95 Viper Upgrade questions

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchassed a 95 RT-10 a few weeks ago and have decided that I want to make it a bit faster. My goal is to get into the upper 10's but I would probably be fine with lower 11's. I am wondering the correct upgrade path. I plan on using N20.

I was thinking (in order):

-filters and intake pipes
-remove cats (do I need whole exhaust??? Catback or headers???)
-3.55 gears
-gen 2 fuel injectors
-VEC 1
-ARP head studs (install from top)
-150 shot of N20 (dual fogger setup from NX)

When I get to it, I will probably post a thread about installing a N20 controller and how to stage it more safely for the motor.

Does this seem like a good idea/correct place to start? Will this accomplish my goals and is this the correct order to complete the mods?

Thanks,
John

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing your no chemist. Anyway you will need many upgrades to handle the kind of power that will get you into the 10's. I don't drag, but from what I gather from reading posts is that you need a better clutch that is capable of higher hp and def a good rear end to handle all the torque. Someone with more knowledge should be along shortly.

Do a search.

:usa:

OP
OP
I

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have, I also talked to members of the local viper club. I haven't heard from anyone that I would need a tougher rear... My car only has 8xxx miles and I know that the clutch is pretty strong but I will have to look into it. I have looked at others setup and maybe they just skip listing the built rear and heavy clutch... I will look more later tonight.

G

grcforce327

(Install from top)???

You sure as hell can't install from bottom!:slap: No kit from ARP.:nono:

OP
OP
I

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(Install from top)???

You sure as hell can't install from bottom!:slap: No kit from ARP.:nono:

I meant I am going to pull the valve covers and replace them one at a time vs pulling the heads, swapping the gaskets, and installing the studs. My car was purchassed totally stock with only 8k miles. The HGs should be fine for a while.

G

grcforce327

Personally,I would do gaskets,cam,lifter,and heads at the same time!Talk to dinosaur Ron at ARP,he's the guru. You have to order individually since they don't make a kit.They also have pieces to stud the bottom end(gee, how do I know this?):lmao::D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless your Head gaskets have already been replaced (I don't imagine they have at 8kmi.) then the first upgrade you NEED to do is the MLS head gaskets. Nitrous should blow out the original gen 1 set extremely fast - and if you blow the head gasket out, then keep on with the Nitrous, I've seen it cut a groove through the suface of the block and ruin it. Get rid of the paper gaskets first.

JonB (partsrack.com) will sell you a set for a reasonable price (about $1,000).

If you don't have DR or PS2s change the tires as the older street tires are junk for traction.

The biggest improvement you can make (other than a sc) is exhaust. Throw away the restrictive Cats. Add headers. Nitrous responds extremely well to exhaust mods as it is injected under extreme pressure into the engine, but adds to the exhaust already coming out of the engine. Intake stuff won't help the Nitrous power at all.

Call JonB for more info, or Pm me if you want more explanation.

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235