Side window switch snapped and driver side window stuck down

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was headed for a set of twisty-turns today in my 02 ACR and I hit the switch to put the driver-side window halfway down and it went all the way down into the door. When I went to push the switch for the window to raise back up, nothing happened. Right window and switch are fine. My question - obviously the switch is broken because it is floating a little bit - to replace the switch, is it one whole unit and both sides must be replaced or are the switches for the left and right windows separate?

Also, I borrowed a 2000 Viper service manual from a friend and the diagram says that you have to remove the plastic panel surround (the piece around the shifter, A/C, radio) + the transmission tunnel covering to get at the switches to replace them - is this the actual process and how long/difficult is it? I don't realy feel like breaking anything. Any help is greately appreciated.

John

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a separate switch. The screw on the back of the center bezel independently. PM me your info, I'll send you one. Pulling off the center bezel can be tricky and a pain in the ****. Just be carefull and take your time. It is just snapped into place.

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a separate switch. The screw on the back of the center bezel independently. PM me your info, I'll send you one. Pulling off the center bezel can be tricky and a pain in the ****. Just be carefull and take your time. It is just snapped into place.

Thanks, i'll be sure to message you when i get the switch off.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was headed for a set of twisty-turns today in my 02 ACR and I hit the switch to put the driver-side window halfway down and it went all the way down into the door. When I went to push the switch for the window to raise back up, nothing happened.
The window "fell" down? If so what you are describing is the infoamous plastic part in the window broke not the electrical switch that controls it. Can you hear the motor running when you activate the switch. If so your plastic part broke and switch is fine.

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The window "fell" down? If so what you are describing is the infoamous plastic part in the window broke not the electrical switch that controls it. Can you hear the motor running when you activate the switch. If so your plastic part broke and switch is fine.

Hey, no, the switch is what is wrong because it is floating. It felt strange when I was putting the window down - right now the switch is loose and floating around and it's not putting the window back up. Hard to explain, but the passenger side switch isn't doing the same floating like the other. Anyway, thank ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper