEASE NOTE TO EVERYONE ATTENDING, EVERYBODY NEEDS A SA2005 Snell approved helmet. No helmet no drive. Please do some car maintaince before attending.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, we will help you to shine your rocket so you can win the design contest :)

I just got 3 other guys signed up from our region. So far we are 4 guys from Quebec !

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andras, You can help shine up my car after I beat you in autocross. NJ club has a few good autocrossers, tough to beat. It will be a great time.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, they want let me sign up their afraid of my SKILLS. Adrian

Confirm So Far From NY:
Andrew2K
Steve Katz
Tom Hayden

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Steve, they want let me sign up their afraid of my SKILLS. Adrian

Confirm So Far From NY:
Andrew2K
Steve Katz
Tom Hayden

Adrian,
After careful review of your skills from our recent carting event, I will pay your registration fee for NY. I think it might be a good investment on getting the cup back to NJ:lmao::lmao:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT CLUB MEMBERS.... THIS IS OUR ANNUAL... NJ vs NY/CT VENOM CUP ...

NY/CT SIGN UP SO WE CAN KEEP THE VENOM CUP FOR 3RD YEAR IN A ROW :lmao:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Steve, looks like me and you to hold down the NY claim. Tom will show up the last minute as the dust settles from the NJ guys going off track.

AC

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the Pocono website it says "No convertibles w/o rollbar.". I assume that means that any stock SRT-10 cannot run on the track. Is that correct? I have an 04 SRT-10 and if I can't do the track events, then I probably will not go.:(

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, can we get SRT's with hard tops on the track?

NY guys come on we need you for the Venom Cup............It goes to NJ if we do not have enough guys to run against them. Signnnnnnnnn uppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeee

Andrew ,a few of the Jersey guys have begun all sorts of mods on there cars for this event I don't think its going to be the same walk in the park this year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave