NY/CT Region at NJ Motosports Park - October 2

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
njmp_registration_form.jpg

Info thread link:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-york-connecticut/611377-ny-ct-region-nj-motosports-park-october-2-a.html

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately this track is governed by NJ State Police and they will not allow convertibles without a role bar and/or hard top.(must pass broomstick rule)

I will say if anyone was considering buying a hard top now it the time. I have raced on the track and have another race there next week and the track is great. It was designed to be a safe fun track and it will be incredible with our Vipers.Lots of elevation changes,sweeping high speed turns and lots of room

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Convertibles - For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Cabrio, Miata, Z3, Corvette, etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event at Lime Rock Park: 1) The roll bar must be in a fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the "broomstick" test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. As with any car, if your convertible meets these standards it is welcome to participate.
Dont kill the messenger

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the seat lowering kit, Autoform Rollbar and Autoform hardtop. If anyone with an SRT 'Vert wants to go but doesn't have a real rollbar or top, they could borrow my hardtop (simple 1 minute attachment - no "mods" needed).

I haven't done the broomstick test. If I don't make it, I'll need the top during my runs, but I'll probably run in the white group being my first time at this track. So anyone running in another group could use mine.

Ron

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve do they require a specific roll bar? I have the safety hoops produced by Startech. they are stainless steal 1/8 thick hoops that bolt to the original mounting points. Will these pass?

Pics -

DSC06370.JPG

DSC06379.JPG

DSCF1084.JPG

They are structurally sound.

Oh yeah, Dont mind ther nail polish. Sometimes I have to get the girl involved.

Convertibles - For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Cabrio, Miata, Z3, Corvette, etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event at Lime Rock Park: 1) The roll bar must be in a fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the "broomstick" test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. As with any car, if your convertible meets these standards it is welcome to participate.
Dont kill the messenger

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the seat lowering kit, Autoform Rollbar and Autoform hardtop. If anyone with an SRT 'Vert wants to go but doesn't have a real rollbar or top, they could borrow my hardtop (simple 1 minute attachment - no "mods" needed).

I haven't done the broomstick test. If I don't make it, I'll need the top during my runs, but I'll probably run in the white group being my first time at this track. So anyone running in another group could use mine.

Ron

Wow! awesome Ron..ill take you up on that offer since i dont have a roll bar..:2tu:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just did a Skip Barber Race weekend on Lightning. Turn one will give us a real good exercise in a$$ clenching for sure. It is a very busy track, no time to relax...
The track out crubing is way off in a number of places and depending on how much use the track has had prior to us getting there you'll have to watch where you drop wheels off. There isn't a lot of grass yet and the sandy soil erodes away quickly leave some pretty good ditches.
It will be interesting running a high HP car there compared to the Skip Barber cars. Looking forward to it.

Dave

I will have my hard top as well that others could use.

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron I will set it up so you guys are in different groups thanks for helping him out.

Nadar- try putting a broom stick across the top and see how much clearance you have.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not certain I can go yet but if someone needs to borrow my GenII hard top for the track then you're welcome to it. - Tony

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately this track is governed by NJ State Police and they will not allow convertibles without a role bar and/or hard top.(must pass broomstick rule)

I will say if anyone was considering buying a hard top now it the time. I have raced on the track and have another race there next week and the track is great. It was designed to be a safe fun track and it will be incredible with our Vipers.Lots of elevation changes,sweeping high speed turns and lots of room

Was on this track at the beginning of the month with another car club and it is one heck of a track. Should be fun. I will end up there again at the end of the month with the S2000 to see what the track is really made of.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Andrew Rt's with top no issues it the SRT's that there is an issue..........get your registration in I heard Jersey is calling you out :) kidding

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed RSVP List:

1. Cooperhead 245
  2. Dave Moore
  3. Dimitrios
  4. ACR Steve
  5. *** Black
  6. El Pres.
  7. Nader
  8. Eric Buchalter

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was on this track at the beginning of the month with another car club and it is one heck of a track. Should be fun. I will end up there again at the end of the month with the S2000 to see what the track is really made of.

GOD FOR BID YOU COME OUT WITH THE VIPER CLUB
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::eater::eater::eater::eater::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62