08 Vert or 99GTS plus 03-06 Vert

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all-

I currently have a paid for 99 GTS that my wife and I love. Before the Viper I used to be into Harley's. I sold the Harley's to buy the Viper, and don't regret it at all except for one thing: I miss the open air feeling of a Harley. So I was thinking about the two options below (each would be about the same total money) and wanted everyone's opinion. Thanks in advance!

Option 1:
Keep the 99 GTS and add an 03-06 vert.

Option 2:
Sell the 99 GTS private party and buy an 08 SSG vert.

I don't want to sell or trade the GTS for a 03-06 vert, that was my thinking previously, but decided against that.

Thanks!

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you comfortable with the extra cost of maintaining 2 vipers?

Yes, they won't get more than about 2k miles per year each, so maintenance would be more "time elapsed" versus mileage based. I haven't gotten insurance quotes yet to compare those figures, however.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no question here add a 03-06 vert to the mix.........................

2 of anything is better than one if you ask me. I keep on telling my wife that......lol
she still has not taken my side:D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Houston brotha, keep the 99 GTS as I am partial to it. Thats what I have albeit modified a bunch. You will miss that awesome styling.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Agree, 2 is greater than 1, 3 is greater than 2 .....

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having owned every Generation the answer is simple Drive an 08..The overall capabilitys of the car are mind boggling (every time i drive mine its like i can not believe a bone stock street car with a warranty that passes emissions is this fast ,smooth streetable ect )Dont get me wrong my other Vipers wre great cars also just not in the same league.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting story ,Darren Buhler- Buhler Auto Group and i have been great friends for 20 Years.Every time a new model comes out i have a tendency to bug the holly hell out of Darren ,his father Don and basically their entire staff.(i cant say enough about how great they have been to me over the years )Any how i got ahold of Darren two seconds after the first 08 hit last winter for (.Darren has driving abilitys on par with Evan Smith so hes a very qualifyed driver.)The first thing out or Darrens mouth was if you can hook it will run 10s with a warranty.-Stupid fast.

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having owned every Generation the answer is simple Drive an 08..The overall capabilitys of the car are mind boggling (every time i drive mine its like i can not believe a bone stock street car with a warranty that passes emissions is this fast ,smooth streetable ect )Dont get me wrong my other Vipers wre great cars also just not in the same league.

I tried to test drive an 08 last weekend, dealer wanted to run a credit check on me before I could drive it. I showed him my Viper keys and insurance to my 99, no dice. Admittedly, I told the salesman I was not buying a car today, but I didn't want a hit on my credit report just to test drive a car.

Thanks for the responses everyone, keep them coming!!!!

V

Venomiss

I tried to test drive an 08 last weekend, dealer wanted to run a credit check on me before I could drive it. I showed him my Viper keys and insurance to my 99, no dice. Admittedly, I told the salesman I was not buying a car today, but I didn't want a hit on my credit report just to test drive a car.

Thanks for the responses everyone, keep them coming!!!!

Come to VOI and test drive one of Dodges Vipers? Just a thought since you already own one. Or maybe win the raffle car-problem solved.:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950