DC Performance High Performance Air Filter for 2008 Vipers . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin posted in the performance upgrades section that DC Performance now has high flow/performance air filters for the 2008 Vipers. Can Dan or anyone else with info on these filters chime in regarding cost and performance gains?

Also, is anyone developing a cold air intake system for the 2008s like K&N had available for the 2003-2006 Vipers? I will be installing my Belanger header and exhaust system in the next few weeks and was hoping to do a filter/intake mod as well.

Thanks.

/Rich

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The information that has been bantered about is that there is a check engine light even with the change in just the air filter. However, I haven't seen the results from the DC Air Filter for the 08"s. Also, the Belanger headers are the only headers for the 08's that won't throw a check engine light.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin posted in the performance upgrades section that DC Performance now has high flow/performance air filters for the 2008 Vipers. Can Dan or anyone else with info on these filters chime in regarding cost and performance gains?

Also, is anyone developing a cold air intake system for the 2008s like K&N had available for the 2003-2006 Vipers? I will be installing my Belanger header and exhaust system in the next few weeks and was hoping to do a filter/intake mod as well.

Thanks.

/Rich

Give Lou Belanger a call about this. He has a lot of details about the filter upgrade and any implications it may have for the '08.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to know if the old K&N whole intake system would fit on an 08. Also a corsa exhaust? There is a chance that these would fit as they're both in the same place, its the same engine just beefed up a bit.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would like to know if the old K&N whole intake system would fit on an 08. Also a corsa exhaust? There is a chance that these would fit as they're both in the same place, its the same engine just beefed up a bit.

Dude - you are totally clueless. First - the '03 - '06 use a single throttle body vs. the two on the '08 so there is NO chance the old system would work. Second the '08 is a totally different engine than the '03 - 06 - Beefed up - Yes - but it has very little in common.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, I'm not clueless, also its pretty rude to just throw out an insult like that to somebody for no reason, so I hope you like one in return, LOSER.

I ASKED A QUESTION, "I would like to know if the old system would fit" ... I also ASKED about the corsa exhaust. I didnt say it would fit.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
First, I'm not clueless, also its pretty rude to just throw out an insult like that to somebody for no reason, so I hope you like one in return, LOSER.

I ASKED A QUESTION, "I would like to know if the old system would fit" ... I also ASKED about the corsa exhaust. I didnt say it would fit.

You're right, I did come down on you a little hard, but it was not exactly how I read your original post when you made the statement "There is a chance that these would fit as they're both in the same place, its the same engine just beefed up a bit. "

But I guess your right ..... they are the same engine ...... with the exception of different throttle bodies, different intake, different heads, different cam, different pistons, different oiling system, different exhaust manifolds, and different computer systems just for starters.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A new complete air intake system will require a calibration change. We tested a car with no air filter and it went into "limp in" mode and would barely run.

The best thing to do is to simply change to a high flow air filter (we have them) and find ways to direct more airflow into the airbox (Mopar has something in the works).

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new complete air intake system will require a calibration change. We tested a car with no air filter and it went into "limp in" mode and would barely run.

The best thing to do is to simply change to a high flow air filter (we have them) and find ways to direct more airflow into the airbox (Mopar has something in the works).

Like what, Dan?

Flash

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The information that has been bantered about is that there is a check engine light even with the change in just the air filter. However, I haven't seen the results from the DC Air Filter for the 08"s. Also, the Belanger headers are the only headers for the 08's that won't throw a check engine light.
Correct, and a recent post from a respectable service manager on here states that DC did a lot of testing on the gen 4 filters and found NO gain and the best filter is simply the OEM.