New owner 2006 SRT10

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

2006 SRT10, 5500 miles, Corsa exhaust, K&N intake, 3:55s.
The only mods I have planed are to powder coat the wheels black, tint, MGW short throw shifter, SCT tuner and to replace the death tires.

Does anyone have pics of a red car with matte black wheels? I've seen Dimitrious's in person and liked them but would like to see them on a red car before doing it.

What is the best tire for these cars?

I've driven lamborghinis, ferraris, porsches, ford gts, Z06s, modified mustangs, and many more and nothing, I mean thing feels as raw and untamed as this car. I must admit it's a little bit scarey. Respect!

Cheers,

Nick

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS2's all around ..powder coat matte blk would look sick. ive seen several red cars with blk wheels and it looks really mean..plus i would lower an 1" with eibachs..

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car and congradulations on your new ride! :2tu:
I have a question; Do you know if those stripes were painted on after the factory b/c they are definitely too narrow for an 06' with stripes? When I first saw the pictures I thought it was an 08' Viper until I saw the vents on the top of the hood. Also, I don't think they offered that color combo in 06'. Nice ride though! :drive:
If you are looking to change tires, call Jon B. from PartsRack and order the PS'2's. The ride is noticeably different from the original runflats and he has the best prices. He will probably also give you credit for your old tires like he did for me. Enjoy. :headbang:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the purest car club in the country! Gorgeous car! Careful on the run craps (PS1's). Car will tend to follow the road and fish tail badly for first 10-15 min until tires warm up. Get PS2's asap...will ride like a totally different animal and stick much better!

Congrats!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They did make that color combo in 06'. A total of three were made. Two of them were ordered with the 5 spoke rims and one was ordered with the H spoke rims. However, I do think that car was originally ordered without stripes and that those stripes were painted on after the factory b/c they look narrow from those pictures.

OP
OP
V

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! hope to cruise with you soon. Where in Long Island are you?

I live in Port Jefferson now. I'll definetly be out to some viper runs in the near future.

Nice car and congradulations on your new ride! :2tu:
I have a question; Do you know if those stripes were painted on after the factory b/c they are definitely too narrow for an 06' with stripes? When I first saw the pictures I thought it was an 08' Viper until I saw the vents on the top of the hood. Also, I don't think they offered that color combo in 06'. Nice ride though! :drive:
If you are looking to change tires, call Jon B. from PartsRack and order the PS'2's. The ride is noticeably different from the original runflats and he has the best prices. He will probably also give you credit for your old tires like he did for me. Enjoy. :headbang:

I thought they were stock but the more I talk to people the more I think they are aftermarket. They are not painted on. They are stickers. Thick, high quality stickers.

PS2's all around ..powder coat matte blk would look sick. ive seen several red cars with blk wheels and it looks really mean..plus i would lower an 1" with eibachs..

I looked into the SCT tuners and my mustang one won't work on a viper. $700 bones for those bad boys huh? My mustang one was $250. That wouldn't bother me except that they look exactly the same. What is that all about? A viper tax?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the viper tax world....they are 599 at roeracing.com and they will install 3 diff tunes that will work with your set up..