Forgeline Black Chrome Wheels

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of a Viper with Forgeline's version of their Black Chrome wheel color option? I can't tell from their website if their Black Chrome wheels have kind of a bluish tint?

pic with BC center, and Chrome lip:
sp3p-bc-001.jpg

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question---but I do know that's a beautiful wheel. I'm
going with the same wheel but in all chrome. Good luck!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy saw a set on a car at DC performance months ago. I was seriously considering black chrome at the time. He sent a crummy pic to me, wheels were also dirty and yet still looked good. I ended up going with a satin black center, but I think black chrome would look great.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also seriously considering those as well. this is the look I am going for, this is a pic thanks to Austin and his awesome PS skills. Austin, I hope you don't mind me posting your work since you have already posted this. This is the gunmetal low gloss but I'm sure looks pretty close to the black chrome. This is the look I am going for, I would also like to see the black chrome PS on this car. Austin? ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm actually considering something with a twist ...Black Chrome on the lips, with very bright machined/silver centers (maybe even white) ... the car will be blue with white stripes, so that's why I'm asking about the bluish tint.

I like the idea of the centers being very light/bright, and the rims being a bit darker and less obvious

Oh, Austin ...please come out to plaayyyeaa ...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also seriously considering those as well. this is the look I am going for, this is a pic thanks to Austin and his awesome PS skills. Austin, I hope you don't mind me posting your work since you have already posted this. This is the gunmetal low gloss but I'm sure looks pretty close to the black chrome. This is the look I am going for, I would also like to see the black chrome PS on this car. Austin? ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

THAT looks great...love the BLACK wheels on a BLACK Viper! ~juli

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I get home I will see what I can do in the way of black chrome, but I cant promise anything as I know it wont be easy to do and make look right.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the idea of a Black Chrome lip vs. powdercoated (gunmetal), because the chrome should provide a much more durable (and easy to maintain) lip...

Something I tried poorly earlier (adding black chrome effects to the chrome rim pic):
B_chrome_zx3r19-001.jpg

And an example of a similar idea:
zx3rsilversatinrim.jpg

Another visual reference:
112_news060620_01z_dymag_carbon_fiber_wheel_.jpg

Then again, here's a much darker Black Chrome center (difficult to know exactly what the BC looks like):
md3p-blkchr-001.jpg

And as you may of guessed, these may go on a Viper Blue car...

serpent2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can sell forgeline for 10 over cost Here are black ones on my car.

Last edited:

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my ZXP3's with black powder coated centers and polished lips. Bought 'em used, but I'd probably go with chrome lips if buying new. Easier to maintain and shinier.

Attachments

• Bill's Viper2.jpg
    Bill's Viper2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper