New! Direct Fit High Flow Metallic Substrate Cat Assembly w/ Flex Pipe for 2003-2006!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We now offer a full 3" Stainless Steel direct fit replacement catalytic converter pipe set for the 2003-2006 cars. It features a single 200 cell per inch highest flow metallic substrate cat and flex pipe. The flex pipe is an important addition to this system. Just like the factory setup, it allows the engine to move and torque over without putting that stress on fixed mount pipes. The system offers great gains over the stock pipe with two converters per side and we can couple it with reducers if a 2.5" exhaust is used farther downstream.
Utilizes original equipment style clamps and mounts. Additional 3" clamps included.

For more details, click here:

CATS : 3" Direct Replacement High Flow Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter Set - 2003 – 2006 Viper - Exhaust Systems - Roe Racing

Priced at $699 a set.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New! Direct Fit High Flow Metallic Substrate Cat Assembly w/ Flex Pipe for 2003-2

thank god..no more breaking hangers like i did twice so far on my RT's. ill put in my order in a few days...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New! Direct Fit High Flow Metallic Substrate Cat Assembly w/ Flex Pipe for 2003-2

Sean finally a solution. How much louder is it with a Corsa? Dimitrios you maybe able to answer that for me.

Another appoint at Tators coming soon.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What kind of hp / tq gain come from these?

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What a FANTASTIC + inventive Product ! :2tu:

Can't wait to hear the first testimonials - I'd definitely be interested ! :drive:

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score

will it be just as good with a mopar exhaust system?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean we need more info. Help us out!

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Everyone,

We now offer a full 3" Stainless Steel direct fit replacement catalytic converter pipe set for the 2003-2006 cars. It features a single 200 cell per inch highest flow metallic substrate cat and flex pipe. The flex pipe is an important addition to this system. Just like the factory setup, it allows the engine to move and torque over without putting that stress on fixed mount pipes. The system offers great gains over the stock pipe with two converters per side and we can couple it with reducers if a 2.5" exhaust is used farther downstream.
Utilizes original equipment style clamps and mounts. Additional 3" clamps included.

Priced at $699 a set.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

Uh-oh, a possible better alternative to Random Tech? :confused:

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

For HP gains, between what we experienced on the dyno and expect in variations from one car to the next, count on 17-20 RWHP. This comes due to not only the elimination of one cat and use of a single high flow substrate, but also the 3" tubing all the way into the side sill. The factory exhaust manifold has a 3" outlet, but the stock system connected immediately to it doesn’t take advantage of this, quickly necking down to smaller than 2.5” prior to going into the cat.
For sound, the exhaust is louder. Cats are very effective mufflers J
You can couple these with any exhaust system where the original manifolds are used. Some systems will require a reducer to get down to the standard 2.5” inlet most systems use (including stock). If you use an aftermarket cat back with a 3” inlet, you’re golden.

Regards,
Sean

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Sean. Unfortunately i have the 2.5 inch connection to my Corsa track. Will that make a big difference? Also is there any loss of torque in the mid range with these cats? Some have mentioned these smaller High flow cats clug easier. Is that possible? Is that a concern?

For HP gains, between what we experienced on the dyno and expect in variations from one car to the next, count on 17-20 RWHP. This comes due to not only the elimination of one cat and use of a single high flow substrate, but also the 3" tubing all the way into the side sill. The factory exhaust manifold has a 3" outlet, but the stock system connected immediately to it doesn’t take advantage of this, quickly necking down to smaller than 2.5” prior to going into the cat.
For sound, the exhaust is louder. Cats are very effective mufflers J
You can couple these with any exhaust system where the original manifolds are used. Some systems will require a reducer to get down to the standard 2.5” inlet most systems use (including stock). If you use an aftermarket cat back with a 3” inlet, you’re golden.

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

For use with a 2.5" inlet cat back, you'd need the adapters at the end.
The good news, the exhaust has cooled more by then and you're loosing a bunch of restriction.
There's no loss in mid range or low end.
As far as clogging, these aren't that small, have a very open cell structure (200 cells per inch versus a typical 400 CPI) and are the same style substrate we've been carrying the past two years.
There's no reason for concern at all. Theses are good a quality as stock and are made by an OE level manufacturer. We just lobbied them to make one better :)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Sean. Last thing how much louder is it then with the stock cats and Corsa? Either way you will have my order in a week or two.

