Milwaukee Mile - Drive the Mile

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive The Mile

On Sunday May 4, 2008, race fans who grew up watching their driving heroes from the grandstands at The Milwaukee Mile will get their once-a-year chance to take laps on America's Legendary Oval!

Foyt, Andretti, Allison, Earnhardt, Kulwicki, Musgrave, Kenseth and now YOU can take your turn driving on the historic Milwaukee Mile!

WHAT: Drive around The Milwaukee Mile in your own street car! Plus a huge classic car show – last year there were 400 cars in the show!

WHEN: Sunday, May 4, 2008 11:00am - 3:00pm

ADMISSION: $15 for drivers PLUS two non-perishable food items for Hunger Task Force. Passengers ride for free.

LAP COUNT: 3 laps for each admission

CHECK-IN: At the Milwaukee Mile, enter Gate 1 of fairgrounds on West Greenfield Avenue at 79th Street, follow directional signs.

OTHER STUFF ONCE YOU’VE COMPLETED YOUR LAPS: Victory Lane will be open to pose for photos, huge classic car show with music, food and refreshments available for purchase.

Must be 18 years of age and older to drive.
Must present a valid drivers license.
Must present proof of current vehicle insurance.

DETAILS: RAIN OR SHINE

-----

Last year I took my Ram Rumble Bee to this event, along with my race car. You get to take laps following the Mile's pace truck. Last year we ended up hitting about 95 in our race cars down the straight aways ( the Tundra couldn't corner that quick, hello body roll! ) - and we hit about 75 in my Ram. It's a really cool event & car show. Last year they had racing simulators, a pit stop competition and other games in the infield for the event.

You must be registered for see images