member directory

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happend to the Member Directory that was being put together a long time ago? why has a directory not been made available to us as we were told their would be one? :dunno:

V

Venomiss

What happend to the Member Directory that was being put together a long time ago? why has a directory not been made available to us as we were told their would be one? :dunno:

Are you talking about just this site? Like this?

http://forums.viperclub.org/members/list/

If you are asking about a regional one send the president of your region an e-mail.
It was discussed but everyone has to release their information and I think most were not interested.
The information is confidential for all kinds of reasons you can imagine. (Vendor solicitations- to members abusing the lists for personal use.....)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Do you mean page 10 VCA ByLaw Article I, Sec 11, "Member To Member Directory" ??

The "Member to Member Directory" is a who's who of the Viper Club of America. It lists members by region to facilitate member to member contact for camaraderie and event planning.

This bylaw has been in place for years, but nothing has precipitated from good intentions of by-gone years. VCA places a high-priority on confidientiality of Members contacts, despite what the blylaws say...I personally suspect that it would be 'too difficult' for VCA to allow members to simply "opt out" of such a directory, so it has not been created.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FYI, I have published an IN/KY Directory for for the past 7 years. As part of our initial welcoming letter, EVERY new member receives a directory info sheet FROM ME that is return-addressed, and pre-stamped. (see example below). As time has gone by, MOST now return the form. This system seems to work, and the members appreciate the attempt to guard their personal info.

VIPER CLUB of AMERICA,
INDIANA / KENTUCKY REGION, INC.

DIRECTORY INFORMATION[1]

Please complete the following information for our Region’s 2008 Directory:[2]

To omit item(s)
from the Directory,
check box(s) below:

Name: _________________________________________________________ o

Spouse: _________________________________________________________ o

Address: _________________________________________________________ o

Phone: ___________________________________ Home o

___________________________________ Work o

___________________________________ Fax o

___________________________________ Mobile o

E-Mail: _________________________________________________________ o

Please return this form ASAP!

(To return, fold this page in thirds so that the mailing address on the reverse side is visible for return mailing; apply stamp; send)

[1] Without your response to this query, we will enter your information as provided to us from the VCA’s National Business office.

[2] This Directory is for the private use of our members only. No commercial use of this information is permitted.

V

Venomiss

FYI, I have published an IN/KY Directory for for the past 7 years. As part of our initial welcoming letter, EVERY new member receives a directory info sheet FROM ME that is return-addressed, and pre-stamped. (see example below). As time has gone by, MOST now return the form. This system seems to work, and the members appreciate the attempt to guard their personal info.

VIPER CLUB of AMERICA,
INDIANA / KENTUCKY REGION, INC.

DIRECTORY INFORMATION[1]

Please complete the following information for our Region’s 2008 Directory:[2]

To omit item(s)
from the Directory,
check box(s) below:

Name: _________________________________________________________ o

Spouse: _________________________________________________________ o

Address: _________________________________________________________ o

Phone: ___________________________________ Home o

___________________________________ Work o

___________________________________ Fax o

___________________________________ Mobile o

E-Mail: _________________________________________________________ o

Please return this form ASAP!

(To return, fold this page in thirds so that the mailing address on the reverse side is visible for return mailing; apply stamp; send)

[1]Without your response to this query, we will enter your information as provided to us from the VCA’s National Business office.

[2] This Directory is for the private use of our members only. No commercial use of this information is permitted.
Thank you. :) That's a nice idea if the club wants it. One question is how do you handle the members that are vendors also? Or do you not have any in your region?
In our area we have quite a few vendors. Feel free to send me a PM.
Right now I wouldn't send out stamps or the paper- most everything is done via-e-mail for the club. Members have chosen to "opt out of the e-mail if they wish". With electronic signatures that would take care of it the paper work and expense if the KC club choose to go that route. Might save the Indiana/Kentucky club some money in the future.
More money for club events for you guys!
Our club did discuss it and there were not that many interested in compiling one-keep in mind we have four different states involved for this club. Mitch is more than welcome to contact the president for the KC club and let his idea be known so it can be discussed again if he want's to.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
QUESTION: "One question is how do you handle the members that are vendors also?"

ANSWER: "No commercial use of this information is permitted."

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was contacted by our local pres (KC) and sent my info back to be included, a long time ago.

V

Venomiss

I was contacted by our local pres (KC) and sent my info back to be included, a long time ago.
Mitch,
We just had our regular meeting tonight and there will be a board meeting next week. Please shoot Bill C an e-mail tonight with your concerns and they can discuss it at that meeting.
I was at the board meeting before when it had been discussed. That's how I know.;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala