No gas cap tether in '08 roadsters :(

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good question. Im worried about losin mine too.
Let me know if you find anything

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the plus side it keeps the cap from banging on the paint. On my Gen 1 & 2 I put the cap in my pocket (after forgetting one). Makes a big funny looking bulge but I know where it's at:)!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the plus side it keeps the cap from banging on the paint. On my Gen 1 & 2 I put the cap in my pocket (after forgetting one). Makes a big funny looking bulge but I know where it's at:)!

Ya, gas cap banging around...bad idea...really bad idea.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just stop being lazy and just HOLD IT until your done filling up!! hahaha

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios found a great place for it. I've seen him use it in the pump handle to hold the gas on. Since around here the stations always bust out the auto lock in the handle. Your cap will hold it open perfectly. Of course if you walk away, you'll flood the station, but hey....D is cool! :headbang:

OP
OP
P

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the plus side it keeps the cap from banging on the paint.

2006 roadsters had a hook on the lid, so that the cap would be on a safe distance...

There are quite some downgrades in the 2008... The paint has terrible orange peel and a few defects, the top has flaws, and then some things have de-evolved, like the removed gas cap tether and hook... :crazy2:

OP
OP
P

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess the solution is to buy the 06 parts and fix it. I expect that I will have the car repainted or sanded at some point becase the paint job *****. It's like being back in a Corvette (thinking about the orange peel).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper