rear caliper covers

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know whon is selling the rear brake caliper covers? I think Tom in NJ was. Can anyone confim, or know of any for sale? Thanks Tim:drive:

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim
Tom F&L from the NY/Ct was doing them.:dunno:
Are you going to be around Sunday we are
headed to Keen for the flee market.:rolleyes:

Skeeter

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ones I sold on eBay were aluminum, powdercoated, with heat resistant vinyl sticker. The ZAF ones are layered bakelite, with engraved lettering. Both use SS hardware to attach to the outer holes of the brake pad (not the caliper.)

When it slowed down (selling price closed to cost to make) I stopped and have recently sent the spare leftovers to people that asked. I have a quote to make a larger batch (i.e. my upfront cost) that is also powdercoated, but the lettering is printed on. (I totally snoozed on the supplier, my apologies for dropping the ball.) That means there would only be one color and one "stencil."

Sorry that I'm late to this note, sorry I'm not a site sponsor and shouldn't be "advertising" but maybe people can speak up about whether they want them or not and I can restart.

Or, if there is a site sponsor interested, PM me and maybe we can make a deal!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
you're given a carte blanche pass because of all the get info you pass on and all the help you have given thru the years :2tu: :2tu:

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months back I bought one of Toms last sets. I recently installed them a few weeks ago, which was extremely easy by the way. They really do look great through the openings of my BBS LM wheels. I think Tom should start making these again. :2tu:

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom: I just purchased your brake upgrade and didn't think about asking. But when I checked with you about a year ago, the ones you were selling did not match my front calipers that say VIPER. Any chance you have them now?

Thanks
A1998

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there seems to be enough response, the one style I would have is black with double-line font "VIPER" on it.

I had offered colored plates with solid letter VIPER because in vinyl, peeling the strip between the double-lined font was very time consuming. Any new ones will be painted.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there seems to be enough response, the one style I would have is black with double-line font "VIPER" on it.

Add me to your list, that's the one I'm looking for!!

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take a set. Anyone have any pictures?

Here you go; both rear and front as painted with high heat letters as Tom uses on the rear.

(Yes, Tom I know I have not put the bolts in the holes to 'fill' them in.)

Rear
Brake_Caliper_Rear_Cover01.JPG

Front
Brake_Caliper04.JPG

Later,

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my rear caliper covers with the RT/10 logo. It is difficult to see the entire cover through the wheels.

caliper_cover.jpg

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To do this, I'd do it in a single large quantity and would have this style only:

IM000750.JPG

The cover is gloss black, there is a reflection showing. You can't see the standoffs attaching it to the brake pad. You don't have to remove the brake pad or calier to install.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way to make them fit a non-ABS caliper, since they attach to the brake pad itself.

I'd be happy to send to the UK - thank Nadine for giving me a good first impression of DIY-er Brits.

Dave, remind everyone how much gasoline currently costs in the UK and Europe?

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way to make them fit a non-ABS caliper, since they attach to the brake pad itself.

I'd be happy to send to the UK - thank Nadine for giving me a good first impression of DIY-er Brits.

Dave, remind everyone how much gasoline currently costs in the UK and Europe?

Thanks Tom, a few guys over here may well be interested, once you have an idea of cost I'll put up a post on the UK forums and find out for you.

UK Fuel prices...
Are you sitting down?
Currently £1.09/litre for unleaded, and £1.19/litre for diesel
I did see it at £1.19/litre unleaded and £1.29/litre for diesel in a motorway service station at the weekend... NOT HAPPY!!! :(

That's the equivalent of about $2.14 - $2.30 USD/litre
Not sure what you guys are paying at the moment... But I bet it isn't that much! :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala