doors that raise

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any aftermarket doors for the 08 Viper that raise up like a lambo?

Yes, and the bottom of the car lights up neon blue/green and flashes, LEDs flash in the interior and smoke comes out of the glovebox... ;););) LOL

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
75% of Lambos produced today don't even have "Lambo Doors"

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my take on them.....if a tuner car has them, it doesn't bother me. Those are toy cars anyway and you can do what you want to do. Noone is going to notice anyway. Exotics come so complete from the factory, it usually looks wrong when someone goes to great lengths to modify them. Dodge got a lot right with the Viper. Leave the Lambo doors (and dolphins) to the import crowd. But, then again, its your car and you only live once. If you want them, hack away! :)

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of Prowler guys put Lambo doors on their cars... Lots of metal cutting to fit the new hinges. Their cars are not easy to get in from what I've heard...

If you still think you need Lambo doors... Go sit in a car that has the hinges installed...
I doubt you would still want them...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please dont do it to a viper.

besides, i have heard that aftermarket lambo doors on a non-lambo car work fine at first, but in a short period of time, become a real headache - not closing right, always need readjusted, etc.. anyone else hearing this too?

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
besides, i have heard that aftermarket lambo doors on a non-lambo car work fine at first, but in a short period of time, become a real headache - not closing right, always need readjusted, etc.. anyone else hearing this too?

I've heard this too. I believe there is quite a bit more info about lambo door mods over on the Corvette forums... :smirk:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent last weekend driving a Spyker spyder with verticle doors. Pretty cool in the beginning, and really drew a crowd, but they quickly became a pain in the butt.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there, done that....trust me, on ANY car not designed for verts, they are a PITA.

You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No...just...no. Although, I'm sure Unique Autosport would love to charge you a hefty fee for installing them. But then again, they don't have to drive it afterwards. Don't do it.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VIPER is already a neck-snapper! No need to rice it out with Lambo doors. Besides those doors are sooo 3 years ago! lol

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even the good kits require readjusting every other week and for a lot of viper owners who leave their cars sit for a while the hinges seize up and have to be removed and soaked in oil. (not that this happened to me on my first custom car, or did it). I will refrain from post this photo only due to the vehicle the customs were done to, was good for being 16 years old.

OP
OP
V

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Due to the overwhelming "no" response, I will not be installing the vert doors. Thanks for the attitude readjustment. You guys are great. I loved the animated pic from voi9. I needed a hit in the head. LOL.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're called JACK-KNIFE doors.
If anything, since they were originally brought to the public by Alfa-Romeo, so they should be called "Alfa Doors".
Sheesh....I thought there were car afficionados in here.
:)

(Sorry for the outburst. I have a pet-peeve about the whole 'lambo doors' thing)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra