Dan Lesser RE10ECC's

G

grcforce327

They're in hand Dan!They are even available in a viper 10 pack!:lmao:Fudged the title...RC10ECC's!

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM to let me know how many you have available or where you have found them... I'd like some in stock for the summer. I havent looked for them in a while, gave up on being ****** around with companies taking orders for plugs they didnt even have.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the difference between these and Champions direct replacement for the RC10ECC?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are better.

Mike, how?

According the Champion they are both just "regular class" copper plugs. Nothing lore than an 85 cent plug.

Damn Champion trying to screw us dealers again? If so I would like to know how?????

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, how?

According the Champion they are both just "regular class" copper plugs. Nothing lore than an 85 cent plug.

Damn Champion trying to screw us dealers again? If so I would like to know how?????

What is the number of the plug you are comparing it to? That would help.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the number of the plug you are comparing it to? That would help.

It is not what I am comparing it to, it is what Champion says is "the direct replacement" for it.

RC12ECC
Stock Number 438

Just your plain old copper plug, as is the RE10ECC is. Nothing special about either according to Champion.

Could this be a job for Myth Busters? :rolaugh:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is not what I am comparing it to, it is what Champion says is "the direct replacement" for it.

RC12ECC
Stock Number 438

Just your plain old copper plug, as is the RE10ECC is. Nothing special about either according to Champion.

Could this be a job for Myth Busters? :rolaugh:

Direct replacement means "usable"...but not identical, nor a good idea in some applications. The big reason the RC10ECC is "better" is that it is a colder range, allowing for modified cars to utilize them, but it is still the long-reach style plug which is so difficult to find from other manufacturers, and happens to be a trait that Viper engines LOVE. long-reach range plugs are GREAT for street apps as well because they reach self-cleaning temp much faster than a shrouded plug, helping to prevent fouling- when you have the ability to combine that with a cold plug (contradictory in most cases) you have a winner of a plug. You can run these plugs in a blower car no problem, while at the same time not inducing power loss and fouling that comes along with other plugs, as well as some nitrous cars that run them and have a 100% perfect daily driver off-juice.

The RC12ECC is the STOCK plug for a Gen-3 SRT-10, and is double-copper. The RC10ECC Plug is identical in build and dimensions, but two heat ranges colder. The RC12LYC (gen-2) is a single copper, detonation prone, inferior version (IMHO) of the RC12ECC, but is also physically identical to the other two. Both 12 heat range plugs are easy to get and dirt cheap. The 10 heat range plugs are application specific, much lower production, much harder to find, and much more expensive to buy as a result. The 10 range is not available in the LYC version.

Does that answer your question....?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RC12ECC is the STOCK plug for a Gen-3 SRT-10, and is double-copper. The RC10ECC Plug is identical in build and dimensions, but two heat ranges colder. The RC12LYC (gen-2) is a single copper, detonation prone, inferior version (IMHO) of the RC12ECC, but is also physically identical to the other two.

This has probably been answered before, but while it is hot...

Is the Gen 3 plug - RC12ECC - an upgrade for a stock compression N/A Gen 2 engine?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is this a good price for them? Seems many marine shops carry these in stock. Marine Express USA Boat Parts, Engine Parts, Boat Accessories Part # 24-RC10ECC - P#918 SPARK - CHAMPION SPARK PLUGS, Engine Parts & Accessories, 24-RC10ECC Are these worthwhile on stock GenII? Thanks. - Tony

Before you order ANYTHING, call and make sure they have them IN HAND. Many of those stores cross-stock items, only to find out later that they were never actually in the system anywhere, after sitting on your money for weeks or more. Take it from me on that one...

For a stock car, you will neither gain nor lose anything with these plugs.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chuck Tator told me just last week to use those though?

Dont get me wrong, they sure wont hurt anything by using them if the car is close to stock. They are what the car came with stock, technically. Chuck is certainly not wrong by any means, there just happens to be a better option available, as is the case with.... well, just about everything, haha.

However, the fact remains that another plug made by Champion, the RC12ECC, is identical in build and dimensions, while having the "upgraded" copper-cored electrode, which will always outperform a standard steel electrode both in current handling, and the more importantly, heat dissipation.

We abandoned the LYC because in my opinion, the extra safety margin from detonation is well worth the virtually negligible cost difference bewteen the two plug types, and the added bonus of only having to stock one type versus two.