6 DISC CD Player stopped working, doesnt show cd

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We disconnected battery to work on car. When I hooked it back up, as usual, the cd player cycled and then all is usually normal. Well this time it kept spitting out cd and sucking it back in, after doing this like 6-8 times, I just grabbed cd and took it out of player. Well now once in awhile you hear it cycle and try to shuffle cd's. But cd player doesnt work and wont play cd's.

Also, when I hit mode button to switch between AM/FM/CD, the cd option is no longer there. It just shuffles between AM/FM. Anybody have a similair issue? Any advice?

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Mine quit working about 2 weeks ago, but just shows "Disc Error" and won't play or eject the CD's. This is the 2nd changer I've been thru in 1.5 years. Pretty frustrating. That's why I have recent post about an IPod adapter. I'm saying "To hell with the changer..." and connecting an IPod. Which is technologically better and something I should've done in the first place. Now 2 changers later I'm wising up. Recommend you go the IPod route if you can't get her working. Good luck!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this has happened to all three of my SRT's. I have an extra stock radio that was only used for a week from an 06. You are more than welcome to it, just pay shipping.

w8liftn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It needs reset. I know there is a way (I'll try to find out for you) to reset the system. It has it's own version of CNTRL+ALT+DEL. I'll post again if I can find it.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the 08 without nav hold 6CD's? I cant get more than one to load.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thansk guys, I was hoping there was somekind of reset. If all else fails, Ill just take up the street to dealer and get it warrantied.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went with the Pioneer gps and Ipod set up kicker speakers. Loving it...... I have my old stero if anyone is interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper