RB1 ate my NAV Disc...

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And won't spit it back out!

All I get now is a read error on the disc. Can't shove another one in and the system won't read or eject the disc that's in it now.

I know many PC CD/DVD devices have a mechanical "emergency eject" but I don't see one on the RB1. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wow... thats an odd one. You may have to pull it out of the dash and pop the top cover. I dont know of any RB1's eating a disc, thats the first I have heard of. Maybe try pulling the radio fuse under the hood for 5 minutes first, try a reset?

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very strange...

After sitting overnight, system worked correctly... It was a moderately hot (~95F) day and the car was parked outside.

Worked fine for several days (but car was always inside)...

Nav system died again today... At least it spit the DVD out, but still showed a read error and only the FM radio worked (no IPod or CD) and couldn't even change the station... Same general conditions, moderately hot out (mid 90'sF) and car parked outside. Windows even open just a fuzz...

I'm beginning to think I have a defective system...

Dealers or Viper Techs? Any thoughts / comments?

Thanks,

Joe

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit off topic but I live in Golden too. Just took delivery of SSG 08 last Wed. Are you really in Golden?

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorta... Just west of Golden in Genesse. I saw an SSG on the road between Hertiage Sq and Golden late last week. Was that you?

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was a convertable with black wheels + stripes, it was the president of Mopar here for the Mile High Nationals. If it was a SSG coupe with no strips, it was me. I live in Stonebridge at the base of Lookout Mtn (just west of Heritage Rd and 6th Ave area.

Hope you get your Nav issue worked out... Dealer forgot to give me the Nav DVD.

Reaction score
Joe,

If you cannot go to the local dealer then pull it and send it to me I will be able to get you a replacement unit but need to send yours in first.

OP
OP
J

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSGViper, If you didn't see me (Blue/Silver stripes SRTC) must have been Jim. I'm pretty sure I saw stripes.

Mark - Just another reason you and Woodhouse are the GREATEST! I sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Joe