6 point race harness instalation

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for help finding the lap belt attachment points and submarine attachment points. in my new 08 srt coupe.

Reaction score
They can attach to the left side belt bolt for the left lap belt. The right side has a threaded insert under the carpet on the side of the tunnel that you will need to find kinda hard if you have never done it though(used on the CC I believe). The sub straps can be mounted to the rear seat track mounting points with bolts or eyelets for a snap in design.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the threaded insert straight across from the left side belt belt bolt?
Do you know why I cant get my harnesses to fit in the opening behind the seats not enough room. G force hardware same size as others.

Reaction score
It is not directly across from it but goes into the frame rail there. If you push around there with an awl or something pointed you should be able to find it. You will need to cut the carpet in an X to access the hole.

As for the G-Force belts I'm not sure. Have you tried to twist them into a triangled fold and get it through lengthwise? Or else does the belt slip apart? Are you talking about the pull strap hardware or the mounting hardware?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The mounting hardware. The Snap clips are too wide to fit in the opening supplied by Dodge with the eyebolts in the factory placements. They overlap in the middle and hit the outside edges of the opening! When pulled tight it will damage the opening in the panel.
Thanks for the help looking for the inside mounting point. Tator Dodge said the same thing. So I guess it is the way to go!!