A little help please, 2000 RT/10....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're way off...those aren't speakers. They're filters for the under-hood turbo mounted system from Roe.

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be a little slow but i cant tell if this thread was started as a joke or not. Please tell me that those really arent speakers on the hood. PLEASE tell me they are not!!!!!!!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be a little slow but i cant tell if this thread was started as a joke or not. Please tell me that those really arent speakers on the hood. PLEASE tell me they are not!!!!!!!!

In 1992, the new dodge stealth was chosen to pace the Indy 500 race, until someone pointed out that the car was assembled in Japan. in order to avoid controversy over a foreign-built car pacing the 500, dodge changed their minds and chose the viper instead. a large amp and hood speakers were quickly installed the day before the big race, and the car was suppose to loudly play Rosanne Barr singing "God Bless America" everytime it went around the track. unfortunately, the amp blew a fuse, and the music never played.

however, the idea was still a big hit with owners, and all cars built until 2002 came with hood speakers. the design got dropped in 2003 because of stricter noise regulations, and because as viper owners got older, their hearing aids could no longer hear external speakers. so beginning in 2003, all external speakers were moved to the interior.

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that still sounds like a joke big-n-italian..... i dont know what to believe anymore lol.

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1992, the new dodge stealth was chosen to pace the Indy 500 race, until someone pointed out that the car was assembled in Japan. in order to avoid controversy over a foreign-built car pacing the 500, dodge changed their minds and chose the viper instead. a large amp and hood speakers were quickly installed the day before the big race, and the car was suppose to loudly play Rosanne Barr singing "God Bless America" everytime it went around the track. unfortunately, the amp blew a fuse, and the music never played.

however, the idea was still a big hit with owners, and all cars built until 2002 came with hood speakers. the design got dropped in 2003 because of stricter noise regulations, and because as viper owners got older, their hearing aids could no longer hear external speakers. so beginning in 2003, all external speakers were moved to the interior.

Quite well done !!:lmao::lmao::headbang: :rolaugh::rolleyes:;):):D:rolaugh:

Damn, I wish I could hear Roseass (I mean Roseann) sign God Bless America!! I really miss her quality vocals.

lilviv

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually was completely unable to get those speakers in the front to work . . . UNTIL, and this was alluded to earlier, I upgraded to RedLine Speaker Fluid. The factory speaker fluid simply ages over time, and it's not part of the regular service schedule . . . so often it goes unchanged. A lot of people become complacent and just listen to the interior speakers, but I didn't settle. I special ordered the RedLine Speaker Fluid and have been rockin' out ever since. Good Luck, Friend.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just another great reason to own a 97 GTS. I probably need to upgrade my speakers though. I can't hear mine over the turbos.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron, the speakers don't work when you are trying to play Yani's greatest hits. The Viper automatically detects the gayness and cuts the sound. Put in something more manly. I know you can do it. There is a man, somewhere, deep inside you. :D :rolaugh:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously fake, Ron hasn't had a 2000 RT/10 or Viper since Gen 3s have been out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper