HELP - Buying my FIRST Viper - Any Advice?

GTSVIPER85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying my FIRST Viper GTS 2002 - Graphite Grey/Black - STOCK - 13,000 miles.
Does anyone have any advice on my purchase?
Possible modifications that I definitely should do?
Any good places to shop for add-ons and modifications? Winterization techniques?
Aftermarket catalogs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 98 GTS.

I HIGHLY recommend a brake upgrade as a first Mod. Look into Daves 40MM mod.

Congrats!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you heard of the internet? Use the search tool as well, all of you questions can be answered there. Pick a specific topic or key work and search it.

:usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations GTSVIPER85~! Where are you located? Private Message your VIN# to the moderators and they will upgrade you directly to "Viper Owner" (moderators are: lee00silverblack/kcobean/citysnake/y2k5srt...you can send a message directly to all four of them with your VIN#)...you have one of the BEST color schemes for the GTS year you bought from~! KUDOS!
Join the VCA now (there may be a discount for joining late in the year?) by calling JRT/Viper Headquarters: 1-800-998-1110~! WELCOME ABOARD! PICS when you have a chance!
Once you join, you can utilize many of the threads that can answer your questions.
OR if you want to talk to an EXPERT: Call Chuck Tator/Viper Wizard 1-914-763-3136!
ENJOY! ~juli

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm buying my FIRST Viper GTS 2002 - Graphite Grey/Black - STOCK - 13,000 miles.
Any good places to shop for add-ons and modifications? Winterization techniques?
Aftermarket catalogs?

In order, the mods to a STOCK Viper are usually:

Intake: HiFlow KN filters and smoothe silicone hoses
Exhaust Sounds puny: Performance Hiflow= Corsa, Belanger, B+B, RandomTech, Borla
Shorter Shift Knob or shifter.
Lowering springs and/or spring caps.
Upgrade brakes with SS lines, pads, slots, fluid...or bigger brakes
Rear gear swap accelerates MUCH faster, stops faster, and uses all 6 gears. CHEAP
Aluminum Flywheel same reasons, less results, good mod.

VCA has some great long-time sponsor/vendors: Tator, Roe, Woodhouse, Cragin, and my absolute favorite: PartsRack!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation.

Be sure to get in contact with your local ViperClub President. You will run into lots of viper friendly members at their events and meetings.

Get to see and experience what other members have done to personalize their Vipers.

Consider looking into a ViperDays experience to take your snake to the track.

Enjoy your new VIPER!

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. Hook up with your local club. Be a little patient with your mods, talk to some members, dont just jump in and start spending money unwisely. Some of your mods will depend on what you want to do with the car

Good luck and enjoy:)

Grailkeeper

VCA Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket catalogs?

GTS85....
Take some time to get to know your new snake. Spend time driving and becoming acclamated to driving a 450hp car. It does take a little getting used to. This way you'll find out what you like and don't. Then you can start to think about what you might change. Keep in mind that as you crank up the power the reliability gets stressed. If you live in a cold climate a heated garage is the hot tip. Otherwise take the same precautions you would with any car. Make sure the coolant is correct for low temps. Air up the tires to help with flats spots. Write down a schedule for starting the car and let it warm up etc. If you can put a few miles on it on a dry day that will help the axle and trans......enjoy your new ride and take time to become one with the snake.....GK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235