Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs only here too, on the track

MORPCA_Putnam_park_2009.jpg

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
id let them settle in for about a week before taking it to get aligned.

Does this mean settle b/c you just installed on car? Or settle after you say lower or raise a coilover and height of car but the system has been on car for months?

Is there a set rake height for the srt 10? I seem to hear .5 inch but don't know where the measuring points would be. Would it be from front wheel hub to rear or on the coilover itself?

I have moton clubsports and its been lowered twice by small incriments and I still say it should go down more in front. I think I fit three fingers in front and 2 in back. Shouldn't it be the other way around as far as rake goes?

My dilema is 295/30/19 front 335/30/20 rear for street and the stock 04 rims with stock size tires in kumho for track, 275/30/18 345/30/19 or 25 in middle I forget.

Anyway the street tires are a tad heigher esp in rear so this confuses things a bit when I am going for an alignment or to find the perfect rake/height for the car. I'll try post photos to see what everyone thinks and besides it is lowered on moton clubsports. Sorry for taking us a bit off topic, but I would appreciate your wisdom on the question.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id let them settle in for about a week before taking it to get aligned.

Yes, they do need to settle. Not sure about a week though. I let mine "settle" for about a week or so....Ruined a brand new set of Sport Cups.

In that week I drove about 200+ miles...:dunno:

But like Shank2117 said, they will settle.

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The fronts are 20" and the backs are 22". They are lighter than stock and turn less revolutions than stock, which means the car is actually three car lengths quicker than stock. Trust me!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My contribution. springs and caps. I want my car back:brick:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eibach with caps for the front and springs only for the rear.

Attachments

• violet front facsia with splitter.jpg
    violet front facsia with splitter.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 92
  • At Hobby Lobby1.jpg
    At Hobby Lobby1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 188

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Hi-NOS...if you are still here in hawaii i can show you mine in person.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont take this the wrong way but - since they turn less revolutions then stock that is effective going with a lower gear ratio. If they turn more revolutions you have a shorter tire and effective raise the gear ratio which may result in quicker acceleration.

The fronts are 20" and the backs are 22". They are lighter than stock and turn less revolutions than stock, which means the car is actually three car lengths quicker than stock. Trust me!

ttechris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Springs and Caps the day after install. Has settled a bit since.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use 6" Eibach springs, with Moton 2-ways. The low 'perspective' may be of a little different perception with this Mamba as he's wearing Comp Coupe
adapted side panels, and I fitted some diffuser blades from a Comp Coupe too. Ride height is set within 1/2" of Comp Coupe settings all round and fine
on the road with either the OE '04 wheels / tyre combo, or 18" all round BBS split-rims with ultra low profile tyres, but I have changed arch lining mounting
just a little to accommodate being slammed, for spirited driving on bumpy British roads. :omg:

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here my latest project. This one has springs and caps.

You must be registered for see images

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My contribution. springs and caps. I want my car back:brick:

My Favorite.... Color Combo and wheels... Almost bought one with almost the same set up but got away when I tried bidding on it on ebay :( but... got me a nice one too = Red and Black stripes :)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Favorite.... Color Combo and wheels... Almost bought one with almost the same set up but got away when I tried bidding on it on ebay :( but... got me a nice one too = Red and Black stripes :)

Actually you were prob bidding on the very same car. The guy who bought her from me listed her on ebay just a little while back.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually you were prob bidding on the very same car. The guy who bought her from me listed her on ebay just a little while back.

That was probably it except with some splitter on it and aftermarket spoiler. I wish I had it coz it was the perfect set up for me. I love the wheels with the color combo Silver and Black :)

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone - perfect. I've always had a hard time seeing the difference but lots of good pictures here make it very clear.

What do you mean by letting it settle - just let it sit still for a week, or drive it for a week?

Last edited:

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone - perfect. I've always had a hard time seeing the difference but lots of good pictures here make it very clear.

What do you mean by letting it settle - just let it sit still for a week, or drive it for a week?

Basically both... for at least 2 weeks :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave