The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Good: I guess it was some kinda universal message throughout Connecticut today...everyone brought out their sports cars. I drive my Viper once or twice a week, and rarely come across any serious competition. Not so for today. I had four battles....and I did the Viper world proud....I went 4-0. First up was a yellow C6 Z06. He was in front of me on the on ramp (to our private track:rolaugh:) I was right on his ass, intimidating him (like I always do to Vettes) and I was actually shocked that he hit it. I was in third, tried to go to second but could not get a sure shift so I went back into third, he held his lead, then I did get a confident shift back into second, then hit third and walked him, but he would not give up, so I stayed into it and hit fourth and had him by 8 cars when he finally quit. I slowed down to give him the thumbs up, but he ignored me and pulled off our private road course.:D

The next competitor w/ enough balls to try the Viper was some kinda 2008 Mustang 500. It had some kinda kit on it and a serious exhaust sound. As always I let him hit it first then I nailed it. The Z06 was much better competition. I walked this guy like he wasnt even really trying. At one time I got out of it to see if he was still playing, he pulled w/in a car, and I punched it and left him.

Next was..get this, a yellow Ferrari 430 vert. We had fun, but SHE, thats right, it was a female driving, went down like the Z06, but she had balls, believe it or not.

The Bad: When I thought we were all done (at the track :D) I went to a cookout. We were low on hot dog buns, so I went to get some when I came across an aggressive black 07 911 TT vert. I had my wife in the car, and I had on FLIP FLOPS (wasnt expecting any comp) I handed her my flip flops and was now barefooted, turned off my ac and closed onthe 911. He hit first, I hit next...and walked him. The Bad was that I was barefooted and it was my first race w/out shoes! I dont advise it, but hell, I had to protect the Viper image under all circumstances! He was a good sport and we pulled over and talked.

The Ugly: After my wife and I got home I parked my Viper in the drive way and went inside to get some fireworks. I left my top down. I wasnt inside two minutes. My wife and I came outside to light our fireworks....AND IT WAS POURING DOWN RAINING! YES, INSIDE MY 4-0 VIPER was simply soaking wet:(! Ugly...simply ugly. I will air the car out tomorrow and get the insides shampooed (is that really a word?)

So, I guess all in all, you have to take the good with the bad, and the bad with the ugly!:2tu: But the bottom line is...Vipers Rule! :headbang:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good Stuff. :2tu:

Glad to see another Viper member out "driving" their car and driving it the way it was intended. Balls out. :drive:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was so much fun I could barely stand it! I have had my car almost 2 yrs and have never had this much fun in one day unless I am at a Viper event and we are all cruising around. But still, its not the same. Racing other Vipers is one thing, but thats all in the family. Going against the enemy is an entirely different feel. I know all about the lectures of racing on tracks and off tracks. But lets be real. I dont know a single Viper owner that hasnt done some really spirited driving off track at one time or another. I am not going to open a debate on that....but hell, Vipers were meant to rule the roads, public and private. And they do!

I was simply shocked at the outcome w/ the Z06. I thought it would be a really close race. But I gotta tell ya, I walked him like it was a regular Vette. My last dyno had me at 557 ft-lbs of torque, but my power was down to 512 rwhp on the Mustang dyno. I am still puzzled by this outcome, but not disappointed!

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WWOD? (What Would Obama Do) :lmao:

Good thing you decided to visit your private track while making the store run. :D
They should put more hot dog bun vendors at the tracks! Makes for good cook outs!

As far as what would Obama do? Who knows, who cares. When I strap myself into my Viper I cannot even remember, nor do I even care who is running for office!

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man your crusing to get in big trouble with that much street racing.. good luck :drive: :dunno: :omg: :nono:
Check out a couple of my posts w/ me and Viper Tony and Slim Jim all lined up on the side of the road getting tickets from a NY State Trooper while on our way to Saratoga. It happens. :D But if I was worried about the dangers of owning and driving Vipers like they were built to be driven, I would probably have bought a Honda Hybrid instead....

I never claimed to be a saint ...with me..its Live Free or Die! (New Hampshire official state slogan).:headbang:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Stuff. :2tu:

Glad to see another Viper member out "driving" their car and driving it the way it was intended. Balls out. :drive:
Ita was a blast Mike! And most importantly to me, it was letting the world know that regardless of what the rags print the chances of defeating a Viper anywhere any time is remote, very remote. Even my cream puff powered car did us proud!:2tu:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like fun keith. way to go

but its just water, dont sweat it
Thanks plum....I am nervous about my speakers and the window switches. I hope I dont see problems down the line from them getting so much water. Other than that, ironically the seats dried out very quickly on their own. As if Dodge designed them that way in the event such a thing happens.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing, the 911 driver was amazed at the Vipers sound, its handling and acceleration and look. He said he had never seen an SRT up close in real life.:omg: And he said he have NEVER had a car walk him like that.

We exchanged contact info and when we parted he said..."I gotta get me one of those!"

The snake bite fangs another victim!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should put more hot dog bun vendors at the tracks! Makes for good cook outs!

As far as what would Obama do? Who knows, who cares. When I strap myself into my Viper I cannot even remember, nor do I even care who is running for office!
That's the best thing about a Viper. It's Calgone for men. :D

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bad: When I thought we were all done (at the track :D) I went to a cookout. We were low on hot dog buns, so I went to get some when I came across an aggressive black 07 911 TT vert. I had my wife in the car, and I had on FLIP FLOPS (wasnt expecting any comp) I handed her my flip flops and was now barefooted, turned off my ac and closed onthe 911. He hit first, I hit next...and walked him. The Bad was that I was barefooted and it was my first race w/out shoes! I dont advise it, but hell, I had to protect the Viper image under all circumstances! He was a good sport and we pulled over and talked.

Funny... its summer so I always drive with flip flops... it always trips people out when i get done smokin them, and step out in shorts, a ******, and flip flops!! :dunno: :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny... its summer so I always drive with flip flops... it always trips people out when i get done smokin them, and step out in shorts, a ******, and flip flops!! :dunno: :D

That's because they're expecting matching colored hat, shirt, shoes, and pants of the brand you're driving... like what they're wearing. :D
You must be registered for see images

Formula1 Mall - Formula1 Mall Ferrari Official F1 Merchandise Stuff Puma Apparel Clothing Jackets Hats Shoes Tees

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like tonz 'O fun!:headbang:

With all the engine work you have, is your bottom end still stock?

And how many miles are on your engine total, and since the mods?

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like tonz 'O fun!:headbang:

With all the engine work you have, is your bottom end still stock?

And how many miles are on your engine total, and since the mods?
I got the car back at 8500 miles. I had to put like 2500 miles or so on it to break in the new motor. Now I have 17,000 miles on it. So the new motor has around 8500 miles on it.

The entire lower end has been strengthened. Tator did a great job. He built the motor for 900 rwhp and dropped the compression a little to allow higher boost. So even though I have a cam, headers, and some porting, my rwhp tops out in its current form between 510-530 rwhp depending on air temp and tuning that day. Torque varies from 535-560 ft-lbs. I got CP pistons and Manley rods and the comp coupe cam. I am having so much fun n/a I am in no rush to drop the 12k to get the Paxton and 800 rwhp. But thats only b/c I have not had my ass kicked yet!:D

I am somewhat confused b/c my rwhp does not seem to justify walking 911 turbos and Z06's the way I did. Maybe I am just a ballsier driver or something.:dunno:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Viper types always seem more and more alike!

Priceless!:2tu:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG!! Wouldn't it be great to beat somebody who stepped out of a car wearing an outfit with ALL of that stuff :rolaugh: ...(that's got to be the ultimate look in same-sex marriages)

Yeah, the Ferrari types take themselves really serious. I saw a few dressed in this kinda garb at Lime Rock one year. They dont like running against Vipers, but they like to dress the part so it makes them feel better about paying $250k for a car that the Viper beats the snot out of!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth