excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to LOVE that color! Definitely a head turner. I was sitting at a light today and the guy in front of me leans half-way out the drivers window of his mini-van and yells "I love your car!" I'm still not sure if he was on his knees in the drivers seat to accomplish this but it was funny!

Great story! I really think I'll love the color. I've never seen it in person but I haven't seen any negative feedback from those who have seen/own it. My wife is really scared! :omg:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Venom Red Vert in I status for 31 days. Called Chrysler customer care and they started a file, that was on a Friday. The following Monday it moved to KZ and I got the car that Thursday (1 week ago). Maybe a phone call would help ;)

Thanks for the tip. Called customer care, still in I. They opened a file. Said the car was waiting on some "approval" for goodness sakes, ship the darn thing, I approve it!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm 150 miles from you so maybe they'll ship ours together...tho that would make to much sense

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard a rumor that some purple cars are in D1 status, not mine, of course. but maybe if any of you fine folks go to CAAP soon, perhaps you can get some pics and post them.:D

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many '08's have actually been delivered. Impossible to tell from our website, but it seems like most everyone is still waiting!

I heard that the assembly line is now on hold for parts. I hope that's resolved quickly.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many '08's have actually been delivered. Impossible to tell from our website, but it seems like most everyone is still waiting!

I heard that the assembly line is now on hold for parts. I hope that's resolved quickly.

I was wondering the same thing.......thats partially why I started this thread....we could almost organize a count on here for people who are still waiting for thier cars.

Mopar_4_u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, the ACRs are starting to move......thats really cool. keep us updated here as to the progress being made.

Hi there, infrequent poster but very, very frequent reader. You folks are my "inside scoop" for all things Viper as corporate is, well, corporate. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this but I was informed by my Regional Manager (I'm not sure how informed they are) that ACR's have a "Job 1" of August! I'd believe that if it's an '09 model but if that is for 08's I'm baffled. D1 is fine and all but it can linger there forever and I know that the normal channels for tracking are pretty much thrown out the window on these cars. Our first 08 here (Venom Red, Black Stripes, gorgeous combo) (Ordrered in May 07, "I" status first week of November and went "KZ" end of Feb.)sat in KZ for about 2-3 weeks and then we got a call from the trucking co. one day that he'd be here in about 4 hours! No other shipping updates were ever provided. If there is a "guru" out there that has some more info on the ACR's I (and I'm sure my customer) would greatly appreciate it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just got word from Roanoke and Tator that my D1 status is starting down the line NOW.

Now that's the right kind of news for a Monday! :headbang:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing news of a re-flash being performed on cars for the cam programming. Maybe thats why many sit in "I" status... :dunno:

MKTAXMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could some one be so kind as to tell me what the customer care number is. My car has been in "I" status for 3 weeks and I am starting to loose my patience.

Thanks

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taxman, i've also been in I status for 3 weeks..HOWEVER , woodhouse says that at least 4 weeks is NORMAL........WAIT hold the press... just after typing this my dealer called and said i moved to J status...now why would i go to J status if i have no stripes ordered...

Last edited:

MKTAXMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wallbanger,

I got to tell you, something just does not add up. I definitely think that the hold up is due the computer issues that they are having of which they have no fix as of yet. I am feeling very nervous that I will not see this car in the near future !

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay i think you are fine ... remember it is normal to be in I status for at least 4 weeks... one of the other members who had the reported problem of loosing power with his car informed me that the problem had to do with a small number of cams having an issue(initial problem caused my cam supplier) so dodge is reflashing those cars(12 out of 522)to accept the different cam...
Also woodhouse is saying that vipers are still being delivered

Now i have no stripes or aero package ordered and i went to J status today(i was only in I status for only 21 days)... My dealer said that is normal to pass final inspection before shipping... i had thought that the vipers just went from I to KZ status if they had no stripes ordered... maybe woodhouse could comment

Okay all cars do go to J status... next step is KZ .. just depends on when a truck is headed in my direction...hopefully i should have my viper red before the end of the month

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Original viper red went to KZ status... funny thing is i'm going out of town for 2 weeks on Monday so it will be sitting in the showroom for a while - lol

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Original viper red went to KZ status... funny thing is i'm going out of town for 2 weeks on Monday so it will be sitting in the showroom for a while - lol

Now is not the time for patience! Sorry you have to leave the baby in the showroom until you get back. Of course, you could always cancel your trip!:D

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Status "I", for a month now. About at a year wait for the car, ordered hour 1, day 1. Details in sig, but got the dash inserts, only think I can think of holding this !#$%^!# thing up. I'm so darn frustrated.

I have the SSR wheels and the Belanger complete exhaust taking up space waiting for this d*mn thing!!!

what status are you in now?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a good one. Mine has an "issue" with a body panel, so it's been on hold awaiting a new part. No clue what the issue is, which panel, or why they have to wait on a part (no offense, but as a 200 VIN car, they should be pulling a part from some other car, and make them wait on it).

Friggin ridiculous. I might just forget this whole thing. I'll end up getting a Dec 07 built car in friggin August.

Still in stooopid I status, this is the second car in a row, my 03 was built in Oct, delivered in Jan... UGH

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a good one. Mine has an "issue" with a body panel, so it's been on hold awaiting a new part. No clue what the issue is, which panel, or why they have to wait on a part (no offense, but as a 200 VIN car, they should be pulling a part from some other car, and make them wait on it).

Friggin ridiculous. I might just forget this whole thing. I'll end up getting a Dec 07 built car in friggin August.

Still in stooopid I status, this is the second car in a row, my 03 was built in Oct, delivered in Jan... UGH

wow.....yeah....i would think that they should do whatever they can to start getting these cars out...especially a car as yours that has been waiting around for a long time....problem is...if it is a body panel.....how many green panels are laying around?? how many green cars are still out there?? they probaly have to order from the supplier. maybe....i dont know, but it sounds possible. good luck any way.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update.... driver called the dealership from michigan to say he was on the way to the dealership...driver said that my car was his only stop... car will be here tomorrow before 6 and ready for delivery friday at 4pm

Friday is my 15th wedding anniversary.. My wife doesn't know it but she is getting a new tahoe hybrid from the same dealership(they sell both chrysler/chevrolet) when we pick up the viper on friday

Last edited:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SSG Roadster went into D Status on Feb 1 and still there, Do not know if Canadian Cars are different in the build status, Was told at the 1st of Feb, would be built in March, Still no build date, do have a Vin though.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SSG Roadster went into D Status on Feb 1 and still there, Do not know if Canadian Cars are different in the build status, Was told at the 1st of Feb, would be built in March, Still no build date, do have a Vin though.

Jeez, every time I think the last of the SSG have rolled down the line, another one pops up! Would love to know the production number on those.