Shipping a Viper to Canada

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all just picked up my first Viper :2tu: I now need to get it home for a decent price and safely.

Couple of question if any one can help?

1. First off who has done this before and what company specializes in moving a car like a Viper?

2. What sort of costs should I expect for a 3000 mile trip and to look after the border paper work?

3. Anyone I should defiantly not use?

Thanks in advance

Looki

pvo_pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Looki,

I too just purchased a Viper from the US and just got home Saturday night. I bought it out of California, had it shipped to Denver...and made a nice road trip from Denver to Saskatchewan.

Shoot me a message if you need a hand with anything regarding importation. I would be more than willing to lend a helping hand.

Congrats on the Viper purchase, I am getting anxious to have it through inspection and on the road.

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi looki,
I purchased my viper last year out of LA. but I flew down and drove it back to Ontario and I also purchased my truck out of PA. and drove that back also. if you need me to answer any questions about what you need at the border or any questions about the R.I.V. Inspection I will more than happy to answer any of your questions. is your viper a gen II or gen III as gen I's are not allowed to be imported in to Canada.
Stew

OP
OP
L

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks for the replys.

I am bringing in a Gen 2 GTS off of the east coast of the US. I live way over on the other side of the country on Vancouver Island, BC.

Unfortunatly I dont have the time to fly out and drive the car back, so I am looking for a reliable shipping company.

I understand that the paper work has to be at the border 72 hours prior to the car arriving? What paper work is it that needs to be there exactly?

Also is it true that there is no duty on the car, but that I will have to pay GST at the border?

Thanks In advance

Tim

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just fly down and drive it home. If not you will probably be looking at between $1.00 to $1.25 per mile delivered. Depends where you are in Canada.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that the paper work has to be at the border 72 hours prior to the car arriving? What paper work is it that needs to be there exactly?
Also is it true that there is no duty on the car, but that I will have to pay GST at the border?
Tim

Bill of sale and scanned copy of title
GST on purchase price plus AC tax; no duty
SO tell us about the car.....

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks for the replys.

I am bringing in a Gen 2 GTS off of the east coast of the US. I live way over on the other side of the country on Vancouver Island, BC.

Unfortunatly I dont have the time to fly out and drive the car back, so I am looking for a reliable shipping company.

Thanks In advance

Tim

You will have to have the bill of sale, the letter of recall and a copy of the front and back side of the title at the border 72 hours in advance. There is no duty on the Viper as it is built in the US. You will have to pay the 5% GST and the A/C tax at the border and then the PST for BC and a $205 RIV fee when you get back. The RIV will send you out a form or email it to you in a few days. You then take the car to Canadian Tire for an inspection which is included in the RIV of $205. Then take it for your provincial inspection, pay your PST and get the plates. Do the RIV form online. It's way faster. There you go.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TFX International. Specialized Vehicle Transport - Home

These guys were AWESOME.

If you follow the RIV instructions, it's a snap. TFX handles all the border BS for you and brings it to your door. Fees were very fair,communication was great and my car was handled with care. Buy your running lights module yourself and plug it in.

PM if you want any more info

TFX is awesome. Just did it last year. They are the best in Canada. PM me if you have any questions - would be happy to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R