Any difference between '08 & '09 ACR?

Have Z Need Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any mechanical or weight difference between the '08 and '09 ACR? I know the colors offered are different and the ******** option would acct for 40lbs if chosen. Otherwise, would the two years be identical and perform the same at the track (assuming they both had or didn't have the HC option)? Unless one is waiting for a particular color, is there ANY reason whatsoever to prefer an '09, other perhaps, than ultimate re-sale value? Thanks for the help...this will help me decide. And what is stated Gross Vehicular Weight on ACR?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think 09's will weigh a tiny bit more as new federal safety standards have required the frame to be strengthend in a few areas. Throttle drive by wire has been recalibrated for improvement. Believe little other changes. Color options may be different.

Any running improvements made in the 08's will be included in 09's.

Got to drive a SRTC 08 the other day. New engine really pulls much stronger up in the RPM range. Feels much faster than previous engine.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the 09 will weigh more, I don't think there will be a difference in resale. Go with the color you like. Oh the center console has been modified I believe.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say there's no reason to wait for a 09 especially if the 09 will weigh more.

OP
OP
H

Have Z Need Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so if there's no difference, when would be a realistic estimate for wait times on an '09. If ordered today would you have the car in hand by January?... February?... March? what's been the experience for you '08 owners? Thanks

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome officially to the board with your first post! You have been a reader in the wings for a long time without saying anything it would seem....

Good luck with the ACR!

Robert

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to dealer today to get oil changed in my '04 SRT-10 Ram, and had my buddy work me up a '09 ACR. On his screen it shows a hold on 21B (ACR) till Dec. The color I'm looking to get is on hold till April '09 (Bright Blue):2tu:

Later,
Joe B
:D:D:D

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure they will all be held up until the current inventory is sold. If I ordered an '08 a year ago and was finally taking delivery in the late fall as the '09's were out and track season was over, I would be PISSED!

V

Venomiss

Is there any mechanical or weight difference between the '08 and '09 ACR? I know the colors offered are different and the ******** option would acct for 40lbs if chosen. Otherwise, would the two years be identical and perform the same at the track (assuming they both had or didn't have the HC option)? Unless one is waiting for a particular color, is there ANY reason whatsoever to prefer an '09, other perhaps, than ultimate re-sale value? Thanks for the help...this will help me decide. And what is stated Gross Vehicular Weight on ACR?

Call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. Ask away.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Waiting for delivery takes a long long time. Do a search. You'd be much better off to buy an 08.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper