What age is the Viper Owner ?

mini viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree there is nothing I'm willing to sell my viper for. I can see me getting a couple more but NEVER will I sell MY viper that I worked so hard to get. As one of the younger guy's I knew I wanted a viper when I was 15 years old and saved since then to get it, it means the world to me. It will never go anywhere.

Ditto. Which is why I waited to buy exactly the model, color combo, etc. that I wanted as I was essentially buying my dream car. I just consider myself lucky that my dream car wasn't an Enzo, or worse, Veyron.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To a lot of us "older" dudes a Viper is still an expensive car, since we remember when the dollar was worth so much more and cars were seen as relatively expensive. Now there are plenty of average cars out there that are more expensive. You can get a nice Gen 2 for the cost of a loaded minivan, SUV, or Japanese sports sedan. The Viper is the best raw sports car deal on the planet. A few $ in mods and you can smack down just about anything else out there. So, bring it young'uns.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok. I'll confess my age. It's just a number anyway. I'm 34 (35 in July). So I'm either older than you thought or younger than you thought. You decide.:rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing as I'm older than most of you and parent to both older and younger kids,:nono::dunno::nono::dunno: I think the parent that bought his son his third Viper by the time he was 17 should be hung by his thumbs! To me, doesn't matter how much money one has, but it is a matter of instilling the right values in children.:bonker::brick::bonker::brick::bonker::brick:

Hey, there is something about a Viper that no other street car short of a Ford GT or something like that, can match. I've owned Vette's most of my life and I would still take a Viper over a ZO6. So, when you're driving around, how many Vettes do you see in a week and how many Vipers...in a month, 3 months, 6 months???? Vipers are special in my opinion,:headbang::headbang::headbang: and that is why I got one....even if I am going on 60 and have trouble remembering where the garage button is!:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you were 29!!! But then again you had some older kids so I was confused. . . lol

Ok. I'll confess my age. It's just a number anyway. I'm 34 (35 in July). So I'm either older than you thought or younger than you thought. You decide.:rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I look like 49 and act like 9 (so I'm told by my wife) so I average out close to 29. My older daughter is 24, so I had her when I was 5....a unique experience indeed!:crazy2::crazy2:

Seriously, I would probably bet the average owner is younger, somewhere in the late 20's. Agree with some of the earlier posts, that it is more a function of career/position/education than numerical age.:eater:

For me, I think the love of cars like a Viper transcends age... if you're truly a motorhead and have appreciation for sheer power, it doesn't matter if you are 21 or 61.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

That said, you do need to have the (left) leg strength to push the clutch all the way down to start the car!:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

Its about a combination of owning, admiring and driving a Viper!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Just one person's opinion.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I look like 49 and act like 9 (so I'm told by my wife) so I average out close to 29. My older daughter is 24, so I had her when I was 5....a unique experience indeed!:crazy2::crazy2:

Take a piece of advice from me...don't tell people around here you have a 24 yr old daughter. Some people around here have questionable morals when it comes to 20-something year old girls :D

Signed,

*** calling kettle black

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just about to say...

Take a piece of advice from me...don't tell people around here you have a 24 yr old daughter. Some people around here have questionable morals when it comes to 20-something year old girls :D

Signed,

*** calling kettle black

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Signed,

*** calling kettle black

Im one of those people. Just to clarify

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well at 56 I am on Viper number 6. With each one I feel the years slip away, so I calculate I am around 18.......which was the age I got my first sports car ( have had some type of sporty car virtually every year since ).

Surprisingly, I don't think the average age has dropped as much as many may think, as we sold many customers in their twenties over the years. I would guess the most common buyer's age is in the 40s, but we have sold from as young as 21 to age 84 at the oldest -- in other words the Viper is ageless!!!:headbang:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
26 and my goal of getting my viper since 1995 greatly influenced my life and gave me motivation to succeed. Never owned any silly turbo4bangers or stangss/camaros/vettes, was always on a one way street to getting my viper.

i frown upon owners of any car that are just looking for the 'next best thing' that they can afford.(usually the younger crowd) but then again, its only a matter of time before theyre gone. To me, and many of us its all about the Passion. Hope to see most of yall(@any age) around for a long time.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Signed,

*** calling kettle black

She's safe as long as she doesn't serve chicken wings in tight orange shorts!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipuronr........60 years old and a 36 year old wife?......YOUR MY HERO! My first guess.......it's got to be the money......second guess........it's got to be the money..........3rd guess........it's got to be.......well you know what I mean!

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was in my 20's when I bought my Viper. Now I am 31. Almost bought a gen3, but still liked the looks of the original Viper much better (Gen3 looked too much like a vette to me).

#0 and a few months got the car at 29 and do agree the GenIII do look to much like the vette.Time to get the suiside hood and hips back and use the SRT power in it.The total package

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the older guys buy Vipers out of loyatly and nostalgia. We tend to remain loyal to the brand. I think (but its just and unfounded position) that the younger guys buy Vipers if they can afford them. Run them, race them, and many wreck them, then they move on to other interests. I could be wrong, but I simply feel Viper owners are of a unique American brand.

To me, buying the traditional big block American sports car was an overwhelming part of my decision to own a Viper. I simply dont understand the concept around a small high revving twin turbo awd 4 ******. I would rather grow **** and drink milk at a bar than drive or even consider something like that a sports car.

There is nothing nostalgic about it. "No replacement for displacement" is just as true today as it was 40 years ago.

The only reason the small cubes and turbos are popular today is because packing four pistons is obviously more affordable than eight or ten. If Honda could build a 488 cid Accord for the price they build a 1.8 liter the kiddies would be jumping all over them.

wanagofast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saved my money up for a bit and finally went and paid cash for a viper this year, Im 21

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
28. Got my first viper last year (gen III). Was not sure how I was going to like the gen IV when they came out, but from everything I have read and seen so far, it has been very positive. Really looking foward to seeing one in person. If they look as good as they do in the pictures, def going to get one.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a surprise, thought for sure I'd be oldest--60.5, looks 40, feels 20 and acts 17.

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
23. I have wanted one since 92 and I will never sell it. Actually, now I want a garage queen, b/w with low miles, but can't quite justify it just yet.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, what's your age ?

Put me down on the list for 51. IMHO no one should own a Viper until they are at least 30 years old, although that's not always a popular humble opinion on here.

Why 30, Jeff?

Glad you asked. It gets into a touchy subject of something called financial responsibility, which a lot of young people don't like to dwell on. I know I didn't when I was in my 20s. However, if someone would take that Viper money and invest it in a good 401(k) or IRA in their younger years the compound interest will greatly reward them later in life. Once they have a retirement fund established THEN they can start looking for that 11 mpg Viper.

Oops...there I go being practical.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put me down on the list for 51. IMHO no one should own a Viper until they are at least 30 years old, although that's not always a popular humble opinion on here.

Why 30, Jeff?

Glad you asked. It gets into a touchy subject of something called financial responsibility, which a lot of young people don't like to dwell on. I know I didn't when I was in my 20s. However, if someone would take that Viper money and invest it in a good 401(k) or IRA in their younger years the compound interest will greatly reward them later in life. Once they have a retirement fund established THEN they can start looking for that 11 mpg Viper.

Though I've followed that advice myself, I'm just wondering since when did it become legal to put "practical" and "Viper" in the same sentance?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why 30, Jeff?

My argument...

You are only in your 20's once.. As long as the viper isnt stretching your funds why not?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4