Rotors - Decision Guide

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be getting time to replace my rotors so I would like to see what the opinion of the group is.

Here are the requirements for a Gen II 2002 GTS:
- 2 piece
- Crossdrilled and possibly sloted. (Poser modification so cracking is not an issue)
- Directional vanes separating the inner and outer disc for airflow.
- Zinc plated would be nice, keeps the exposed parts clean and shiny.
- Set of four.

The choices:

Stoptech ~$2000
Online Shopping
StopTech : High Performance Cross Drilled or Slotted Rotors
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/108.jpg

BAER $1200
PartsRack has 2pc Baer Eradispeed rotors IN STOCK for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Vipers, and SRT10s soon. They are a GREAT street and casual performance rotor, not severe duty. Great appearance, great value, high BLING and nicely under $1200/set of 4.
Baer Brake Systems -- Products: EradiSpeed Line -- Performance you can See!

13" Roe Racing Brake Rotor Set of 4, Slotted $1200 but they do not seem to have crossdrilled
13" Roe Racing Brake Rotor Set of 4 - Slotted - 92-02 - Wheels & Brakes - Roe Racing

Is there anything I am missing?

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the EBC slotted and dimpled from Jon and they do a great job of function and posing.

Not sure if you're a GEN 1 or 2, but you should also consider the Dave's kit and SRT upgrade also.

OP
OP
I

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, the reason I am so honest is because I read all the previous messages on the subject and I could well remember your comments on how crappy drilled are for the track.

PS: For those that asked this is for a Gen II GTS Final Edition.
PS2: These sources have two-piece rotors for the rear of a GenII ? Most likely since they sell the 4 rotor package.

OP
OP
I

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I would love those, but they only make the EuroTeck for the SRT. No plans for a Gen II version. It was a previous thread.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These sources have two-piece rotors for the rear of a GenII ? Most likely since they sell the 4 rotor package.
Running the online search on the baer site says no two-piece "Eradispeed" rotor for GenII. Jon B can you clarify this?

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got finished installing a set of EBC rotors and EBC Redstuff pads today. No driving time on them yet, but they seem to be quality pieces. The rotors and dimpled and slotted. Not much bling as they are black, but they are nice and the price was right until I decide which brake upgrade package I will be doing.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running the online search on the baer site says no two-piece "Eradispeed" rotor for GenII. Jon B can you clarify this?

I have a set of "OEM replacement" Eradispeeds on my 01. I know they make them for gen 2. I believe the front is 13 in. and the back is 12.5 in. I will look for a photo...

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LDesRoche,

any pics of the rotors? I thought about these for my chrome 17" wheels but fear the black look will be bad!

any pics?

Robert

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the EBC slotted and dimpled from Jon and they do a great job of function and posing.

Not sure if you're a GEN 1 or 2, but you should also consider the Dave's kit and SRT upgrade also.
I have these too. Work very well and looks good. :2tu:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The EBC black plating quickly wears off where the pads make contact and it looks like any other shiney rotor. The plating does provide some rust protection on the other surfaces. I think they are one of the better values in a slotted and dimpled rotor.

Not the best picture, but these are the 'black' EBCs on my car after they have been broken in.

Flatbed2.jpg