A lot of Vipers, a Dragon's Tail and *******

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should be one heck of a weekend. Plans are already being made on which ******* we're going to eat at :D

http://forums.viperclub.org/alabama-tennessee/613993-al-tn-june-event.html

AL/TN had 15 cars last year, I'm expecting 10 or so cars from GA, so this should be like a mini-Zone Rendevous :D The more the merrier...or maybe "the more, the bigger logistical nightmare", but eitherway this is gonna be one awesome weekend! :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Chad.
I put it in the "Events/Gatherings" Forum also:D. This event is posted in so many places, I can't keep up with it. It IS gonna be huge. It IS gonna be a "logistical nightmare". It IS gonna be soooo worth it:2tu::headbang::nana::hypno::naughty::naughty: :dance::stick::stick::eyecrazy::boozer::clap2: :rock: :dj::guitar:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are in! Just made the hotel reservations. We will be coming from Western North Carolina......about an hour's drive from the top of the dragon.:drive:

Can't wait!!!!

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome:2tu: Are ya'll gonna be in the SSG? Meeting us at the ******* Barrel? :dunno:

I will be bringing the SSG. I'm not sure if I will be meeting everyone at ******* Barrel or not yet. I only live about an hour from the top of the Dragon. Do you know what the planned route is? Is the plan to drive from the bottom of the Dragon to the top and back down again before going to Pigeon Forge or will you be driving up the Dragon and over through Cherokee, NC through the Smoky Mtns to Pigeon Forge? I'm going to have to mapquest this adventure.:D Need more information, please?

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chip, y'all need to take plenty of pictures for me.:)

Believe it or not, I've actually ran out of pictures from Huntsville to play with in Photoshop....:dunno::dunno::dunno:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be bringing the SSG. I'm not sure if I will be meeting everyone at ******* Barrel or not yet. I only live about an hour from the top of the Dragon. Do you know what the planned route is? Is the plan to drive from the bottom of the Dragon to the top and back down again before going to Pigeon Forge or will you be driving up the Dragon and over through Cherokee, NC through the Smoky Mtns to Pigeon Forge? I'm going to have to mapquest this adventure.:D Need more information, please?
As it is right now, we'll be driving down the Dragon, stop at Deals Gap to hang out a while, then probably take Foothills Pkwy in to Pigeon Forge (I can't remember :dunno: if we have to go back up to Foothills or not) We'd like to be at hotel between 4-5pm.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a friend of mine just wrecked her bike on the dragon a couple of weeks ago. She wasn't in a sharp turn or anything. One second she's in a sweeping turn and the next second she's tumbling off the road. She broke her back in 5 places but nothing serious. She's extremely lucky it wasn't worse.

I know some people that live down there and drive the dragon to work every day. They dread tourist season...

I wish I could go :D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope she gets better quick! You for sure have to respect the dragon. Stopping by Deals Gap and looking at all of the pictures they have posted up of the wrecks reminds you. But you gotta love it!! Can’t wait!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***?! This is the first I'm hearing about this, isn't this going to be in North Carolina, and should have North Carolina Viper owners invited too?! That link has little logistical details, like some kind of hodge podge that Mike S. might put together, how about a succinct layout of the pertinent details?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I e-mailed Dwight and Steve that are in the NC Club about this last week. The more the better! I like NC vipers just as much as GA vipers. . .

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***?! This is the first I'm hearing about this, isn't this going to be in North Carolina, and should have North Carolina Viper owners invited too?! That link has little logistical details, like some kind of hodge podge that Mike S. might put together, how about a succinct layout of the pertinent details?

Oh sure, blame me :nono:

I am only a lowly participant this time :lmao::lmao::lmao:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to live in Fontana Village.....very near the Dragon. My sister-in-law actually had to take the Dragon when she was in labor having her first child to get to the hospital in Maryville. She was NOT happy.

I hope your friend gets better soon. The Dragon is a nasty beast that demands respect.

I had a friend of mine just wrecked her bike on the dragon a couple of weeks ago. She wasn't in a sharp turn or anything. One second she's in a sweeping turn and the next second she's tumbling off the road. She broke her back in 5 places but nothing serious. She's extremely lucky it wasn't worse.

I know some people that live down there and drive the dragon to work every day. They dread tourist season...

I wish I could go :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time we've gone, there's been at least 1 ambulance going or coming. Hopefully, going on a friday, traffic won't be too heavy (which might not be a bad thing). We've never had any "close calls". It's usually the sport bikes trying to pass somebody in the wrong lane on a blind turn. We're ALWAYS safe!:D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Every time we've gone, there's been at least 1 ambulance going or coming. Hopefully, going on a friday, traffic won't be too heavy (which might not be a bad thing). We've never had any "close calls". It's usually the sport bikes trying to pass somebody in the wrong lane on a blind turn. We're ALWAYS safe!:D

The sport bikes get a little crazy over there. But with 300+ curves in 11 miles, you can expect it.

I'm looking forward to this trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

FYI. There is also a Pontiac show in Pigeon Forge the same weekend.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the way, remember to wear your best smile when driving the Dragon. There is a group over there who set up cameras along the way and takes pictures of everything that goes up and down the mountain.

For the bikers, if they get a picture of your wreck, it's free! Otherwise, you can go to their website a few days after your trip, find your picture and buy it.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sport bikes get a little crazy over there. But with 300+ curves in 11 miles, you can expect it.

I'm looking forward to this trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

FYI. There is also a Pontiac show in Pigeon Forge the same weekend.

Pontiac show??? We definitely need to do a "drive by" there and make our presence know! :D I was also notified this morning of a big Mopar show saturday at the Smokies baseball stadium. We might have to make an appearance there on the way to/from *******.:2tu:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pontiac show??? We definitely need to do a "drive by" there and make our presence know! :D I was also notified this morning of a big Mopar show saturday at the Smokies baseball stadium. We might have to make an appearance there on the way to/from *******.:2tu:

My daughter just got her first car (1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible Purple) and she is taking it to the Pontiac show that weekend. Would be fun to have our presence be known.:D The Mopar show should be fun, too.

Also, anyone who wants to see the pics from the Dragon, go to Killboy.com. Just gives you an idea of what it looks like.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just posted a comment on their site saying when we will be on the Dragon. This should get us some good camera time!

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just posted a comment on their site saying when we will be on the Dragon. This should get us some good camera time!

Good idea! What a great job they have. Can you imagine just sitting and taking pictures of cool cars and bikes all day. Fun!:D

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a good idea? Police monitor websites for stuff like that, would rather not increase their presence.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a good idea? Police monitor websites for stuff like that, would rather not increase their presence.

um....the tail of the dragon is a very well known road. it is highly unlikely that you will be breaking any speed records going through the extremely twisty curves, especially since the viper group will in all likelihood not be the only group there that day. especially since there are two other shows going on that weekend, a mopar and pontiac gathering that should be pretty cool.:)

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It shouldn't matter. There have been a number of fatalities and accidents on that road so they have a presence there anyway. They usually leave the cars alone. It's the motorcycles that get into trouble. Believe me, it's very difficult to go really fast in a car through those curves and not spin out. The cars (even the fast ones) are usually safe drivers. The motorcycles are just crazy fast. The record is 9 minutes on one from one end to the other. Having been riding on that road my whole life, I can tell you that 9 minutes is insane.

My advice: if you get motion sickness, I strongly suggest you take the medication before you set out. If you are prone to it at all, you will need it on this road!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally, will not be trying to break any records:omg: (much less my car):D. The road is a fun and scenic drive. We've always seen Troopers shooting radar, but never seen them go after anyone...only motion them to slow down:D. We like driving our car home in one piece:2tu:. I'm sure there'll be some that want to be a "little more aggressive" than others. And those guys will be in front of me.
It's gonna be HUGE. And we're gonna ROCK N ROLL!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get where you guys are coming from, but just announcing a group of Vipers is coming just seems like the sort of thing that might draw undue attention.