My New Viper Pit.... OPINIONS ANYONE?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, with the assistance of a contractor I am in the process of finishing our basement, as well as redesigning my Viper pit down there.

Anyway... wifey is an experienced painter and very able to paint a Viper logo... :) going to have her to paint one at the end of the garage where the car is going to be parked. I photoshopped what I would like it to look like.

Any other ideas?? I was thinking of hanging racing flags, framed VCA magazines, etc. Maybe even doing something with the ACR logo.

Thanks for the input! (Viper logo below is photoshop rendition)

You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, but I would think Sneaky Pete would be a better choice............... Or do both! Fangs on one side and Pete on the other :2tu:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's going to look fantastic! I like the Fangs logo. You could also get one of those really cool neon Viper signs. BTW, where are you putting the beverage bar?

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's going to look fantastic! I like the Fangs logo. You could also get one of those really cool neon Viper signs. BTW, where are you putting the beverage bar?

in the next room, in the theater :) the total size of the basement is 1550 sq ft, so it gives some options... i wish the garage area had been a little wider (and higher for a lift), but it's going to turn out pretty good. I got the idea for the tracklights from another Viper owner over at the "other" Viper site :)

By the way, the reason for the lowered ceiling was the duct work in the way... turned out OK though I think. Gives almost a "den" feel for the car. next step (visible in photo) black and silver tile
headbang.gif

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wall screen TV where the photoshop logo is and fangs and sneaky pete on side walls? Set the TV to spped channel. If your car is to be a garage queen - you're set. Get some old A&W or Dog & Suds window trays for your side windows.

Newer flat screens have SD port so load it up with logos and Viper pics.

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks sweet!!! I'm in the process of doing my garage but I was going to reverse the colors on the wall: gray lower half with either a black or red stripe on top. I like the shades you chose. What's the brand of paint you're using and what are the names/ref number of the colors? :D

D

DAMN YANKEE

Very nice! Contact Sean Roe for one of his large Sneaky Pete Stainless plaques...

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks sweet!!! I'm in the process of doing my garage but I was going to reverse the colors on the wall: gray lower half with either a black or red stripe on top. I like the shades you chose. What's the brand of paint you're using and what are the names/ref number of the colors? :D

Thanks I thought it turned out prety good. I'll post the paint details this evening.

Very nice! Contact Sean Roe for one of his large Sneaky Pete Stainless plaques...

Sounds cool. Any pics of this plaque online?

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey SSC CHIC, Where can I find one of the cool neon Viper signs? One has been on
our Viper classfieds but no longer. Guess I procrastinated too long. Any info would
be appreciated.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for comparison here's my one of my storage garages. Plumbing, wood trim, chimney parts, well pumps, snowmobile parts,tools, boat engines and parts furniture wood, etc. and cool cars.

You must be registered for see images

I go out and take a pic of one of my working garages and post that in awhile.

Not much like yours.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's 1 of my working garages. It's full of ttols, welder, car parts, engines, trannies, etc. Wear your shoes, lol.

You must be registered for see images

Do you clean the tires to drive into the garage?

Man, what a difference. No car parts and tools?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you should call it "the Viper Trophy Room". Damn, I wouldn't even wear my shoes in there.

Ted

taillights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the plasma idea with a looped video or something.Then if you get tired of it just change it. Looks GREAT. And for you other garage pics. CLEAN THEM SUCKERS OUT IT'S CALL GARAGE SALE FOR A REASONS........ jk

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the plasma idea with a looped video or something.Then if you get tired of it just change it. Looks GREAT. And for you other garage pics. CLEAN THEM SUCKERS OUT IT'S CALL GARAGE SALE FOR A REASONS........ jk

ME???

LoL, yah, I've got 3 attics full of 440, Duster, racewheels, tires, rear ends, etc. etc. etc. I've got 4 cars for sale and half a dozen engines, turbos trannies, etc. I even dontaed a 400hp Shelby Daytona to a High School Drag Program because I couldn't stand it sitting outside. Selling performance cars and muscle cars is not a fun thing to do where I'm at.

Had my Daytona for sale on an internet site and got an email from a guy in Nova Scotia that some scammer had listed it for sale on ebay!

Where I live if you need an important part or tool fast - you'd better have it in your garage, and I do.

Ted

taillights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ME???

LoL, yah, I've got 3 attics full of 440, Duster, racewheels, tires, rear ends, etc. etc. etc. I've got 4 cars for sale and half a dozen engines, turbos trannies, etc. I even dontaed a 400hp Shelby Daytona to a High School Drag Program because I couldn't stand it sitting outside. Selling performance cars and muscle cars is not a fun thing to do where I'm at.

Had my Daytona for sale on an internet site and got an email from a guy in Nova Scotia that some scammer had listed it for sale on ebay!

Where I live if you need an important part or tool fast - you'd better have it in your garage, and I do.

Ted
Just kidding about the garage I have 3 friends that have vipers ( so now I have 1 I htink they call it the jones effect) I also have a buddy that has a all orig.. 70 cuda I bet you would kill for..:2tu: oh it's a 440cuda:headbang:

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your viper pit will look great with Sneaky pete. One suggestion is take off your baseboard when you install the floor product of choice to have a clean proper look. Baseboard always goes on after the installation of floor unless its carpet.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the pit is finished...! Still haven't hung the racing flags, Viper mags etc., but the floor is done and logo painted. I thought the wife did a pretty good job with the Fangs rendition and VIPER lettering. I will get another shot this weekend with my car in it, after I wax and buff the tile. This tile almost has a mirror effect when its waxed, but will probably be hard to keep that finish!

Here is my current project on the other side of the basement: Home theater with 1080P projector and 120" screen (the entertainment center was in there while the laminate floor was going down in the living area).

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, that is Off the chain

i just made it the background on my desktop @ work lol

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the pit is finished...! Still haven't hung the racing flags, Viper mags etc., but the floor is done and logo painted. I thought the wife did a pretty good job with the Fangs rendition and VIPER lettering. I will get another shot this weekend with my car in it, after I wax and buff the tile. This tile almost has a mirror effect when its waxed, but will probably be hard to keep that finish!

Wow man.. that looks amazing.... great job! :2tu:
..By the way your wife is a very talented painter!

How long did it take you to do all of that?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG!!! That looks like a SHOWROOM!!! Beautiful job!!!! Your wife did AMAZING work!!! KUDOS to her! ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth