abs/brake/airbag lights, no turn signal & windows won't work

MJJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your thoughts would be appreciated..

I have a 2001 RT/10.. saturday, when I started the car, the abs, brake & airbag lights stayed on. Also the windows did not work at all, and the turning signals did not work. This lasted a few minutes - then the lights went off and the windows and turn signals worked again.
Sunday and Monday nothing happened.
Today the same thing happened, but corrected itself within a few minutes again.

Thanks in advance,
~MJ

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Any time I don't really know...I ask "how old is your battery"...as this plays a major role is Viper quirks.

OP
OP
M

MJJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have no idea how old the battery is.. I bought the car in January 2008. But thank you for a starting point.
~MJ

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just changed our 2001's OEM battery over to a Sears Die-Hard Gold last summer...first and only symptom of the OEM battery beginning to fail was intermittant funny alarm lights or horn honks at inappropriate times . Have seen idle problems, tach/speedo bouncing, and other odd signs on other Vipers ..all fixed by a new battery.

It may not hurt to take a peak at your battery...and carefully examine the tray at the same time. If you do get interested is going checking on the battery (and its cables)...look up the wonderfully helpful recent post (with pics) by Viper tony!!!

http://forums.viperclub.org/illustrated-upgrades/613276-battery-tray-cleaning-guide-photos.html

OP
OP
M

MJJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the problem was solved by replacing the ignition switch.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456