FAKE 1998 GT2 Commemorative GTS for RENT on eBay. HUH?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is unreal. Check this out, at first I was like "You have to be kidding"??!!

Rent a GTS-R dodge viper in Tampa FL for 3 days
eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 110292372490 end time Sep-30-08 09:13:56 PDT)

So I am like, wow, are you serious? These guys have no clue what they have. I need to call them, maybe I can buy this car before it gets trashed! I would love to add a GT2 to my ACR in the garage. So, I go to their website listed on the auction...

Let It Roll Dreamcars

This is where things REALLY get interesting. I notice that the car pictured on the listing is NOT the same as the one on their site. The large photo is, but the smaller thumbnails are not a real GT2!

FAKE - notice no curved "trim" around foglight.

You must be registered for see images

REAL one- formerly for sale by BJ Motors

This car is obviously not a true GTS-R, but a mock up of a car that was probably wrecked and rebuilt to look like one.

On the photos, #1 no GTS-R badging plate near the stick, #2 no "lip" around the foglight housings, #3 no blue on the center of the seat leather. #4. WRONG wheels. If that was the only thing, it wouldn't be as major (although would hurt the cars value), but added to everything else, it makes sense that it doesn't have the BBS wheels.

Not to mention a HUGE wheel gap in the front wheel well! (can you say wreck? It's no wonder it didn't have the VIN in the eBay listing.)

This crooked company is obviously trying to rent a piece of $hit viper as a GTS-R, hoping to fool a car enthusiast. I have emailed him earlier today and plan to contact eBay.

More pics from his site. Note the fake seats and missing plate.

REAL GT2 interior (again from Bernie's ad)

One LAST pic from their site... notice it now has correct wheels, with what appears to be SRT brakes on the front?? But with huge wheel gaps. Boy I'm confused.

Last edited:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is off on that car for sure. The wing looks too tall (but that might be because of the angle), the wheels gaps are huge, and the rims are the right style, but look like 2 piece instead of the 1 piece ACR rims.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This auction is for a gift certificate for a 3 day rental of the GTS-R look that one the champion ship of the 24 hours of lemans.

It is a LOOK-a-like, even says so in describtion. Just some old wrecked POS.
He knows EXACTLY that its not s GTS-R....
This was already discussed in another thread.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why dump on someones' business.

Think it is a great opportunity for people not familiar with Vipers to get the chance to drive one for a day. Think the experience would be priceless.

No reason to get all huffy about it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think it is a great opportunity for people not familiar with Vipers to get the chance to drive one for a day. Think the experience would be priceless.

I tend to agree. I could see getting upset if he were selling and misrepresenting a replica...but he's renting a replica. I can't imagine RENTERS getting too upset. JMO.

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tend to agree...selling one is one thing, but someone testing / renting one and it being disclosed as not authentic isn't bad. At least they get to test a Viper GTS :)

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting responses.. sorry but I see something wrong with misrepresenting a car, regardless of how it was used.... on their site they claim it is an authentic GTS-R.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting responses.. sorry but I see something wrong with misrepresenting a car, .

What were you hoping to happen? Florida VCA members with torches and pitchforks rousting up the owner and publicly chastizing him/her?
Surely, you have more important issues than this? Why not post more pics of your monster lifted truck which is also a fake as it is only a 2x4? This thread reminds me of tattle tale kids, sorry. No dice.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, maybe I need to clarify my opening post. It wasn't my intention to "trash someone's business" (not that everyone here are in FL and were probably going to be customers anyway). I thought it was interesting to see the differences between a real GT2 and one that almost had me fooled.

I am sorry if I appeared to be rude or hateful, but I thought the post was to be informative. The reason I outlined the differences was to inform, not to ridicule or trash. I guess the tone came across as a little harsh, unintentionally.Take it for what it was intended for, or simply move on.

Last edited:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not worth taking life and re-painted cars that seriously....

It's just a GT2 look alike and it says iso in e-bay listing.

I dont think 1/2 of the guys who rent it even know anything about GT2's. They want to rent a VIPER. And that, as far as I can see... it is.