Help!! Lean machine S/C

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Roe 10lb S/C car is running lean after 5000RPM. A/F above 14. Fuel pressure is above 55psi.
MSD booster tests out to be working. Tried to add more fuel with the VEC-2. Nothing seems to help. Do you think the injectors are dirty or partially clogged. Where can I buy new ones or have these cleaned/rebuilt. Thanks,:dunno: What is the part # for the Green top injectors?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the car not running lean before?

There should be places local that can clean and rebuild injectors. Look for the cost to be around $80-100 for all 10.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Sean and discuss it with him. He has probably seen this problem before. I'm sure that you know already but, in case you don't, 14 is not safe.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 does a nice job cleaning the injectors. i dont know if he will or does any fixing on them but id ask.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you running the stock fuel pump? The stocker probably won't have enough umph even with the Boost-a-pump for a 10lb Roe.:dunno:

Mine is maxed out with an 8 lb pulley. :nono:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, my car with 8lbs is pushing the limit. I would bet that you'll need to upgrade the fuel system or install and tune with water/**** to make it thru 5500 safely.

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the 10 lb S/C on the car for a few years. Never had a problem when it was first installed. It is now running lean at 5000rpm and above. The car does have water ****. Sean recommended cleaning the injectors.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the 10 lb S/C on the car for a few years. Never had a problem when it was first installed. It is now running lean at 5000rpm and above. The car does have water ****. Sean recommended cleaning the injectors.

I would send them to 1TONY1.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Roe 10lb S/C car is running lean after 5000RPM. A/F above 14. Fuel pressure is above 55psi.
MSD booster tests out to be working. Tried to add more fuel with the VEC-2. Nothing seems to help. Do you think the injectors are dirty or partially clogged. Where can I buy new ones or have these cleaned/rebuilt. Thanks,:dunno: What is the part # for the Green top injectors?

??????????????????

Tim,
I still suggest you have them cleaned, just like I said yesterday morning, before this post.
Once you told me that the fuel pump had to be removed and cleaned / filter replaced because of slime in the tank, there's a good chance the injectors need to be cleaned too.
Running out of fuel at 5,000+ RPM and 600 RWHP with good fuel pressure, maxed out 50 lb injectors, a now properly installed voltage booster and WM leads to that direction.
If you want to buy injectors, I gave you the name in an email, Kinsler Fuel Injection, but like I said yesterday, that will cost you more than cleaning.

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted Kinsler fuel injection per Sean's info. They said they would inspect,clean and test the injectors, and would sell me new ones for any that failed.
I really appreciate Sean's after hours call back and taking the time to explain and fax me instructions to check the:headbang: wiring of the MSD fuel booster. I had an intermittant problem that may have been a bad ground that was complicating my lean condition. I have not yet tried the logging program Sean suggested to try to determine if the injectors are maxed out. I am not that versed in the Vec -2 programing yet, but think that is a great idea to help troubleshoot the problem. I want to kidnap Sean and bring him to NH!!! Thanks for all the replies, especially Sean Roe. I was hoping that someone had some good green top injectors that they wanted to part with.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted Kinsler fuel injection per Sean's info. They said they would inspect,clean and test the injectors, and would sell me new ones for any that failed.

Now I know exactly how JonB feels :D

I also can inspect, clean and flow your Roe injectors.....
I also have some spare green tops......
You can talk with me, probably be hard to talk with the guy that is actually flowing your injectors at Kinsler.
I can also do something Kinsler can't do......speak Roe s/c's ;)

Thanks for the help guys !!!!

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/601001-injector-flow-bench-cleaner-up-running.html

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now I feel bad about that, but I gave Tim Kinsler's info when he asked about buying new injectors, not cleaning them :-(
I did tell him about you Tony... :)

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-Hey Tony, I pulled the injectors and am ready to ship them out to you for testing and cleaning. What is your address to ship to? :dunno: Thanks Tim

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you have a log of the a/f versus rpm and throttle position?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth