Side splitters installed (pics)

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got these of Bonkers about a year ago. I finally had them painted and installed. Question now is whether to install the front splitter or not. I'm leaning against it. I like the subtle look of these side splitters. Plus the front fascia isn't as easy to mount to as the side sills.

2008april7.JPG

2008april6.JPG

2008april8.JPG

2008april9.JPG

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your car and color combo, not so much those side thingies. I think it makes the side exhaust "bulge" look awkward. One of the best things about the GEN2 and what keeps it contemporary looking is that is has virtually no straight lines in the design - curves age much better. You just added a harsh straight line.

But hey, whatever floats your boat! As long as YOU like it, that's all that matters (unless you're trying to score - hehe).

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To make the car look right with them you need to get the front splitter as well, without it they just don't belong.

On a side note, if you know how to photoshop I have a feeling if you put the front on and paint both front and sides same color as your stripes the car may really look good. Not sure about the paint, thats why some photoshop work is recommended.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think Bonkers got those from/thru Partsrack (Inexpensive at $379/set!)

They cause air to spill out and away from wheelwells, minimizing drag, while also minimizing lift.
Rear wings usually need an aero balance in front, but these ORECA-style side-splitters can be stand alone. They also diminish rock chips and help keep people from kicking/denting the sill covers

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, i always thought those looked like crap, but now i see they look great when painted to match the car. good job!

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine with the front splitter on as well. They do save the sills from getting rock chips and sandblasted from the track. I like the silver to match on yours. Mine is powdercoated black with a polished edge.

DSCN0697.jpg

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great and I have the same ones also painted in silver with side exit exhaust and NO problems what so ever, even with track useage.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Side splitters, front splitter, front canards, and rear GTSR Wing.(I know many people on here do not like the wing but they didn't pay for my car) I wanted it to look like a Black GTSR

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to drill any holes to mount them or do they use existing mouting points?

When I talked to Parts Rack about these Jon said they use the existing sill mount screws underneath. I would not do that w/o upgrading to rivet nuts on the like. I can't imagine an aero part of that size being held on by (4) #10x3/8 sheet metal screws.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is from Parts Rack. I told Jon that I wanted the same style that is on the GTSR and he said..."Here you go".

I had it installed by Keith at Musclehead. He made some custom mounting brackets and it was fairly tricky but it is definitely not going anywhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper