My Dead Bee Updated

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so as most of you know I totaled my Bee.
VIN: 1B3ER69E51V703404

Now what you don't know. Insurance offered me an O.K. amount for my car. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible. But I did know the Viper I purchased was worth more then that. I can tell you that Jon bent over backwards to help me out. When the insurance company gave me the offer it was clear they did no market research. Before I accepted their offer I called Jon and asked what kind of offer I should accept on an 01 Bee with 27k miles. Our numbers didn't match too well so he told me what to do. Get some comparables, fax them to the insurance company and give them a counter offer.

Well so your not reading a book I faxed a few comparables and gave the insurance company the name of a major local viper dealer and Partsrack's information. After talking to the insurance company it seems they had a nice long chat with Jon about my car and some great information was brought to the table. Free of charge he was able to increase my claim by 1750 dollars roughly. Didn't ask for a dime, didn't ask for anything. He has taken the time over the last week and a half to coach me through this. I am 26 years old and haven't had an accident or speeding ticket for 11 years so it was a new experience.

All in all, Jon, thank you for the hours of time you have given me and for all of your help in the past.

Now on to new things, I am currently in the process of getting my new bee. If things go my way I will have it within 2 weeks, with NEW tires!! (PS2's new)

I do want to thank everyone at VCA for their support as well. You have been very nice during this time and I have decided that upon the purchase of my new Bee that I will finally, after 1 year, become a member.

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to see you're okay and things are going well in your search for a new bee.
Keep up updated (with pics when you get it).
Hats off to Jon for helping you and everyone else on this board.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time you joined! GO VENOM! :D

Told you you should've bought my spare tires... ;)

Can't wait to see the next beast...just remember not to let the $$$ burn a hole in your pocket too fast. Good time to shop around and buy right now. :2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I forget to mention Jon was calling the dealership I am purchasing my next car from to work out a little deal? I guess when your around the viper world for so long you make friends in good places so I might save some more money there. The deal is sweet now, but he is going to try to sweeten it for me. Ill keep you posted.

I wanted your tires though, but remember your rear's were 19's not 18's. I couldn't swing the tire/rim package though and PS2s are what I really needed. Pilot Sports haven't been in production for a while now so they are all reaching their shelf life.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Jon didn't tell you is if you were already a member he could have gotten you an extra 3750. :lmao: ;)

Yes, there are a lot of great people in the Viper community that go out of there way to help you. I have actually had Chcuk Tator the Wizard talk to my Viper tech while he was working on my GTS and help him diagnose the issue with my alarm. :2tu:

Good luck with your search/new Bee. :drive:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are OK. I can't imagine what you must have gone threw emotionally.

Good luck with the search! Lots of great deals right now.

Robert

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to know how much $ Jon has cost insurance companies by getting Viper owners more fair offers than what they originally offered :D Glad to hear you're getting another Bee! If I had a GTS, that'd be the combo I wanted!

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't enough that Jon helped me get more of the car's value from insurance, he also personally contacted the dealership I am purchasing my new bee from and was able to get another thousand knocked off!! How can you complain about this service, it was beyond top notch. So its out that I have put a secure deposit on a new bee and have ordered and shipped new PS2's to the dealership to install for me. I stand by good customer service and I will say that in all honesty for as long as Partsrack can sell me parts they/he will have my business (grant it I'm small business compared to a lot of owners, but mine will definitely be there)

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad all's-well that ends well !

Anyone here that is active military like Pollup KNOWS that I will do WHATEVER I can to help.......I consider it my privilige to watch YOUR back for a change.......

John, the Viper Tech I had check that car out said: "Its not MINT..........it is IMMACULATE"

Confession: I also enjoy 'splaining to insurance adjusters why the NADA and Edmunds books are under-clued when it comes to Viper values.... Indeed we have helped a BUNCH of our customers with issues, appraisals, affidavits, depositions, at no charge. PartsRack Perks.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know many places offer military discounts but this is definitely a whole different level. Hopefully when I am done with my military career I will be in a position to offer some service back to the armed forces as you do.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happens to your totalled bee? Does it get crushed??? sold for parts?? (seats...rear pannels maybe?) does it just sit around for the rest of eternity? Does it get fixed and sold as salvage??

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car. Thanks Jon for helping everyone out in this type of circumstance. The book values on these things is stupid.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure what happens to my old bee, that is up to the salvage yard. They wanted 19,082 to buy the car back so I had no interest. 2 of my local viper owners took a look at the car and said it is highly fixable and is really not that bad. The hood is the only reason why it was totaled honestly.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure what happens to my old bee, that is up to the salvage yard. They wanted 19,082 to buy the car back so I had no interest. 2 of my local viper owners took a look at the car and said it is highly fixable and is really not that bad. The hood is the only reason why it was totaled honestly.

That's what I thought too... just a hood, most everything in front of the motor and a day at the frame shop should be enough. The rest of the car looks way too good for it to be parted out IMO so I do hope that someone will take the time to make it roadworthy again!

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first started reading this thread, I saw 26 with a Viper and wondered how does a 26 year old "kid" afford one. No Offense intended. Then I read further and saw that you are military. My hat's off to you! I was Army for 17 years so I have great respect for anyone in any branch of service. Glad you are getting another Viper. Question though, Did you have regular coverage on your Viper? I thought there was insurance companies where you can get a Viper (or any other high dollar car) insured for an agreed value. Something you might want to consider if you can do that.

w8liftn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you give us the number to the salvage yard that has it? I have an '02 bee and have been looking for some hard to find parts.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will find out about the salvage yard. The car is repairable so I don't think it will be parted.

As far as me affording a viper I have been in the military for 7 years and have extremely well established credit. I have had credit since the age of 16 without missing or even being late on 1 payment. It also helps that I got a nice reenlistment bonus :). I was the youngest local to have a viper when I bought it, 25 at the time. I did have normal "Full" coverage for my viper so I was able to get fair market value for the vehicle.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
reenlistment bonus! I would of bet you are an officer. That is too cool that you are enlisted and driving a Viper. Way to go! Take care of your self and be safe. Are you planning on doing 20?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I am an E5. I would venture to say my bonus is probably better then most officers, but I am not a nuke. I am an FC. There are a few other locals to me that are military guys, one prior enlisted now officer and one normal officer. Great people!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car was located over here I'd buy it and start a slow restoration project on it, there is a concours 'd elegance winning repair shop a few doors down from where I work that can help me out if I would need anything, lol.
Problem is that I can likely not find a loan anywhere in the current economy :smirk: Hopefully it will land on someones path that will fix and give the car the TLC that it needs!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss