Motortrend 98 RT/10 Video Review

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Check out the 98 RT/10 with the smoothie hood, gold sparkle rims, and the cognac interior pre 99 also with out the matching cognac door panels and knee bolster and console.

What do you guys think

OP
OP
S

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the registry they mention 3 97's but the one in the video has no fog lense covers on the front fascia and is suppose to be a 98

Anyone know whats up with that viper in the video

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very unique color combo. Really attracts the attention for the product but not necessarily the best choice. I loved the video overall though. Brings back memories!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that was one of the Gold edition RT/10's? I have seen a few of the Gold edition GTS, but that is the first RT/10, didn't realize it had the smoothie hood.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super ugly wheels but great vid. That announcer used to do a lot of performance reports on cars. He did a great one too on both J. Hennesseys Venom series and Roy Terpstras Serpents when he had TNT motorsports.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the 97 RT/10s came with smoothie hoods and one 98 came out of CAAP with a smoothie, but I don't think that is it. I wounder if Dodge just threw together a car for the guy to review?

Last edited:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why did he say that Chrysler only built Coupes in 97', and why is he calling all these updates new for 98'? Those changes were made in 97'.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you believe 10 years have gone by that fast??? Now 600hp? We could only dream in 98.

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. My mother and I were talking and she says, I can not believe you had your car for five years! Then I thought, I can not believe this thing is 7 years old already. Boy how time flies.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That episode of Motor Trend was around the same time as the Speed Freaks edition with the Red Viper vs 427 Shelby among others. I remember that episode. I recorded it on VHS and had to play it with my surround sound system back in '97/'98. If somebody can clear this up with me, the Red Vipers in '98 were only available with black interior and no red accents. Is this true or false?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I screwed up a couple of years ago when I saw a red GTS with those wheels...I was traveling with my GTS and met this guy at a gas station in Utah. I thought I knew a lot about the history of these cars since I have been involved with them since the beginning and had one of the first 200 RT/10s. I told him I did not think the wheels were stock...WRONG. I wish I could apologize to the guy for my ignorance but live and learn... and I agree they are different.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave