ACR Values

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering buying a ACR, just wondering what you guys think - will values will go down $20 or $30k in 3 to 5 years or hold there own like the FordGT. It will most likely depend if they stop production or not????????

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummmm, they made a little over 4000 Ford GT's in a few years. They SURE look like they are appreciating. ACR production this year is estimated to be about 150. I would presume about the same next year. 300 total, The Ring champion? Run the numbers.
Will the car be discontinued? Not if any of us who are involved have anything to say about it, and I see that as an impossibility anyway based on the economics of producing it. It will survive and continue to be built by Dodge or someone else. But it will take a loooong time to get to 4000 units at 150 a year. Again, run those numbers.
But don't buy it for an investment, buy it to drive, the only guys having more fun than ACR owners are fighter pilots

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummmm, they made a little over 4000 Ford GT's in a few years. They SURE look like they are appreciating. ACR production this year is estimated to be about 150. I would presume about the same next year. 300 total, The Ring champion? Run the numbers.
Will the car be discontinued? Not if any of us who are involved have anything to say about it, and I see that as an impossibility anyway based on the economics of producing it. It will survive and continue to be built by Dodge or someone else. But it will take a loooong time to get to 4000 units at 150 a year. Again, run those numbers.
But don't buy it for an investment, buy it to drive, the only guys having more fun than ACR owners are fighter pilots

Well Lee lets post a 1/4 mile run under 11's and that might help just a tiny bit. :D

I feel the ACR does more then just turns.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GTs are holding their value and in some case appreciating for no apparent reason that I can discern ( and I own one and am not complaining before the FGT lovers flame me)? ACRs hold their value due to their limited availablity and package of improvements more so than most other Vipers. But I don't see why they would hold their value or appreciate unless Dodge discontinue's the Viper? If they make a new one every year I would guess they would go through a normal Viper depreciation schedule.

That being said I have never understood why the Viper depreciates at all given its low production and hand built status, cult like following unprecedented factory support for the club, racing and owner invitationals.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What hurts the most is when dealers start dumping cars for way less than MSRP, which they did with the Gen III and ruined the resale value on the Viper all down the line (including so-called collector cars like 97 b/w, etc). Whether they do that with the Gen IV is yet to be seen. It has a run life of 3 years, and is just in the first year. Too early to call, and depends on the economy in two years. Can you forsee that far? IMO, its a "risky" investment based on recent history with the Viper. My 2c--Buy one to drive one, not to invest.

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word to the wise.Do not try to trade it in on anything.I was told wholesale of 80k and that was at best.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What hurts the most is when dealers start dumping cars for way less than MSRP, which they did with the Gen III and ruined the resale value on the Viper all down the line (including so-called collector cars like 97 b/w, etc). Whether they do that with the Gen IV is yet to be seen. It has a run life of 3 years, and is just in the first year. Too early to call, and depends on the economy in two years. Can you forsee that far? IMO, its a "risky" investment based on recent history with the Viper. My 2c--Buy one to drive one, not to invest.

Very well stated, not a good investment, just drive it and enjoy it at it's most. :2tu:

trojewski

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've "only" owned two Vipers. I passed on my '03 when I finally saw one (no 'excitement'), but the '08 ACR....I've waited nearly a year. No Ford GT, THIS is "the one". That being said, buy it and drive it. That's why they built it.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Drive one, then see the reaction you get from people out on the street. The car is an absolute ROCK STAR. I have been driving mine since Friday, I cannot believe the reaction I get, it is similar to the reaction I get when I drive my 05 Ford GT. Thumbs up, smiles and camera flashes. I didn't buy either car for that reason, I drive and I drive them hard. The GT has been on the race track several times and the ACR will be there as soon as break in miles are done. I could probably get what I paid for GT right now, I believe the ACR will be the same. Buy the car, drive the car, the money will come some day if you want or can part with it, I can't see that happening for me, the car is a life-er, just like my 01 sapphire metallic blue GTS.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the ACR will have immediated depreciation, followed by huge appreciation due to its limited production, and the highest track performance.

The strongest selling Viper of all is perhaps the GT2 commenorative edition with wing and canards. No reason to believe this ACR will not be in the highest demand in the future.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy a comp coupe used and tracked hard for what people paid for them new. This is the closest analogy to the ACR. If I had the money, I'd be all over it.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens when Saleen takes over the Viper name and only makes the ACR, 6000 of them?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Saleen making any hand-built cars (not add-ons like Mustangs and F-150's) that cost less than the current Viper? If this goes solely through Saleen/Prefix, etc. I bet prices go up a lot.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Often the biggest indicator of future performance can be found in historic performance.

In other words, if you're curious how the market will eventually play out on a new ACR, just compare it to the 99-02 ACRs. The GenII ACR MSRP'd at $90k...today, some are for sale at $50k with mileage around 5k. There is a strategy to buying an automobile as a financial investment, but buying a new Viper (ACR or not) at MSRP isn't it.

From an "investment" perspective, invest that $100k in a mutual fund for 5-7 years and then buy the then depreciated ARC for less than the interest earned on that $100k. At that point, you've turn one liability into 2 investments. :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Often the biggest indicator of future performance can be found in historic performance.

In other words, if you're curious how the market will eventually play out on a new ACR, just compare it to the 99-02 ACRs. The GenII ACR MSRP'd at $90k...today, some are for sale at $50k with mileage around 5k. There is a strategy to buying an automobile as a financial investment, but buying a new Viper (ACR or not) at MSRP isn't it.

From an "investment" perspective, invest that $100k in a mutual fund for 5-7 years and then buy the then depreciated ARC for less than the interest earned on that $100k. At that point, you've turn one liability into 2 investments. :2tu:

Not a valid comparison to compare the older ACR with this one. That model did not differ much from a regular Viper with only different wheels, shocks, harnesses. THIS ACR is almost like a different car. FULL Carbon Fiber Aero, brakes, fully adjustable suspension, light weight wheel, stand alone paint shemes.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a valid comparison to compare the older ACR with this one. That model did not differ much from a regular Viper with only different wheels, shocks, harnesses. THIS ACR is almost like a different car. FULL Carbon Fiber Aero, brakes, fully adjustable suspension, light weight wheel, stand alone paint shemes.

I understand what you're saying, the SRT10 ACR is a vast improvement over the old ACR and by all means is an awesome machine, but I disagree with the notion that it should be considered a financial investment. Although I think we all can agree that owning any Viper is an investment in one's happiness...and sometimes you can't put a price on that. :)

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are ACRs selling for over MSRP now and are used ones selling for as much or more than what people paid for them new?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4