Fun in France vs. Hot in Tx

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I know a lot of you guys have never been to France :D

I am there 2 or 3 times a year. Le Mans, Paris, Anneau Du Rhin...a race track not far away from the border to Germany.
In Elsass (Alsace).

Marc, a French Viper owner organized a drivers training in Anneau Du Rhin and we met there for 4 days last weekend.
Luckily, the weather was perfect!

Viper owners from France, Austria, Switzerland and Germany met for a few days of FUN. And we had a lot of FUN.
Except for Eric (ParisianViper), he had some trouble with the car. Hopefully, Eric will have fixed the car soon!

Enjoy the pictures:
pic6.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic1.jpg

gts1.jpg

rt10.jpg

water.jpg

yellow1.jpg

The food we had was excellent - if you have a chance to visit France, the food will be a challenge for you US boys, but it's worth a try.

Marc and his family (girl friend, father and mother) did an outstanding job organizing the event and taking care of us "visitors".
We also visited the famous Schlumpf collection - a museum with hundreds of vintage cars, mainly Bugatti's in Mulhouse:
Cité de l'Automobile - Car Museum, Alsace France

I want to thank Marc and his family here and hope to see some of the French Viper owners at one of our events this year!

BTW, the new PS2's stick to the road like HELL. And, the StarTech suspension feels good also.
All in all I drove 800 miles over the weekend and felt very comfortable in the Viper.

CIMG0739.JPG

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun but.....

No offense to anyone but those front plates look awful!!! :(
Why does the law have to require that in some places.. rear plates should be good enough.:mad:

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All over Europe front license plates are required, but I do not use it for almost 8 years now and never got a ticket for it (other tickets, yes)...:D slowly, but steadily other owners follow...:clap:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All over Europe front license plates are required, but I do not use it for almost 8 years now and never got a ticket for it (other tickets, yes)...:D slowly, but steadily other owners follow...:clap:

You're a good man! :2tu:

Where I live in Massachusetts, also requires the front plate.. and I also refuse to put it on since I do not wish to ruin the looks of my beautiful car's front fascia! I also haven't been pulled over for it yet.... *knock on wood* ;)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its so the facing forward speed cameras can snap you, here its only a $60 fine but you can also get points on your license which isnt so nice

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always enjoy VIPER pics, thank you!!! YESSSSS to being rebels on that front plate...we feel it 'defaces' the Viper...and we don't put ours on either...and yes, we CAN be ticketed for it also. ~juli

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff Markus! I'll have to get over there for that sometime!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRANCE?? When I visit a 3'rd world country I prefer that it be tropical. Isn't france the country that had a mild heat wave a few years ago and thousands died for lack adequate air conditioning and refrigeration? GTS Bruce

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRANCE?? When I visit a 3'rd world country I prefer that it be tropical. Isn't france the country that had a mild heat wave a few years ago and thousands died for lack adequate air conditioning and refrigeration? GTS Bruce

Yeah... Those three consecutive days of 75 degrees (F) really made their Brie get chummy.

That was actually a huge near miss. At 78 (F) I think they have to stop drinking Merlot and switch to a lighter Cabernet.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great pics....thanks.......I have been to France many times as my wife has relatives living there, one being her sister who lives in Montpellier........I have only seen one Viper in all my tirps there......it was a beautiful site watching the snake and a Ferrari going head to head on a highway between Montpellier and Nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R