Thanks.

PS keep workingon the blower!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

In the shop, one of the guys said "it almost sounds like it has headers on it", which is a description that I think may be the most accurate.
Just sounds crisper.

And yes, my machinist and I are on the blower kit every day in some capacity. We had a lot of complaints from people about having to change the hood. I don't blame them though. 50 hoods with paint will cost about $125K and it's a little better use of economics if I spend another $10-20K on the system design, making it where that's not required. I'm trying for the umpteenth time to work out how to keep everything under the stock hood and have built manifold to do it. However, it caused other obstacles farther down the line that I'm working to overcome.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks again Sean. Cant wait to see the final product.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow 17-20 RWHP is great for still having cats! How do you guys know exactly if you have the 2.5 or 3.0 corsa? I have a corsa, is it just a 2.5 adapter on the end of a 3.0 pipe? So you can just take off the 2.5 inch adapter and have 3.0 pipes? I just bought Sean's SCT tuner should get it when I get back home from vacation, then I'll probably spring for the hi flows, having a convertible I don't want to take the plung all the way to no cats yet with the possible smell and eyes burning having a convertible.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Most of the aftermarket cat-backs are designed to slip onto the existing cat outlet (2.5").
On the Gen2, only Corsa and B&B offer an option (with Corsa, you choose 2.5" or 3" inlet, B&B is 3"inlet with a reducer supplied).
Chances are, your Corsa is a 2.5" inlet with perhaps a 3" muffler behind it. In any event, a simple adapter, or cut off the 2.5" and weld a 3" stub will make the union. A local muffler shop could supply either quickly. We have the 3" to 2.5" adapters as well if you don't want to make your muffler inlet 3".

Regards,
Sean

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean are there any real benefits to cutting off the 2.5 inch adapter and welding in a 3inch? Is it worth the trouble in your opinion?

Most of the aftermarket cat-backs are designed to slip onto the existing cat outlet (2.5").
On the Gen2, only Corsa and B&B offer an option (with Corsa, you choose 2.5" or 3" inlet, B&B is 3"inlet with a reducer supplied).
Chances are, your Corsa is a 2.5" inlet with perhaps a 3" muffler behind it. In any event, a simple adapter, or cut off the 2.5" and weld a 3" stub will make the union. A local muffler shop could supply either quickly. We have the 3" to 2.5" adapters as well if you don't want to make your muffler inlet 3".

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Cutting off a 2.5" adapter and going straight 3" at that union......the only area you'd see a gain would be the above about 4,500 RPM. From that point, the graphs would begin to split slightly, with the difference being around 5 HP at 5,600 (based on Gen 2 experience).

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean, will this fit on an 08? If not do you have anything that will?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i just placed an order on 2 pairs! one for me and one for my buddy

BTW my RTs got clogged on a stock srt motor and had hangers break off two different times.

Hey Sean i was told the flex is a restriction by the competitors. i rather have a bit of a restriction than hangers keep breaking every other month.

thanks for putting these out
DK

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the order D.
It doesn't surprise me for a vendor who doesn't have the flex say that it's a restriction. Even if it was, you're still getting the HP gain and won't have to worry about the hangers or mufflers breaking because of the motor torquing over.

We have not tried fitting them on an '08.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just ordered mine as well. Thanks Sean.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the order Nader :)
The new pipes and your SCT are heading up ASAP (I programmed your SCT today).

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dang nader..you dont waste time!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After seeing yours on the dyno, it is obvious i am missing some decent gains from a good tune and high flow cats. Keep in mind you beat me to the order however I beat you to the install at Tators! I am up first.

MUST HAVE MORE HORSEPOWER...

dang nader..you dont waste time!!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nadar, can I ask you to report on how laud it is compared to your current setup which is similar to mine except I have the Paxton

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean,

You can bet the next time I build an exhaust system for a customer, and he wants to replace the factory cats, I will be calling you. The RT Cats are junk and they do not want to fix their problem as it seems to me that you have done. I wish you the best and I hope you put RT out of the viper business. My guess is we will see a flex connector on their cats very soon.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on Sean, try to fit one on an 08!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

like i said before. i rather have a bit of a restriction if any than breaking hangers every other month on those RTs. even tho they warranty them i still have to lay out $300 in labor costs every time which they dont pay for..looking forward to my set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper