NOVA Cow COuntry Cruise

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VIRGINIA-MARYLAND-DELAWARE REGION
NOVA COW COUNTRY CRUISE

Cruise Details: Herd about the Cow Country Cruise? Our route will be similar to the NOVA Fall Cruise of last year, but this time we’re adding a leg that the Ferrari Club discovered. You’ll enjoy some udderly beautiful scenery and steer twisty fun roads in the foothills of the Blue Ridge as we mooove through Cow Country. This year we start at Ourisman Dodge in Chantilly. They will have their Viper Tech on hand to answer questions and will provide a light breakfast of donuts, coffee, and juice prior to the cruise. A map along with detailed driving instructions, mile markers, and restaurant information will be provided. We’ll end the cruise at FuddRuckers in Ashburn. Beef will be served.

When: Saturday, June 28 2008

Time: Cruise – Meet and greet at 10 AM, Departing at 10:30
Lunch - 12:30 PM, restaurant FuddRuckers of Ashburn.

Cost: $5.00 Lunch will be provided, alcoholic beverages are individual responsibility.

Meeting Place:

Ourisman Chantilly Dodge
4105 Auto Park Circle
Chantilly, VA 20151.

From the Dulles Toll Road or the Greenway, take Rt 28 South to US 50 West.
From I-66 take Rt 28 North to US 50 West.
On Rt 50 West, go to third stop light, turn left on Stonecroft Blvd, then the first right at Auto Park Circle. You’ll see Ourisman Dodge at the corner of Stonecroft and US 50.

Note: Our route goes through Middleburg where we will make a pit stop about 25 minutes into the cruise. If you need fuel prior to the cruise, from Rt 28 go east on Rt 50 approx ½ mile.

In the event of rain, the cruise will be cancelled, but not the lunch. Feel free to come in your daily driver.

If you get lost along the way or need additional info, please call Dan 703-851-1179 or Kelly 703-554-5691

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Maybe you can also cut/paste this in the VCA Events section. I am not sure everyone checks out the VA/MD region section.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. A guy in my neighborhood passed away on Thursday. Funeral starts at 10 am Saturday. Sad story, 42 years old, 3 kids, ages about 11 to 16, this was stomach cancer, he's been lingering for a year. Two daughters, one son, son is the youngest. Dad was a minor car freak of the Mustang GT convertible variety, so I'm guessing the kids may like cars too. I plan on asking all of them if they would like to take a ride in an 08 ACR anytime soon.
So my Viper day may turn out pretty ok too.
I will miss you guys though, have fun and be careful on that back road, it might not be a fox like last year that gave up it's life to the Snake Speed Parade. It might be something bigger. :omg: Hit a bear or deer on that road and you would be done. No where to go but into the trees. :crazy2:
Dan and Kelly will take care of you all as far as the details. Do have fun.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great time today. I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise (except for the rain there at the end) and the food.

If anyone knows or finds out the outcome of the "unexpected stop" of the SRT w/ the wing, can you let me know?

If anyone got good pictures today, I'd be happy to put them up on the club site's gallery, just let me know!

Kelly

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lee, Sorry about your neighbor and sorry you couldn't join us for the fun. Everyone enjoyed it except for the Gen 1 guys with no tops when it rained and the one guy pulled over by a cop (no word on if he was ticketed but we weren't going too crazy and he got released fast so maybe not). This time no critters bought the farm.

Lee, you would be proud of the Bean. He was almost boring at times. No crazy speeds or stunts.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, Sorry about your neighbor and sorry you couldn't join us for the fun. Everyone enjoyed it except for the Gen 1 guys with no tops when it rained and the one guy pulled over by a cop (no word on if he was ticketed but we weren't going too crazy and he got released fast so maybe not). This time no critters bought the farm.

Lee, you would be proud of the Bean. He was almost boring at times. No crazy speeds or stunts.

LOL....That's me, Mister Boring. (Apparently, Voldemort stayed home today).

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had so much fun. It was the best ride, its only my second time riding with you guys. My son loved it also.
Yes, I'm the guy with the winged SRT10 that was stopped by the nicest POLICEMAN. He said he knew that we were following each other but that I was going 70, I thought I was going at least 90! He told me to drive careful. By that time you guys were gone. I felt guilty about driving fast after I said I would drive slow, so we drove back home and took the wife to a late lunch.
I had the best time and cant wait to hang with you guys again including Lee with that bad ACR.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had so much fun. It was the best ride, its only my second time riding with you guys. My son loved it also.
Yes, I'm the guy with the winged SRT10 that was stopped by the nicest POLICEMAN. He said he knew that we were following each other but that I was going 70, I thought I was going at least 90! He told me to drive careful. By that time you guys were gone. I felt guilty about driving fast after I said I would drive slow, so we drove back home and took the wife to a late lunch.
I had the best time and cant wait to hang with you guys again including Lee with that bad ACR.

I am *soooooooo* glad that you didn't get ticketed!!!!!!

It was nice to meet you and your son. Such a great group of people today. I'd love to do more group driving events like this in NoVA.

I hope you can attend the Maryland fall cruises later this year, they're a blast!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you guys had fun. What's the deal with the unexpected stop of the SRT with the wing? Kelly, glad to see Harry could drive today instead of Voldemort. :lmao:How many cars?

I think we had 15 cars leaving the dealership, including a Ferrari 360 (driven by a club member!), a Porsche, and one wicked SRT-8 Charger. It was a GREAT turnout!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rain sucked. It was wonderful sitting at the traffic light in Leesburg getting rained on while other people in traffic had a look of shock on their faces. I hit rain twice on the way home.

So the last two times I have driven my car I have hit rain three times. Not good odds thus far.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly - That car of your's sure looked cool going down route 50 from my mirror. ;) Great job to you and Dan on the event.

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm glad you had fun, glad you came with us, and WAY HAPPY you didn't get a ticket. Kelly and I briefly discussed stoping and waiting, but I've heard that that can often lead to more cars getting ticketed and that wouldn't have helped you.

Sorry you didn't make it to lunch and we hope to see you again soon.

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg - you came a long way to join us. Thanks for bringing the car that won the horsepower award for the cruise.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly - That car of your's sure looked cool going down route 50 from my mirror. ;) Great job to you and Dan on the event.

Haahahahahaahahhaahahahaha......Too bad I'm gonna be in Seattle during the pig-roast or I'd demand a rematch (after shoving all the pig hooves in your exhaust pipes.) :lmao::rolaugh:

Thanks for letting me try your coupe on for size....that thing fit me like a glove.

You have any plans to put it on the 1/4 mile and see what it'll do?

vipertime3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kelly, All,

I really enjoyed the event. Lots of great cars, a fun route, and a good lunch. I enjoyed meeting everyone and I wish I had been able to make other events with the Club -- I've been a member for 3 years and between my schedule, family stuff, weather, work, etc. this is the first event I was able to make. Too bad it was 3 weeks AFTER I sold my 2002 Final Edition. Yep, I'm the guy with the Italian car. . .sure was fun keeping company on the twisty roads with some serious Amerian iron!

Hope to see everyone at the next event.

Jerry

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, All,

I really enjoyed the event. Lots of great cars, a fun route, and a good lunch. I enjoyed meeting everyone and I wish I had been able to make other events with the Club -- I've been a member for 3 years and between my schedule, family stuff, weather, work, etc. this is the first event I was able to make. Too bad it was 3 weeks AFTER I sold my 2002 Final Edition. Yep, I'm the guy with the Italian car. . .sure was fun keeping company on the twisty roads with some serious Amerian iron!

Jerry

Jerry

Liked running with you yesterday, your car was very closeup in the mirror. If wider roads I probably would have been in yours. :2tu:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haahahahahaahahhaahahahaha......Too bad I'm gonna be in Seattle during the pig-roast or I'd demand a rematch (after shoving all the pig hooves in your exhaust pipes.) :lmao::rolaugh:

Thanks for letting me try your coupe on for size....that thing fit me like a glove.

You have any plans to put it on the 1/4 mile and see what it'll do?

Kelly - Meant to ask you if your Seattle travel plans had changed. If your going solo to Seattle your wife and son are more than welcome out here for the pig roast. It's going to be a family friendly event thing, horsehoes, RC cars etc.....

- Greg

vipertime3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, great fun. You have an awesome car. . .love the color combo, the set up, and that sound is awesome. Oh yeah, runs pretty darn good too!:)

Hope to see you and the rest of the folks at the next event.

Jerry

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I'm the guy with the Italian car. . .sure was fun keeping company on the twisty roads with some serious Amerian iron!

Jerry

Inspite of us having to go extra slow so that Italian car could keep up, :D I'm glad you came along, Jerry. Hope to see you at the next event and maybe even the Ferrari day at Summit, July 21.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you guys. My wife gave birth on Wednesday (baby boy, all is well). Hopefully I can make it out to some events this summer.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, All,

Jerry

So glad you could finally make it to an event with the club Jerry. You have such a beautiful car. Definitely keep bringing that beast out to VCA events.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly - Meant to ask you if your Seattle travel plans had changed. If your going solo to Seattle your wife and son are more than welcome out here for the pig roast. It's going to be a family friendly event thing, horsehoes, RC cars etc.....

- Greg

The whole family is heading to Seattle. My sister is a Navy officer taking command of a unit at the Naval base out there, so we're all going out for the change of command ceremony. Kinda wish we were gonna be home though, the Pig Roast sounds like it's gonna be fun.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you guys. My wife gave birth on Wednesday (baby boy, all is well). Hopefully I can make it out to some events this summer.

Dude....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Life is a gonna change for you now brother!!!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a great time...sorry I missed it (just moved into a new house and we busy finishing everything up). Can't wait for the pig roast!

vipertime3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, yeah, yeah. . .I don't recall seeing your brake lights. Oh right, that's 'cause I was way in front! :) That diesel really helps with the HP. In all seriousness, I really did appreciate your hospitality and had a great time! I haven't decided about the Summit track event, but will let you know once I decide. Thanks again and hope to see you next time.

Jerry

vipertime3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kelly, thanks for the compliment. Yep, I love the black car. It's a blast to drive and I look forward to many more events.

Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper