Fuel Pump Fuse Question

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been performing a compression and leakdown test on my '01 RT/10. As a precaution, I decided to remove the Fuel Pump Relay in the fuse block located in the trunk. I noticed that the Fuel Pump fuse itself is 10amp but the label on the inside of the fuse block cover states 25amps for that Fuel Pump. My service manual has it listed as 10amp on pg 8W-11-2. Is it 10amps or 25amps? Thanks - Tony

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it hasn't blown after all those years, sounds like 10 amps is the ticket.

Also, 25 amps seems like a lot to a fuel pump. When I put the auxiliary tank in my Super Duty they were like 16 or 18 ga. wires to the aux. pump. 25 amps would be like 12 or 10 ga. That's big wire to a fuel pump.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it hasn't blown after all those years, sounds like 10 amps is the ticket.

Also, 25 amps seems like a lot to a fuel pump. When I put the auxiliary tank in my Super Duty they were like 16 or 18 ga. wires to the aux. pump. 25 amps would be like 12 or 10 ga. That's big wire to a fuel pump.

There's an empty slot underneath (used by Coupes) which is marked for 25 amps. I believe the label on the inside fuse cover is confused. No issues at all with that fuse but it caught my eye, that's all.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an empty slot underneath (used by Coupes) which is marked for 25 amps. I believe the label on the inside fuse cover is confused. No issues at all with that fuse but it caught my eye, that's all.

Well of course, the GTS Coupe is the faster of the 2 vehicles. I can understand how that would require a bigger pump with the additional horsepower.

There's probably even an empty slot marked for a 50 amp fuse with the caption "Red Coupe."

:D

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well of course, the GTS Coupe is the faster of the 2 vehicles. I can understand how that would require a bigger pump with the additional horsepower.

There's probably even an empty slot marked for a 50 amp fuse with the caption "Red Coupe."

:D

:lmao: You're a funny guy. :lmao: