Horrible experience trying to buy Corsa exhaust...be warned!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lesson. I cannot even begin to put a price tag on the frustration and the time wasted when dealing with fools like that. PartsRack is worth it every time. It's the way business is going here in Amerika........pay the people who do the majority of the work nothing while the CEOs and upper management get their bonuses, stock perks, etc. and the customer gets a red hot branding iron up their poop hole.

Reaction score
Wow, you have a lot of patience my man.
I would have told them to F-OFF way early in the conversation.
Furthermore, if they don't take American Express, I don't order from them unless they are highly recommended from someone else I know, like on this forum.

OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, you have a lot of patience my man.
I would have told them to F-OFF way early in the conversation.
Furthermore, if they don't take American Express, I don't order from them unless they are highly recommended from someone else I know, like on this forum.

They do take Amex. About the time when the guy told me that I had to send a money order, I already knew I wasn't going to buy through them...but I thought it would be a great blog post and would steer at least some people away from them after reading...so I kept it going.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story is super long, but I posted about it on my blog here...if you have time, give it a read...and whatever you do, don't buy from AutopartsWarehouse.com or any of their affiliated sites (Inner Auto, Car *****, etc):

The Absolute Worst Online Shopping Experience I’ve Ever Had | David Pitlyuk

Props to John from PartsRack, which I'll be buying from today.

GotA350ZTT, Thanks for the info on purchasing experience. That stuff is always helpful for the rest of us. My only comment would be that the post is a little misleading in that it looks like it is a "Corsa" issue, when in reality it is an "Autopartswholesale.com" issue. I've had 2 experiences with them as well and I will never go back.

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that *****; I read your whole blog...I'm glad to hear you eventually got the exhaust you wanted.. I'm considering Corsa as well or possibly Bellanger or Borla.

I recently ordered a CD/MP3 Receiver off of: Onlinecarstereo.Com - Wholesale Car Audio/Stereo Deals At Bargain Prices

They're service is great in the sense they shipped me my item very quickly. However I also ordered a CD Changer which said was IN STOCK on the website, but after my order was placed I got an email saying the item was back-ordered. I tried calling them for 9 days straight and no one picked up their support line. I was afraid they would charge my credit card eventually for the back-ordered item since I refused to wait all this time and took my business elsewhere for the CD Changer considering no one would ever pick up the phone for me. I sent an email to all four customer support emails they supplied on the website and left voicemails on their phone systems. After the 9th day I finally got a response from someone when I called who canceled my order for me; she sounded miserable too like she hated her job- wasn't a very nice lady! I also got 2 email responses and a phone call back two weeks after my original call.

In other words even though onlinecarstereo.com has great prices I would highly recommend going to Techronics.com - Online Electronics Store - for anything audio related. That is where I bought pretty much everything else for my Viper. Not only do they ship fast but have great customer support! :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Short version: THANKS for your business, we DO have the correct system in stock, and the cats, and all will ship tomorrow latest, maybe even today. 2-3 day delivery. A Sincere THANKS, even tho we seemed ( on the FACE of things) a bit higher......

Since Dave was so generous and forthcoming, and objective in his review, I will add a blog and a confession of sorts:

I admit that I DO keep track of time-wasters. There are approx 15 callers in my file of "Goose Chasers" that have 'consulted' with me on things several times, and NEVER purchase anything. They just sponge my shared knowledge to help them become an informed web buyer, (supposedly cheaper) on the web. Unlike PartsRack, mnay of those website bottom-feeder businesses have NO good info, NO answers, and usually NO stock or just OLD stock. {For example, if you buy a Corsa Track from PartsRack, you will receive the newest-latest-best-nicest of FOUR REVISIONS since (PartsRack) sold Corsa's first system. NOT the old stock 1-2-3 that had revised bracketry and hotter tips. PartsRack gets you the NEWEST and BEST at a fair, competitive price. FAST. And a CAT Option. }

Now, the confession: David was on the verge of my 'goose' file! As a Nissan tuner hiz-self, he has access to some good info. Past calls made me doubt that he would buy, and I suspected he was picking my brain once again. I did TELL him that 'cause I dont know any better than to speak my mind! It DOES come across in my tone, a fault I admit and cannot seem to grow past. Too old I guess. Sorry David.

I may have had HIM figured wrong, but he had ME spot on with his analysis.....I DO use the 80-20 rule in my business, it worked for me in my past career(s) too. End result: Lots of folks now know more of the TRUTH about bottom-feeding websites that know NOTHING about Vipers....and some truth about PartsRack as well. If you are a CUSTOMER I sincerely appreciate and need your business.

Dave6666: CPA Doris says we spent/donated over $24,000 in VCA ads and merchandise support in 2007, hoping to EARN your calls and business. (Thanks Dave) And I truly work as hard as possible to keep CUSTOMERS happy. (If not warm and fuzzzy!) Fact is: Vipers are my PASSION and I want to share it with as many owners as possible. I LOVE TALKING VIPERS...but I have only this job to live on, so I need occasional orders, please, to go with our passion!

If you are a multiple "time waster" as David stated, we are considering a PartsRack Academy Tuition-based program for you at $100/hour for consultations only. All tuition goes to your purchases here of course. Students accepted Tues-Friday only!

Thanks David and others for your feedback.....I'd try to be less curmudgeonly, but then I'D be a time-waster!

Confidential PS to David Only: CORSA just informed me they have read your blog.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Short version: THANKS for your business, we DO have the correct system in stock, and the cats, and all will ship tomorrow latest, maybe even today. 2-3 day delivery. A Sincere THANKS, even tho we seemed ( on the FACE of things) a bit higher......

Excellent, I appreciate all of the help! E-mail me a tracking #(s) when you get them if you get a chance :)

I admit that I DO keep track of time-wasters. There are approx 15 callers in my file of "Goose Chasers" that have 'consulted' with me on things several times, and NEVER purchase anything. They just sponge my shared knowledge to help them become an informed web buyer, (supposedly cheaper) on the web. Unlike PartsRack, mnay of those website bottom-feeder businesses have NO good info, NO answers, and usually NO stock or just OLD stock. {For example, if you buy a Corsa Track from PartsRack, you will receive the newest-latest-best-nicest of FOUR REVISIONS since (PartsRack) sold Corsa's first system. NOT the old stock 1-2-3 that had revised bracketry and hotter tips. PartsRack gets you the NEWEST and BEST at a fair, competitive price. FAST. And a CAT Option. }

Now, the confession: David was on the verge of my 'goose' file! As a Nissan tuner hiz-self, he has access to some good info. Past calls made me doubt that he would buy, and I suspected he was picking my brain once again. I did TELL him that 'cause I dont know any better than to speak my mind! It DOES come across in my tone, a fault I admit and cannot seem to grow past. Too old I guess. Sorry David.

I may have had HIM figured wrong, but he had ME spot on with his analysis.....I DO use the 80-20 rule in my business, it worked for me in my past career(s) too. End result: Lots of folks now know more of the TRUTH about bottom-feeding websites that know NOTHING about Vipers....and some truth about PartsRack as well. If you are a CUSTOMER I sincerely appreciate and need your business.

I understand, but there are definitely times when that's incorrect...but then it all goes back to the 80-20 rule, and how much you want to spend with a customer before they are even potentially ready to buy. I for one am a very on the whim type of buyer. I like asking questions, and convincing myself to buy stuff. So when I called about the wheels, I was simply asking questions to help possibly convince myself to buy wheels, know what I can (who better to ask then the one that sells the products and makes money on them), and see what my actual price will cost...as many times the website price is different. For you are a salesperson in the eyes of a potential customer.

It's the same behind our recent conversation yesterday...while I was shopping for an exhaust (that I could have very easily convinced myself not to buy, but I just happened to buy...wasn't trying to waste your time at all, but rather getting info and price), I asked you about some wheel options. I know that I will eventually want to change my tires, but I am also considering getting wheels/tires rather than just tires. I wanted to know my options while I had you on the phone. So from my perspective, I'm a prospective buyer...I may not buy today, I may not buy tomorrow...I may not even buy at all...but I may buy some products at one point, and I make recommend others who will buy products to you if you helped me out and I was impressed with the service and knowledge. From your perspective, it may not be the way you take your customers (you may rather market to the no hassle crowd), and while some may complain and even publicly post on the forums about their dissatisfaction (I know at least one person that has...but could have easily also purchased from you aside from the way he felt like he was treated), you just need to realize it comes with the territory of running your business that way. You can only simply back up your reasoning behind the way you do things, and continue as is. There is nothing wrong with it, but I would go as far as saying that it's not typical, and many aren't used to it...so there will obviously be some negativity from some...and huge praise from others which whom you've decided is worth your time. The 80-20 rule is a very powerful thing if done correctly. Just my 2 cents.

Confidential PS to David Only: CORSA just informed me they have read your blog.

That's great news, and I hope they stop them from being a distributor. I don't even want to see their store come up as an option if I or anybody else was price shopping.

Thanks again John, I can't wait to get the exhaust installed.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeg's did that to me about 2yrs ago when I ordered a Gen2 Borla catback..haven't ordered from them since. Summit gets all my business now.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe you continued to talk to them after the first 2 minutes. Buy on credit card, and contest if they are crooks.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a bad experiance with this company about 1yr ago when I purchased a pair of borla exhaust tips from them and found out the inlet diameter was incorrect for my application. I called back within 15 min. of placing the order only to be informed "Once the order is processed it CANNOT be cancelled" WTH!!!!
I tried to explain I don't want the exhaust tips they will not fit my car. I was told once I receive the items I can call in for a return authorization form, have it mailed to me, fill it out and submit it back with the parts for a credit minus any restocking fees. I asked to speak to a supervisor who could possibly assist me and cancel my order but still NOT possible! What a bunch of B.S. and wasted time for BOTH parties. I wouldnt purchase a spark plug from theses clowns! :evilmad:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EIAS = Everything Is A Scam!! I go thru this kind of crap weekly and I know how you feel but glad Jon took care of you....