2003- 2006 Supercharger kit update

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know where things are at.
New suppliers, ideas and technologies have allowed us to alter the kit design into another configuration over the last couple months.
We now have a larger supercharger fitting under OEM ('08) and aftermarket hoods with no wiring (VEC) work needed (using the SCT to hold the programs flashed into the stock PCM).
As time passed, we're able to make the kit more of what it should be, with no compromises and easier installation.
We're not producing the kit in production volumes yet, but it is working out well on the shop car.
I'm going to have a big Ebay sale to get rid of the earlier designs that worked, but not as well as I wanted... so keep an eye out for SC kits that cost $40K being sold for $4K...lol
By the way, we'll still be around the same SC kit price as the current Gen 1 and Gen2, but including the hood.
Regards,
Sean

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean any teaser pics? Cant wait to hear/see more. Do you have an expected date to launch the blower?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have this out nest next spring I'll have your babies...:omg:

Hmm, not exactly what I would consider motivating....

With regard to which hoods fit, stock '03-'06 = no, Autorform's current design = no, Vipair hood with X removed = yes, stock '08 hood (no X underneath) = yes.

You must be registered for see images

If you didn't see the kit we made for the engines in the Ram SRT-10 trucks, see link from Sport Truck magazine here:

Supercharging An Automatic Dodge Ram SRT10 - Blower Install - Sport Truck Magazine

Since that article, we've released that kit without the VEC, using the SCT instead.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, the truck kit doesn't fit under the hood of the car, but it is good for some wide eyed looks at traffic lights and in parking lots :D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, the truck kit doesn't fit under the hood of the car, but it is good for some wide eyed looks at traffic lights and in parking lots :D

Now that will definitely turn some heads. Cant wait to see what is under the hood of the car in the first pic. From the looks of it the entire blower fits under the gen III hood with the exception of something by the throttle body...

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man oh Man Sean, I WANT ONE!!!!! I have been waiting for this bad boy as I know others have. I bet the numbers are going to be insane. Can you give us rough estimate horse power numbers please? I bet it looks **** under the hood. I especially want to see the power under the curve. SUBSCRIBING
:eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And sorry if this is a noob question, what do you mean by "stock '08 hood (no X underneath)" if my tax return goes as expected, well I know what is going to be replacing my nitrous system ;)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And sorry if this is a noob question, what do you mean by "stock '08 hood (no X underneath)" if my tax return goes as expected, well I know what is going to be replacing my nitrous system ;)

I think he means cutting out the cross bracing found underneath the hood in the center section. Sean correct me if i am wrong...

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the red neck in me is about to show..

But I would rock that truck kit with a hole in a factory hood. LMAO

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah no kidding, you think that the normal look of the Viper isn't intimidating enough, just wait to see the looks on their face if they saw that roll up :rolaugh:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread needs to stay front and center. Sean give us some more info....

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost and Hp numbers would be nice, my hopes would be that Roe S/C and new hood should end up being less than an installed Paxton kit or why choose it over the already available and proven kit?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost and Hp numbers would be nice, my hopes would be that Roe S/C and new hood should end up being less than an installed Paxton kit or why choose it over the already available and proven kit?
I doubt the inclusion of the hood would allow it to be less than just a SC kit. The hood alone is $1495. I could be wrong. I mean he does say it will be around the same price as the Gen1 and GenII including the hood. I hope those of us already with hoods will get the hood discount and not have to pay the full price. I cant wait to see the dyno numbers, I bet the power under the curve is going to be insane. Again :eater:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont get me wrong i have only heard good things about Roe and i also know that the Rootes style blowers are better on the low end of the rpm range.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what an appetizer !
My wife won't be happy. Another Viper hood in our living room :)
I will have to start taking my pills against sever HP addiction.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be a blast im sure Sean and my truck says hi :D Good luck

IMG%5D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking, go "old school" on a cheap hood and expose it for everyone to see! :2tu::2tu:

It may not be in the norm of what Viper owners expectations, but it would look KILLER:2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean;

I am no master fabricator but I have a lot of experience with Whipple and Lyscolm kits on other vehicles. Can't you come up with a slightly sunken supercharger intake manifold that is more of a one piece item where the fuel rails are maybe built into it and the Lyscolm blower is situated so that it will be sunken slightly so it will work under an 08' Stock hood without the X-cut. I think most guys are willing to accept that it will not work under an 03-06 hood, and use it as an excuse for an 08' hood upgrade, but to cut an 08' hood up, I think you are isolating probably 50% of the future supercharged customers right there.

It looks like you just fabricated a flat plate in the intake well. I would think you would find more guys open to changing out the fuel rails and repositioning things (anything bolt on) as opposed to cutting up their cars to make it fit. Just MHO.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No hood modification is needed with an '08 hood.
I'm almost done with a manifold base and top plate that fits under the stock hood also, but that manifold will cost a LOT more to produce (but far less than a hood if a guy doesn't have one).
I think we're going to go ahead with preparing the taller kit with stock '08 hood for release, then once it's out and not using much of my own time, I'll finish the low manifold for those who don't want to put on an '08 hood.
Another option for the stock '03-'06 hood would be an add on cowl to cover a cut out. Anyone have input on that? I'm no body design guy, so someone else could probably provide some feedback on what's doable there. Not sure if it would be a better option for some than changing a hood on a "taller" kit.
I'd also like to let you guys know, nothing that we're about to release and show, just prior to or at VOI next month is based on R&D work I did a couple years ago. This entire kit utilizes experience from that, but really has come about due to the availablity of some parts that just didn't exist even a year ago. I feel a pit in my stomach, my heart beats heavy and my palms start to sweat when I think about how much time has gone by since I began this project, but it goes away as soon as I think about how much better this is than what I would have released before. I'll be glad when you guys get to run them.

Regards,
Sean

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sean
Would the SCT be able to replace the VEC for future Gen1 or 2 installs??????
Keep up the good work..

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Baz,
Never on a Gen1. All flash programmers are OBD2 only.
Yes, on the Gen2. People can do that right now. It just takes a different MAP sensor and some tuning time. Same goes for a Gen2 with a Paxton or turbo also.
Right now, that's not a "mail order" option or particularly cheap. A VEC2 or 3 with software is still a good way to be able to handle custom tuning without having to do too much. It does have its own limitations though.
That's one of the thing that's changed on the Gen3 kit since I began it. I won't be releasing it with a VEC. If someone has one, or the SCT, they'll get the programs accordingly. Otherwise, a new kit will ship with an SCT and not require extensive engine wiring to install a VEC where no connectors are, as our truck kits did (before we switched to SCT's). Too easy for people to cut or crimp the wrong wire when installing the VEC3 for the SC on the Rams. A plug in flash is faster and safer for that application.

Regards,
Sean