A little help please, 2000 RT/10....

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't seem to get the speakers in the hood to work :mad: What am I missing here, I spent $50K and can't even get the full stereo sound. So what's the trick?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure the ground wire is hooked up properly. If it is, then the speakers may be blown. I have an extra set if you need them.:D

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure they are still there? Most vipers I have seen only have the speaker grills. I would imagine people have taken yours.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, check your fuse box. It's in the back under the spare tire. Also, pull the one for the governor. More top end. :)

Your welcome.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron I'm sure if the car has ever been washed the speakers are blown. Most everyone forgets to tape and plastic them prior to washing the car:duh:

And this place has wayyyyyyyy better smilies than the Alley. Somebody needs to get off their ass over there and implement some of these smilies from here!

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the fader in the stereo, make sure the front-front speakers are turned up, if that doesnt work make sure the speaker wire that comes up from the horn relay is pluged in:rolaugh:
Also I heard that the only cars that came with the hood speakers are the black cars, they are so much faster than the other colors that they needed the front-front hood speakers.:eater:

onguardjeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, do you K&N's? I had a friend that got his hood speakers sucked into his K&N's that were loose. It was a hose clamp I think.:flush:

Reaction score
Be sure you roll down your windows if it is a hardtop. The sound insulation qualities in the hard top model are so good that you might not hear the sound with your windows up. BTW the hood speakers were designed for the RT folks to have a better audio experience back in the early days.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the:
Buckle on the Fan Belt
and the Piston Return Springs
They might some how be affecting your speakers.

Best of luck in your endeavor

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your Vipair is sucking in so much air you just can't hear them.

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO, NO, NO, you guys have it all wrong. You have to push the PA button (personal Address) on the stereo. This way when your in the parking lot at ******* everybody can hear the stereo just fine. You tilt the hood and now the sound is directional.:lmao::lmao::lmao::2tu:

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,
I couldn't hear mine that well either so I re-wired them into the cabin and filled the holes with bondo for a smooth hood for better areodynamics.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna go home and make sure mine work. Never listened closely enough to see if they work, I just assumed they were on.

Thanks
Ed

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back the car into the garage next to the water heater and drain the fuel tank, the extra

light should help you find the problem.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are way, way off. Look at your car from the front, maybe from a ladder placed about 10 feet in front of the car..........it's Sneaky Pete's eyes. Face the front of your car, turn 180 degrees around, pull your pants and ****** tighties down, bend over and if your are lucky ol'e Sneaky Pete will give you a snake bite for calling his eyes "speakers".