Need advice

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going to be buying my first viper this summer which one is all around the better car the RT/10 or the GTS please any advice would be helpful to me

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Warm Climate: RT/10
Cold Climate: GTS
Track use: GTS

Buy the newest car with the lowest miles you can afford, and GOOD LUCK

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to do a Gen II - get at 2001 or 2002. On looks, I believe the GTS is far better. To me, climate doesn't make much of a difference, since the windows are ALWAYS down.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For higway use or travelling GTS. For highspeed, stiffness, cargo area, stereo sound, comfort, GTS.

For convertable, open roof, wind noise, sunburn, etc. R/T.

Back end of both cars are radically different as are the looks. For parking in the garage there's not much difference except the GTS has a higher value.

Unless you're primarily concerned with looks (pick which one you like best), your best choice will be acording to what use you have for your car. I do a lot of highway driving and start each trip with 2 big suitcases and come home stuffed. R/T wouldn't even carry the suitcases.

Ted

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. One more thing does the GTS have a little better of a ride then the RT for comfort I no they both have a stiff ride they are sport cars. And I like the way both of them too. I just want to spank my buddy C5 vette.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS and 'vert are nearly the same cars. All susp and engine components interchange. Difference is roof and slight differences in the interior.

Both perform nearly the same and ride the same.

Have to have hardtop for some racing and that's what the GTS was designed for. Car is slightly stiffer and more aerodynamic than vert, but not enough difference at street speeds to notice any difference.

Ted

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:DGet both then you don't have to make a choice!!!:2tu: Honestly, I had then same decision to make but chose the RT/10 because I like convertibles. With convertibles you have the best of both worlds especially with both tops and thats what made my decision. It is true about trunk space...not as much with the RT/10. Get the one that appeals to you the most and suits your driving needs.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either one. However, if you go with a convertible, get one with a removable hard top and you will have the best of both worlds!:2tu: