SRT maintenance questions

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer told me that at 35000Km (20,000 miles) I need to have the throttle bottle cable serviced....there is no mention of it in the owners manual. I recall on my gen 1 &2 this had to be done because they were duel and out of sync.
So is this service necessary on my 03 srt?

Also, the manual calls for a transmission fluid change at the same mileage but says nothing about the filter. Do I just need to change the fluid, or the filter as well?

Thanks

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call up Chuck!!! Chuck Tator of course: 1-914-763-3136!!! He can answer all your questions! ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer told me that at 35000Km (20,000 miles) I need to have the throttle bottle cable serviced....there is no mention of it in the owners manual. I recall on my gen 1 &2 this had to be done because they were duel and out of sync.
So is this service necessary on my 03 srt?

Also, the manual calls for a transmission fluid change at the same mileage but says nothing about the filter. Do I just need to change the fluid, or the filter as well?

Thanks

I think you might mean throttle BODY cable.

And I doubt your transmission has a filter.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I would think he meant throttle body and the T-56 does not have a trans filter.

It's drain and refill.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is quite simple to see if the throttle cable is adjusted right. As long as the throttle body plate closes fully and there is a little free play in the cable you are all set. as far as your tranny having a filter, i think not. Sounds like your dealer is taking you for a ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950