What age is the Viper Owner ?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, other than Quarter Turn, I might be the oldest:dunno: .....uhhhh, 59 and counting down til I can't press the clutch anymore!:lmao:

But, I'm still a rocker...Foo Fighters played in the RT all the time.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm,I'm 45 right now, but it kinda depends on what gear I'm in, really. Neutral=45, 1st=35 2nd=25, 3rd=21, 4th=18,
5th=29, 6th=45.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
60 here. Hard to believe I've had my '93 for 15 years! That's over half the age of some of you youngsters!!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say that the internet forums attract a disproportionate share of the younger owners, so a poll here won't be very representative. Most of the geeziers don't even know what a forum is (At 50, I am of course excluding myself because I am hip and internet savvy :D).

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 49 and had the GEN 1 for 7 years and it aint going anywhere. :2tu:
You guys can keep the GEN 3's....:D I dont care for a generic design.

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Been driving Vipers since I was 33 years young. Bought my 2008 a couple of months ago at the age of 52, makes me feel like 33 again!

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
high school graduation gift, 2004 black vert.... 18 here! I think I just took the youngest award from Limit.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm,I'm 45 right now, but it kinda depends on what gear I'm in, really. Neutral=45, 1st=35 2nd=25, 3rd=21, 4th=18,
5th=29, 6th=45.

I'm a little backwards from that. I'm 40 right now, but my chart goes like this:

Neutral=40, 1st 18, 2nd=21, 3rd=30, 4th=35, 5th=40, 6th=40 (who are you kidding - 6th is just for cruising - 5th is for speeding :drive:)

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
50 when I bought my first Viper....now 59, feel 30, look ????? and when I'm in the Viper, I don't give a rip how old I am.....I am definitely VERY young while driving!!!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No one would believe me anyway at first. I usually dont answer these posts as there are some people out there that think young does not ever equal knowledgeable. Though, I hope with the thousands of posts and PM's I have answered that those people wouldnt start to look down upon me about it... at least until they need a question answered or the Viper Universe explained from the Big Bang through Doomsday. :rolaugh:

I was 17 when I bought my first Viper, and technically 16 when I ordered it. It was a new 2002 Final Edition. It was not paid for by my parents whatsoever. By that age I already had my first business, primarily internet based. Time to dust off the 'ol 2003 Viper Mag... Spring Issue 2003... Page 11 if you want some other info. I bought my second two years later in 2004... though I have a love affair with this one, so I'm not selling! I may add an '09 or '10 though at some point. I have to say however, even being in the boat at one time, I still would not recomend the Viper to 99% of <20 year olds. Our society seems to breed some pretty ignorant people/parents, and many teenages that have ZERO responsibility. I would never say 100% as there is the always exceptions, however I can still think of dozens of times I *could* easily have been put into bad situations if I hadnt had been responsible enough and appreciate the car for what it was and what it could do.

I am 23 right now. And wow, I cannot believe I have been at Vipers for over 6 years already. Another statistic I think many people would be surprised about is the average age of the Viper tuners out there. Its a new world, thats for sure.

Some of you younger guys may have me now, But I gotcha gotcha back then!:drive:

EDIT: Added in the info directly, as I scanned the post I saw that not many people on it could even have the '03 mag!

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
42, bought the snake at 41, and my wife is also, ahhh....well...anyway, she likes Vipers too!:headbang: (just following orders!)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the older guys buy Vipers out of loyatly and nostalgia. We tend to remain loyal to the brand. I think (but its just and unfounded position) that the younger guys buy Vipers if they can afford them. Run them, race them, and many wreck them, then they move on to other interests. I could be wrong, but I simply feel Viper owners are of a unique American brand.

To me, buying the traditional big block American sports car was an overwhelming part of my decision to own a Viper. I simply dont understand the concept around a small high revving twin turbo awd 4 ******. I would rather grow **** and drink milk at a bar than drive or even consider something like that a sports car.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, my curiosity got the better of me, so I did a quick count and here is what we've got so far::eater:

Under 20 - 1
20's - 8
30's - 10
40's - 11
50's - 6
60's - 2

Okay, I'm now 59 but will be the big 60 next month. But, my wife is only 36, so do I average the two and then multiply by the "Viper Owner" factor to arrive at my true, reflective age?:dunno:

Now that we started this thing, being an ex-researcher, we would need a lot more answers to come up with a statistically valid answer.:bonker::brick::bonker::brick::idea:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the older guys buy Vipers out of loyatly and nostalgia. We tend to remain loyal to the brand. I think (but its just and unfounded position) that the younger guys buy Vipers if they can afford them. Run them, race them, and many wreck them, then they move on to other interests. I could be wrong, but I simply feel Viper owners are of a unique American brand.

To me, buying the traditional big block American sports car was an overwhelming part of my decision to own a Viper. I simply dont understand the concept around a small high revving twin turbo awd 4 ******. I would rather grow **** and drink milk at a bar than drive or even consider something like that a sports car.

In my case, you'd be wrong. I wanted a Viper more than anything as soon as they came out in 92' (I was 11 at the time). 12 years of begging my parents to buy one did no good (my dad would tell me "if I had enough money for a Viper, I'd spend it on putting you in counseling instead" :lmao:), so as soon as I had the $$ myself, I bought one :) I'm here to stay :headbang:

Also, I remember one thread on here a while ago about some kid (17 yrs old I think) whose dad had already bought him his 3rd Viper (06' SRT-C). So, he would add a really young youngster to the mix :D

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case, you'd be wrong. I wanted a Viper more than anything as soon as they came out in 92' (I was 11 at the time). 12 years of begging my parents to buy one did no good (my dad would tell me "if I had enough money for a Viper, I'd spend it on putting you in counseling instead" :lmao:), so as soon as I had the $$ myself, I bought one :) I'm here to stay :headbang:

Also, I remember one thread on here a while ago about some kid (17 yrs old I think) whose dad had already bought him his 3rd Viper (06' SRT-C). So, he would add a really young youngster to the mix :D

I'm with Chad on this one. I wanted one since I saw the concept in 89 (family built Chryslers for years, so we had tons of stock and it was in the annual report). Since then I've always wanted one...it is my dream car, even replacing a lambo! So when I was able to get one earlier this year, I did it. I don't race, I'm responsible when I drive and that's all that matters. Age is only a number...it does not always equal experience, nor does youth alway mean impulsiveness or recklessness.

It's funny that you usually see questions like this when the "old guard" is threatened by the youth exuberence of the "young guns." I've seen it at work and in my personal life. It has nothing to do with the falling market for Gen Is and IIs, as most of us young guys make pretty good money these days.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the prices are falling on these cars but like alpine7822 said, us young guys are making pretty good money these days. Thanks to the internet it opens up a whole new playing field for us to make good money.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree there is nothing I'm willing to sell my viper for. I can see me getting a couple more but NEVER will I sell MY viper that I worked so hard to get. As one of the younger guy's I knew I wanted a viper when I was 15 years old and saved since then to get it, it means the world to me. It will never go anywhere.