New Ixo 1:43 Production!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some time ago Ixo reproduced the Oreca 1998 car.
So I started a topic on the ViperPassion forum to see if we could come up with several nice GTS/R's that were never made by any manufacturer and everyone would love to see as a diecast.

Today I found out IXO is still thinking of us....
So, I also post this topic over here, because there is only one VCA!

They released the Zakspeed 2005 Nurburgring car.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

No hesitation here... I bought one instantly.

So......
Why don't we help them to deliver the most-wanted GTS/R we want....

Wich GTS/R do you like most, and isn't made by any manufacturer yet?

To complete this.... we need to find the sponsordata of these cars all around. So show all the cars you want with as much pictures to have the data complete.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If luck will have it the GTS-R registry is going receive an important boost in completion, if/when that happens the choice making decision is going to be a heck of a lot easier for everyone. Still not impressed with some of the Ixo details but it looks like I might buy this one if I find it on Ebay. Could buy their entire series as well but that would mean a lot of doubles in my collection.
How about making them start a competition coupe series?

Last edited:

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a week, nobody but Willem?

Thought this was the scalemodel enthusiast page..... ;)

Tsss Tsss... :D

Only if a 1/18 is produced,I take one !! :eater:
If we made some modifications,for example with a GTS-R Auto-Art n°91 red ,we have a lot of differents details:

Look at this one (for example)

in front...

or with this one:

or with the n°51...

You can see the differences in back for the wing....

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy that is even more tempting.... but costly and time consuming. Rebuild the best models ever into new ones.....

My first question when talking to AutoArt was back then... do you still have the moulds and tooling to produce GTS/R's. Sadely I got a NO as an answer.
So, it's up to our creative minds and possibilities to renew these racers into Rebuilds....
At home I have 3 new backwings... and several sets of side exhaust updates (position changed from back to middle) so we will have these rebuild Vipers in our collection Chris ;)
So.... big question is now, when?

But, to come back On-topic.
Ixo Models still has the production possibilities to build new 1:43 GTS/R models. I received the latest model and it's truly gorgouis.
Wich models were the best looking "back then" and would defnitly need to be made to join the other Vipers in our collections.

One I still would love to have is the Team ART Viper from FIA GT in 1998-1999.
A beautiful dark car with cartoonish sponsors.

There are only limited pictures of this car on the internet. So I can't make a complete decalsheet from it.... if we could find good quality pictures this could be solved.
Same thing for any other (not produced) Viper.

So, can anyone provide me with detailed pictures of missing GTS/R's so we can help Ixo to produce them.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperArry,
I think Fly has already made that GTS-R. Maybe you can use that model to find the missing decals.
BTW, what is a decent price for an Ixo Viper?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can help ya with a pic from the top:

Racing Sports Cars - Photo View

Here of the front (look about half way down the page):

Car

Bugger that AutoArt doesn't have the molds any longer.. can you give us a status report on the SRT-C? I guess a Gen 1/1.5/2 by them is still out of the question?

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WickedV,
Depends on the car... old ones sell under 20 euro. Or just a little over.

New model sells from something like 27 euro up to 34 or so.
Bought it and was surprised by it's breathtaking detail!
Do you have the Fly model yourself? Maybe you can take some detailed pictures of it?

InjectTheVenom,
The SRT-C is posted on AutoArts own site as "Coming Soon". Since these pictures are from the real-thing (the model) it's expected to arrive soon.
How soon.... the big question. I don't know exact.
I've seen announcements from AA up to July with no Viper on them. So soonest would be August? More information in the SRT-C modeltopic.

I have plans and possibilities to build something like 6 or 7 different GTS/R models in 1:18, all rebuilds. More info when we start rebuilding them

All,
The picture of the Team-Art looks good, but doubt if the hairs of the "monsters" are visible enough to make a nice model from it.

Last edited:

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperArry,
That model is in my collection.
I'll take some hi-res pics this weekend.

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy that is even more tempting.... but costly and time consuming. Rebuild the best models ever into new ones.....

My first question when talking to AutoArt was back then... do you still have the moulds and tooling to produce GTS/R's. Sadely I got a NO as an answer.
So, it's up to our creative minds and possibilities to renew these racers into Rebuilds....
At home I have 3 new backwings... and several sets of side exhaust updates (position changed from back to middle) so we will have these rebuild Vipers in our collection Chris ;)
So.... big question is now, when?

Just to tell you we can try the work in a simply GTS-R body (like a grey blue strpes... ;)) to know what the possibilities to made some specifics parts....

With the AA models,it's possible,my first problem it's to find some time to made one....

With Burago,"think it's not bad but not the same result like an AA....:dunno:

Argg :crazy2:

Chris.

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willem,

If I'm right they should be made.... at least the number 98 car, but I'm not 100% sure about it.
A number 98 model could be rebuilt into that exact version.

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dammage,theires pictures aren't free.... :(

(I can see them but can't take them to work with....)

A big big work....:crazy2:

Chris....:2tu: